Magic. major inconsistancy

Discussions all around the Earth Bond/Kell the dragon story.

Moderator: Sennadar Moderators

SYED
Child of Niami

Magic. major inconsistancy

Post by SYED »

MAgic is the power of life, yet they are effected by the movement of the planets, they are no known life and the sheer distance should mean they have not effect. I wonder if there is a relation ship to magical insulators and conductors with the planets and stars.

I wonder if there will be a scientific explanation for the the interaction with the magical tides. COuld there be forms of life on the other planets?
.S.A.M.K.M
GBLW
Mi'Shara

Re: Magic. major inconsistancy

Post by GBLW »

SYED wrote:MAgic is the power of life, yet they are effected by the movement of the planets, they are no known life and the sheer distance should mean they have not effect. I wonder if there is a relation ship to magical insulators and conductors with the planets and stars.

I wonder if there will be a scientific explanation for the the interaction with the magical tides. COuld there be forms of life on the other planets?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dear sir or madam- whichever you may be

The 'major inconsistancy' (spelling is YOURS) is in your knowledge of the world. If you do live in England, take a trip to the seashore and ask any fisherman if the solar or lunar tides affects their ability to catch fish.
Tides, seasons and even solar events have effects all over the world on almost any form of animal or plant, so why would that dictate that there would life on other planets?

(but thanks for another belly laugh)
K Pelle aka GBLW
My recent stories are available at: http://www.grynenbayritpublications.com/
Mac The Knife
Sorcerer

Post by Mac The Knife »

And it is a world of Fel's creation, after all.
www.gearrings.weebly.com
untimelyhenry
Talent

Post by untimelyhenry »

Holy crap Mac/k! I remember following your stories back in (/me goes and checks) 2005. Darker than I typically like, but captivating. I remember the feelings those evoked quite clearly. I suppose I don't lurk here enough (really at all, I just come for the stories); I had always assumed that you just dropped off the face of the planet. It's good to, er ... see? you.
Mac The Knife
Sorcerer

Post by Mac The Knife »

Wrong person,,,,, I believe you're referring to Mack the Knife, not Mac the Knife. If I was to try to write a story, the story arc would be more of a flat line.
www.gearrings.weebly.com
untimelyhenry
Talent

Post by untimelyhenry »

no kidding, eh? oh well. I discovered a recent update from your name double as a result of seeing you here. I'll just try to disappear now.
AgCOtter
Katzh-dashi

Post by AgCOtter »

Given magic is another natural force, then the strength of any two magical sources, the distance between these two sources squared, and the "Conjuration Coefficient" whatever it might be, could be found by solving the following. T sub m (Thaumaturgy force ) equals CC times the quantity [ r (root source)sub 1 times r sub 2 divided by d squared]. I would imagine that the value of r would change due to a differences in the tail spike that was to be used at either end.
"Let's be Very Careful out there people!"
eschnappauf
Talent

Post by eschnappauf »

... given that the "Conjuration Coefficient" is a constant Factorial indirectly proportional to the straight-line distance in non-Newtonian Space.... Hmmm... gotta remember to carry the one.... Holy Crap. I'm flabbergasted! Totally shocked, shocked, at this revelation! The answer is...

42!

How could I have ever thought it would be anything else?!?!?
Wingsolution
Katzh-dashi

Post by Wingsolution »

while distance squared works for currently observed physics effects, there's no certainty that it would hold for magic effects...

and I may be remembering wrong, but isn't some law of physics rated as cube of distance... I'm too lazy to look it up, and I haven't studied that for a decade...
bored and lazy... it's more fun to talk on gaia...
SYED
Child of Niami

Post by SYED »

The talisman amplify the power of a human. I wonder just how linked they are to the humans that wear them, if they are bathed in the Immunity oil, would it allow their bodies to still gain the earth dragon protection.
I am wondering what would happen if an earth dragon spike was immersed in one of htese substances. The oil is supposed to replace being bathed in earth dragon blood, and blood establishes a link with a spike. So tspikes might accept magical alternatives/equivalents to blood.
.S.A.M.K.M
Wolfee
Mi'Shara

Post by Wolfee »

SYED wrote:MAgic is the power of life, yet they are effected by the movement of the planets, they are no known life and the sheer distance should mean they have not effect. I wonder if there is a relation ship to magical insulators and conductors with the planets and stars.

After writing something, read it through and fix the grammar please.

Also I don't believe SYED was referring to the Earth Dragon series, instead I believe he was referencing the single chapter to date of Draconian.