Earth Bond 23 discussion (spoilers)

Discussions all around the Earth Bond/Kell the dragon story.

Moderator: Sennadar Moderators

SYED
Child of Niami

Earth Bond 23 discussion (spoilers)

Post by SYED »

So the dragons will be on the internet, great way to get people to like them, with out getting scared by the fact they have giant claws. They could have a website where people send questions, and they answer the best ones on the website. Imagine how much they could charge people to advertise on their site, millions would visit to learn about dragons.
Also, they could sell magical items over the inter net, mailing them to the buyers. Unfortunate, no sales to china and/or their citizens, or any one with an anti dragon stance.

China will be using it's influence to stop the dragon's diplomatic approach, but they can use this. SAy that until they are recognised and able to have embassies, they wont be able to test others to see if they have magical potential. Nor engage in selling of magical items. The whole world wants magic, so with china being dealt with by the department.

Any proper embassy will have to be huge and well built to always hold dragon weight, even then they would need hiders. Better to have a single embassy and link a scion to it.

I wonder if that open area tv system, will become a open air cinema for the island? I wonder if all the dragons will begin to learn more human languages.

Say another fleet is sent, why not sink that as well, leaving no evidence again. so the chinese blame them, and in return, ask if they remembered to check the weather.

The fire dragons are supposed to be the dragon military/security, yet they cant do much offensive work due to modern weaponnry. So there seems to be a need or magical defences for warriors. If they could temporaryly gain an earth dragon earth immunity, it would be great. Can they still use their fire magic, if they loose their fire immunity, or do they simply need to be more careful. They could have magical armor, if they can stop steel from approaching the island, bullet and missile defences could be dealth in a similar way?
If human cant see them, or their weapons cant track them, then very hard to hit moving targets.

will fell be making up his own spells, copying from other stories he made, or simply import them from else where?

will we soon see earth dragon experimentations in their magical natures? how they effect spells and rituals? what happens when they form a spike link? i hope the earth dragon get cool magical benefits.
.S.A.M.K.M
Viking64
Talent

Re: Earth Bond 23 discussion (spoilers)

Post by Viking64 »

China

I think the next thing that the Chinese government will do, since the invasion force failed, is resort to diplomacy. That means that their politicians will do what they, and any other politician regardless of nationality or political affiliation, do best. Lie. Nuclear missiles? Those were not missiles. That was a crate of tinfoil hats to protect the dragons from the evil mind control rays of the American CIA. Invasion force? No, that was a peaceful diplomatic mission where our diplomats and the dragons could all join in a circle, hold hands and claws and sing Kumbaya. In the UN, with the recent economic crisis stirred up by the Chinese, they will have their diplomatic work cut out for them stopping the dragons from being declared sentient and being recognized as a nation. Those subjects would be more for the General Assembly where their Security Council veto would not apply.

On a more active front, I think the Chinese will try infiltration and information gathering next. I imagine that they have their own version of Navy Seals that they would try to send to the island. The trick will be getting them there. The usual methods of insertion, either by plane or submarine, would have to get past the air and water dragons. The only method that I can think of that might work is using a camouflaged sail boat, sailing only at night. I'm sure there could be other ways of sneaking onto the island but that will be after several failures of more traditional methods.

I suppose the real question is why the Chinese government is so adamant about gaining control of the dragons. I don't think its merely due to needing to learn Draconic in order to read some left over books on magic. Diplomacy alone would have taken care of that eventually as the dragons want to teach anyone who has the potential for magic, including the Chinese. Did the ancient sky dragons let slip that the earth dragons are the source of magic and the Chinese government believes it can gain total control of magic by controlling the earth dragons? Maybe there are tales of expanded life times that the dragons could grant that the political leaders are interested in for themselves. Some other reason? There's a lot of room for thought here and I wonder where FEL is going to lead us.

I'm pretty new to these forums and I haven't read all of the stories that FEL has posted yet, but what I have read, I have certainly enjoyed.
SYED
Child of Niami

Post by SYED »

No military ship how ever small will be allowed near the island, they will need to get private or civilian ships to get even a tiny chance of getting on the island.

THey may need to risk access to the dragons, by simply telling every one the exact location of the dragon island, so the world press will descend upon the region. You would then get all these civilian boats, going to have a look examine the region. Also, every nation with a sea boat will happen to send one to keep an eye on the location. WIth all that going on, they could hide a few agents so they can attempt to get close.

Who do the small islands closest to the dragon area belong to? I see them being taken over, by other so they have a place close to the dragons. No one want those island as they had nothing of value, but their proximity to the dragons they do now. The dragons should claim, or ward them, using them a mooring points for human ships, or cargo drops.
THe dragons should make contact to the nearest inhabited island, even if it is just a small village, and make nice, dont want them giving hostile force permission to be in the region.

I wonder if there is a risk of some human group construsting oil drilling platforms to give them a presence in the region.
.S.A.M.K.M
Lochar
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Lochar »

One major problem that the dragons haven't thought of is if the video conference connection gets hacked during a Draconic lesson. The Chinese could learn their draconic on the sly that way.
Ignorance is bliss, knowledge is power. Are the powerful very unhappy?

Support my brother.
http://www.justiceformichael.com
SYED
Child of Niami

Post by SYED »

Even if they hack the chats, the only know how to speak it, if they have books, they need to learn to read them. What if instead of attempting to get to the dragon island, the leak sends them the location o the island which the hunters are studying on. THat way they could steal books, and translator programs, as well actual magicians, and the first lady would be s useful asset, a way to get out safely.

TO deal with earth dragons not growing up with traditional skills, why not create a form of cub scouts so young earth dragons get a chance to experience all sorts of skills and jobs?

Soon, the dragons will start uploading their knowledge to computer system, so the sum magical knowledge of the world would be contained in one place. I wonder if new discoveries would be made with all this knowledge in a singular place
.S.A.M.K.M