Earth Bond 22 discussion (spoilers)

Discussions all around the Earth Bond/Kell the dragon story.

Moderator: Sennadar Moderators

SYED
Child of Niami

Earth Bond 22 discussion (spoilers)

Post by SYED »

I wonder if having ED in magic rituals would be aided to the magic. Lots about magic has to be distance, being so much closer to the source of magic has to be good.
THey had that crystal that found wards, it was thought to be older than the island, so I wonder if long term exposure makes items near permanence in nature, so possibly simply far more energized.
The experimentation to communication ring may prove it, so ED may be in charge of magical items, as they can make them stronger.

SAy the ward help keep the island safe, can they be piece by non steel, or non metal tech? I wonder if wards are vulnerable to magicians or those that have visited the island?

THe island should have plenty to rebuild with, so I wonder if they would start on a settlement for future human wizards. Use some of the material to build an under water habitat.
.S.A.M.K.M
dellstart
Child of Niami

Re: Earth Bond 22 discussion (spoilers)

Post by dellstart »

The dragons have. Proven to be dangerous and cunning. foes.That attack was a shot across the broadside . No one takes then lightly now that's for sure . :shock:
SYED
Child of Niami

Post by SYED »

We know they apparently own the chinese computers, I wonder if they have access to the chinese intelligense systems. If they passed to america a janus list, a guide to every agent and assets the chinese have, in america and other places.
.S.A.M.K.M
GBLW
Mi'Shara

Post by GBLW »

SYED wrote:We know they apparently own the chinese computers, I wonder if they have access to the chinese intelligense systems. If they passed to america a janus list, a guide to every agent and assets the chinese have, in america and other places.
Why is this nonsense posted in two different threads??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Have you never heard of 'soft' and 'hard' computers? One is connected to the net, the other isn't. Just guess where any listing of ANY country's agents would be kept!
Last edited by GBLW on Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
K Pelle aka GBLW
My recent stories are available at: http://www.grynenbayritpublications.com/
Fel
Weavespinner

Post by Fel »

It's all part of SYED's nefarious plane to drive you insane.

Slowly...inexorably...HE MUST BREAK YOU.

Uh oh, I feel a case of the sillies coming on....
Just another guy from the shallow end of the gene pool.
GBLW
Mi'Shara

Post by GBLW »

Fel wrote:It's all part of SYED's nefarious plane to drive you insane.

Slowly...inexorably...HE MUST BREAK YOU.

Uh oh, I feel a case of the sillies coming on....

Hey, driving me insane appears to be my son's chosen task in life -- and my grandson is waiting in the wings. :lol:
K Pelle aka GBLW
My recent stories are available at: http://www.grynenbayritpublications.com/
SYED
Child of Niami

Post by SYED »

SO if the island is reasonably safe, could they instead help america capture their spy, or use them to locate what ever library of books the chinese have acquired?

The thing is they are sure to have scanned the contents, so even if they destroy or remove the books, they may be able to preserve a copy of their contents. So may take years to eventually remove all copies, and years more to be sure that each copy was dealt with.

also, they will start to produce cheap magical goods, to start the acceptance of magic by making it commercial. to balance the fact america is getting magicians, offer to train others to use magic or potential allies like the European nations. in particular, get the un security council members states on your side.
.S.A.M.K.M
Banner
Initiate

Post by Banner »

SYED wrote:.
The thing is they are sure to have scanned the contents, so even if they destroy or remove the books, they may be able to preserve a copy of their contents. So may take years to eventually remove all copies, and years more to be sure that each copy was dealt with.
Who knows if the books even can be scanned? Magical texts may not be scan-able.
Also there is a lot of corruption in China, the people who have the books, may be keeping them secret and using them to further their own goals (political or otherwise).
arargh
Katzh-dashi

Post by arargh »

Banner wrote:
SYED wrote:.
Who knows if the books even can be scanned? Magical texts may not be scan-able.
Also there is a lot of corruption in China, the people who have the books, may be keeping them secret and using them to further their own goals (political or otherwise).
See Chapter 8 for the answer about scanning.