Kit.. Spoilers..

Caution: Spoilers!
Discussion about other works of James Galloway (Dragonstar, Alpha Project, The Fox and the Hawk, and others)

Moderator: Sennadar Moderators

Forum rules
Please Read the forum rules.
Hearly
Speed Racer!

Kit.. Spoilers..

Post by Hearly »

Now I know Kit gave his word about not taking away there money, But I'm thinking he'll kick that Uncle out of the Main Home, and maybe trying to work on the cousins to be more responsible..?
Fiferguy
Cloudy, 12C, to -2C o/n with a chance of scattered postings

Re: Kit.. Spoilers..

Post by Fiferguy »

Hearly wrote:Now I know Kit gave his word about not taking away there money, But I'm thinking he'll kick that Uncle out of the Main Home, and maybe trying to work on the cousins to be more responsible..?
KIT said he wouldn't take away their money, but I'm hoping that VIL is more vindictive. I just have this weird feeling that Vil is going to end up controlling ALL the money. And she's pretty piping mad at the aunts and uncles. Course, if there's anything we've learned from Fel...he always does the unexpected. :twisted:
DigitalMaestro
Sui'Kun

Post by DigitalMaestro »

I've gotta wonder. What's left? Fel just wound up the main thread of the story with only a few loose ends in the lawsuits, so now what? Is he gonna bring the family politics into a whole new light? Is a new major thread going to spawn? I'm really interested to see where this goes.
Mistra
Katzh-dashi

Post by Mistra »

or, fel goes real evil on us and ends the story with the birth of his first-born without any plot-twists...that would be the surprise of a lifetime.
Hearly
Speed Racer!

Post by Hearly »

I think Vil will stick Kit with having control no matter what papers he signs..
J-Man5
Mi'Shara

Post by J-Man5 »

Nah the real twist is that Jessie will be the one to control the money. Kit said he would let things stay the way they are but Jessie and Hannah got a taste of how Kit's aunts and uncles act. And they will step in to "help" them live life like normal fursons. That way they can grow out of their snobbishness.

Plus it puts the last fur that they'd ever want in control of the money a non fox, mix breed cat that they'd have to be nice too.

And it has Fel's sense of humor all over it. Just desserts and all.

J-Man5
Mistra
Katzh-dashi

Post by Mistra »

say...fel did keep silent on 1 tiny thing, the previous version of the will would appoint Kit as Pres of the shipyard, and kit nor vil spoke a single word on that (kit probably hasn't realised, and that's the way vil likes it)
Cougar2k2
Sui'Kun

Post by Cougar2k2 »

Hearly wrote:Now I know Kit gave his word about not taking away there money, But I'm thinking he'll kick that Uncle out of the Main Home, and maybe trying to work on the cousins to be more responsible..?
I could definately see something like this happening. I made mention of it in the chapter release thread for chapter 17 in one of my posts. All the little hints that Fel seems to be dropping/hiding, the constant run-ins with his family, Vil's mysterious behavior, Clancey talking about the main home, and the fact Kit is so against receiving any money from the family. Its because he doesn't want the money that she is going to try and give it to him is my thought. If I had to hazard a guess I'd say Vil is trying to work on Kit to try and have him either take over as the main figurehead of the family or just forgive his family.
"I can control my destiny, but not my fate. Destiny means there are opportunities to turn right or left, but fate is a one-way street. I believe we all have the choice as to whether we fulfil our destiny, but our fate is sealed."
--Paulo Coelho
storyreader2005
Sorcerer

Post by storyreader2005 »

Cougar2k2 wrote:.....
If I had to hazard a guess I'd say Vil is trying to work on Kit to try and have him either take over as the main figurehead of the family or just forgive his family.
Figurehead... maybe. Only time and Fel will tell.

Forgive? His younger cousins, like Sheila, sure. The rest of the family? A snowball on the surface of the sun has better odds.
Cougar2k2
Sui'Kun

Post by Cougar2k2 »

This is for chapter 18, a very nice chapter. So the long awaited honeymoon is here. To bad it was so short, it seemed to read really fast and before I knew it they were flying away. I was really surprised that Vil would buy all those things for the Williams family. And even more surprised that Kit didn't really have any objections about them or a more vocal objection from Hannah. I think Ben shows his maturity when he seems to hesitate after recieving his mustang. I don't think the two kids were present when Vil told Hannah and John about the apartments or the credit/debit cards but I'm sure that they will be even more blown away. I would like to see them think hardly before accepting them but I know how I would react if I recieved such a gift so I don't expect that to much.
"I can control my destiny, but not my fate. Destiny means there are opportunities to turn right or left, but fate is a one-way street. I believe we all have the choice as to whether we fulfil our destiny, but our fate is sealed."
--Paulo Coelho
Fel
Weavespinner

Post by Fel »

It shouldn't be a surprise that Vil would do that. She has a track record of it. If she likes you, she tries to spoil you.

It also shouldn't be too much of a surprise Kit didn't object either. Anything that makes Jessie happy is just fine with him, and what daughter wouldn't be happy to see her parents rewarded for raising her? Besides, Vil was a bit extravagant, but she wasn't utterly outrageous. She walked the line, but she didn't go out of bounds.

Right now, Hannah is just too shocked to bolster much objection...and if you look closely, Vil didn't go absolutely nuts. She did for the Williams basicly what she did for Kit and Jessie, and the gang at work. Gave them what they need, spoiled them just a tiny bit with the vacation and the season tickets, and made sure they'll be just fine. The cars, well, yah, that was pure spoilage, but what would YOU say if some obscure uncle showed up and gave you a car? Would you hand the keys back and say "no thanks?"

Vil has this fetish for the sum of $10,000...she likes giving it out.
Just another guy from the shallow end of the gene pool.
nightwing1978
Initiate

Post by nightwing1978 »

well. if i remember correctly 10,000 is the largest amount of a monetary gift that can be given tax free
kal
Katzh-dashi

Post by kal »

i know this is just fiction but.... in chapter 18 they go to honeymoon in a 20 story building in the Florida keys. that isn't possible. last i knew you couldn't build anything taller then 5 storys in they keys due to the fact it is a small island. you cant put a proper foundation down without hitting the water table. not to mention it is against the local building code. (i have family down there so i am somewhat familer to the area)
Cougar2k2
Sui'Kun

Post by Cougar2k2 »

nightwing1978 wrote:well. if i remember correctly 10,000 is the largest amount of a monetary gift that can be given tax free
Did you and Fel get that number from the movie "Shawshank Redemption" oddly enough also which is mentioned in the story? Or was it $50,000 in the movie?
--Paulo Coelho
miraborn
Da'Shar

Post by miraborn »

kal wrote:i know this is just fiction but.... in chapter 18 they go to honeymoon in a 20 story building in the Florida keys. that isn't possible. last i knew you couldn't build anything taller then 5 storys in they keys due to the fact it is a small island. you cant put a proper foundation down without hitting the water table. not to mention it is against the local building code. (i have family down there so i am somewhat familer to the area)
A quick google search revealed that the tallest building in Marathon is a 13 story condo building.
Bonefish Tower
2000 Coco Plum Dr
Marathon, FL 33050