Dragon technology

Discussions all around the Earth Bond/Kell the dragon story.

Moderator: Sennadar Moderators

SYED
Child of Niami

Dragon technology

Post by SYED »

We know the dragons are epic hackers and programmers, and they are able to replicate human technologies, specialied and customised to it dragon needs. But have they developed anything that humans dont actually have. We know kell com[plain that he had to use human tech in the field, and it was less than what the departmant uses. So wwhen will we see fancy advanced dragon tech?
.S.A.M.K.M
konman
Da'Shar

Re: Dragon technology

Post by konman »

I think we have in the computers used on the island as they use a linux version customized for the draconic language. However I don't see much of a market for it unless mages start to use them.

However I do wonder if the department pillaged the chinese banking system while Kel was sinking ships. Just transfering all the funds out of those private accounts the leaders probably have hidden would go a long way in purchasing supplies from the US.

If they cleaned out every account in China and transfered it to another country the Chinese would probably Nuke them but if it was only the hidden accounts the leaders have that they are not supposed to have in the first place they might get away with it.
Everyone has A photographic memory.
Some just don't have any film!
SYED
Child of Niami

Post by SYED »

We know they apparently own the chinese computers, I wonder if they have access to the chinese intelligense systems. If they passed to america a janus list, a guide to every agent and assets the chinese have, in america and other places.
.S.A.M.K.M
Belgarion213
Da'Shar

Post by Belgarion213 »

Cleaning out every account is so bad a plan that if the dragon's suggested it I would be surprise. It would not only provoke China but its such a blatant hostile act that most likely the rest of the world, including the US, would turn on them. Hell, even draining the 'secret accounts' is a pretty bad plan. Much better plan to expose secret accounts, though that works both ways, as a lot of US senators/business moguls etc have them and if the dragon's can expose China's...

I still want to see some sympathetic Chinese people, and not just make it a 'US rules, China is evil incarnate!' but thats just me.
GBLW
Mi'Shara

Post by GBLW »

Belgarion213 wrote:I still want to see some sympathetic Chinese people, and not just make it a 'US rules, China is evil incarnate!' but thats just me.
I agree completely with your comments about the bank accounts, however it would be much easier to be sympathetic to the Chinese had they not been portrayed as the aggressor in the story, but it's rather hard to show sympathy to anyone in the situation that is being shown to us. Now if you were writing the story, I'd imagine the plot might be different.

So perhaps you should try to convince Fel to expose the Fire Dragons to 'Aussie Rules Football,' since your game makes the NFL and CFL games look pretty tame and considering where the island is located . . . ?
K Pelle aka GBLW
My recent stories are available at: http://www.grynenbayritpublications.com/