Earth Bond Chapter 18 Discussion (spoilers!)

Discussions all around the Earth Bond/Kell the dragon story.

Moderator: Sennadar Moderators

Weresmilodon
Fel is my Dark Lord ;)

Re: Earth Bond Chapter 18 Discussion (spoilers!)

Post by Weresmilodon »

Fixed for you.
"I'm a male. Males are supposed to act tough."
Tarrin, Chapter 29, The Questing Game.
dellstart
Child of Niami

Post by dellstart »

wow, this Gerald Bull , was on a lot of peoples shit list.If the Mossad didn't do it , there were plenty in line waiting for the chance to have a crack.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gerald_Bull
point taken though.
GBLW
Mi'Shara

Post by GBLW »

dellstart wrote:wow, this Gerald Bull , was on a lot of peoples shit list.If the Mossad didn't do it , there were plenty in line waiting for the chance to have a crack.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gerald_Bull
point taken though.
From what I've heard Gerald Bull was an irritating, opinionated and angry man whose only real delight in life was working on projects that he chose. He didn't seem to be able to control either his temper and his tongue, so he often lost jobs due to statements he made about differences of opinion with those who had hired him. He had absolutely no political discrimination - in other words he would work for anyone as long as he was able to work on projects that interested him, which resulted in him being called a turncoat by multitudes. There were probably a thousand or more very prominent people who wanted him stopped from carrying on his research into long range ballistic weaponry, so the fact that he was assassinated was no real surprise. The Mossad was blamed for his death, but it could have been a dozen different groups from as many different countries. (My guess is that since the 'supergun' parts were being shipped from Great Britain, it was actually MI6)
K Pelle aka GBLW
My recent stories are available at: http://www.grynenbayritpublications.com/
Kendog
Novice

Post by Kendog »

GBLW wrote: (My guess is that since the 'supergun' parts were being shipped from Great Britain, it was actually MI6)

Hey, maybe it was a 00, or even 007 himself. :wink:
tereszcz
Initiate

Post by tereszcz »

GBLW wrote:
dellstart wrote:wow, this Gerald Bull , was on a lot of peoples shit list.If the Mossad didn't do it , there were plenty in line waiting for the chance to have a crack.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gerald_Bull
point taken though.
From what I've heard Gerald Bull was an irritating, opinionated and angry man whose only real delight in life was working on projects that he chose. He didn't seem to be able to control either his temper and his tongue, so he often lost jobs due to statements he made about differences of opinion with those who had hired him. He had absolutely no political discrimination - in other words he would work for anyone as long as he was able to work on projects that interested him, which resulted in him being called a turncoat by multitudes. There were probably a thousand or more very prominent people who wanted him stopped from carrying on his research into long range ballistic weaponry, so the fact that he was assassinated was no real surprise. The Mossad was blamed for his death, but it could have been a dozen different groups from as many different countries. (My guess is that since the 'supergun' parts were being shipped from Great Britain, it was actually MI6)
He probably was no angle, yet if he succeeded in getting large amount of materials into space cheaply, he would probably push forward our technology by several decades. The impact on the rest of the humanity would be enormous. Who are we to judge, who lives or dies? Thou shalt not kill. That is a commandment not a suggestion.
hoppy
Sorcerer

Post by hoppy »

GBLW wrote:
point taken though.
Let us remember, that he was politically put out of favor by his involvement with South Africa which it's self was in favor at the time he got involved. He May have been blacklisted after that.