Earth Bond 24 (spoiler) discussion

Discussions all around the Earth Bond/Kell the dragon story.

Moderator: Sennadar Moderators

SYED
Child of Niami

Earth Bond 24 (spoiler) discussion

Post by SYED »

The amulets seem very cool, but i don't see how humans would be able to make the amulets themselves, unless they used magic. Magic gear cant be made using magic, and modern technology is not an alternative as it is not magician made. The fact magic was used in one case seems contradictory of set rules. I wonder what the amulet would be worth as jewelry. Can there be amulets designed to allow a magician to be able to use magics that are not naturally suited to them? The probably have to be tailored, but it could at least improve what minor skills they have, even if it does not give them awesome power.
Are oils and potions covered by the same rule concerning magician made tools? so the Chinese are stuck there, non of their materials are suitable.
I wonder if there is much magic that an untrained or non amulet magician can do. A safe list could be published to help find mages, people try them out, those that got it to work are mages.
I wonder what happens if this oil has human blood added to it, or the full formula added to a tail spike? could dragons gain something for humans or enhance the lightning effect to lessen the mass? if ED get WD protection, they could swim or safety in emergencies. FD protection meant they could live in lava and magma, as well as deep underground. AD protection means the top of mountains and the polar ice caps are places where they could go and survive. Can a dragon only have one immunity at a time, or is it possible to have all five? I think the oil will react uniquely with an E dragon tail spike. Say possibly gain some dragon enhancements other that the immunity.
Will they try to intercept the translated documents? the shao kai collection represents hundreds of years of magical experimentation and lore, that they have no knowledge of. They will likely never get access to the books themselves, but potentially a copy of the material inside.
Earth dragons were only mentioned in Europe, how would the Shao Kai even get their blood? The second formula, does it remove the protection or something else?
Is there an explanation for locations like the Bermuda triangle involving magic?
If Chromatics are immune to radiation, make it so no radioactive material con get close to the island, if it does it goes inert. that would deal with the nukes.
Operation glorious dawn seems to be a very bold and big idea. If the targets are forewarned, then they could potentially prepare. While it might not stop the Chinese, it will cause allot o death in their forces if forced to move early. Only Russia and Pakistan even have the potential to interfere, but depending on their own resources and logistics, stopping will be impossible. The little countries may try to fight, but they just don't have the ability to stand up to the big guns. They will how ever create fierce resistance in the future. I am predicting allot of terrorists changing targets and going after china instead. They might not be able to go after turkey, but the Arabian peninsula will be open for attack.
Can magic alter organic material into diet food? food that you can gorge on but barely gain weight, possibly even starve on it. Also, can it produce oil or it by products? a clean way to make fossil fuels would be valuable, but to keep the environmentalists at bay the pollution issue needs to be dealt with? can magic transform pollution or help break it down easier? imagine a spell that can separate the components of the atmosphere, removing the toxins and pollution that is created. The whole magic can only affect what is real, does that extend to atoms and molecules? if they can become a source of oil and oil based products, that might be enough to make the oil wells that the Chinese targeting be too expensive to acquire, as they face competition in supplying the world, and the dragons wont have the same costs and problems.
.S.A.M.K.M
Greymist
Weavespinner

Re: Earth Bond 24 (spoiler) discussion

Post by Greymist »

Sorry Fel, but I do have to say the encrypted file thing made me cringe a bit, the fact they didn't use something like public key encryption to at least encrypt the password, or communicate the password through a separate path *shudder*.

Aside from that, I'll withhold any comments about the Chinese thing since my fiancée is Chinese ;)
SYED wrote:if ED get WD protection, they could swim or safety in emergencies.
The oil appears to give the resistances to the targets skin or outer surface, hence earth dragons wouldn't really gain anything from oil made with water dragon blood as they are already highly resistant to pressure, and it's not going to give them the ability to breath water.
Javna
Katzh-dashi

Post by Javna »

I wonder how long its going to take before some MAD scientist going get his hand on some blood from all the dragon and try to create a hybrid. And why do i get the picture of the Dr. Cockroach Ph.D. (voice) Hugh Laurie from
Monsters vs Aliens (2009) in my head when i picture the scientist..
There's a fine line between genius and madness.
Me I crossed the line long ago
thrystan
Talent

Post by thrystan »

One small nit to pick. If earth dragons might be vulnerable to plastic coated bullets, wouldn't the treated soldiers also be vulnerable to them?
SYED
Child of Niami

Post by SYED »

Imagine the searched the academic world for scientists that had magical potential, so they could recruit them for their own magical studies. The scientists would be taught magic while they attempted to quatify magic for the world.
We know the majority of the dragon races were greatly adapted tot heir chosen ranges, so I wonder how an artificially created dragon would adapt, would it remain a known element, or could it be unique kind of magic creature.
we know they have talismans to take humanoid form, how great is their changing ability. Any imagined creature, or based on one that actually existed. I just had this idea that the dragons could use theatoc to become dinosaurs
.S.A.M.K.M