Earth Bond Chapter 15 Discussion (spoilers!)

Discussions all around the Earth Bond/Kell the dragon story.

Moderator: Sennadar Moderators

Belgarion213
Da'Shar

Earth Bond Chapter 15 Discussion (spoilers!)

Post by Belgarion213 »

Since nobody else is making a topic...

Niec to see the meeting and such but I'm going to be honest that while I was looking forward to this chapter immensely, or some of the events within it, it just seemed to fast for me. Once they learned about the magic etc it seemed that a lot of the Earth Dragon's issues were 'well that's done...'

That said, lots of awesomeness here. Really liked the frustration and how biggoted the councilor Chromatic is acting. That's going to be interesting, though not sure if a humiliation conga is really what we are going to get.
Weresmilodon
Fel is my Dark Lord ;)

Re: Earth Bond Chapter 15 Discussion (spoilers!)

Post by Weresmilodon »

Mm. Another thing that looks to have been skipped was the alterations to the Earth Dragons. No mention was made about the spikes or horns by the other dragons, who had no idea, and no time to prepare.

I guess it could have been dark enough that they did not see them, but i doubt it, if the chromatic had enough light to study the passageway.

But yes, i don't know if the story is starting to slow down, or speed up, now that the Earth Dragons are about to return to the surface. Certainly, there is a lot left to cover, if that is the plan.
"I'm a male. Males are supposed to act tough."
Tarrin, Chapter 29, The Questing Game.
arargh
Katzh-dashi

Post by arargh »

I noticed that no mention was make to the other dragons about the breath weapons.

I wonder if Kell will wind up roasting the council CD. :)
schunn99
Initiate

Post by schunn99 »

I can see it now, kell is called before the reformed council, and the council cd says something stupid and the next thing the other dragons see is ton of lava come out of Kell's mouth and roasts the council cd alive. Umm roast fluffy, it's claw licking good.
kabalman2000
Sorcerer

Post by kabalman2000 »

I can see it too, and I'm so sure I'll tag it spoiler even though I'm not sure-sure it's going to go like this:
Spoiler
Show
Not knowing of the re-discovery of ED breath weapons, the council chromatic tricks Kel into using all fifteen spikes and then tries to use his breath weapon on Kel. Toasty council chromatic results.
Yeah, I do like to set myself up to be shown wrong. Why do you ask?
afrigeek
Da'Shar

Post by afrigeek »

What I find interesting is the fact that they still haven't told the earth dragons how valuable their spikes are especially the transparent ones. Neither have they really told them about all the other things we know like how bathing in earth dragon blood makes someone nigh invulnerable or about objects made by earth dragons. It seems to me that there is still much to be discovered.

Also the plot concerning the council chromatic and what he gets up to should prove rather interesting that is if they don't just end up throwing him off the council.
"Bachelors should be heavily taxed. It is not fair that some men should be happier than others." - Oscar Wilde

What actually happened was that George Dubya Bush saw an Iraqi maths teacher carrying a geometry set, accused him of being a member of the notorious Al-gebra movement, and charged him with possessing weapons of maths instruction.
GBLW
Mi'Shara

Post by GBLW »

Well, for those of you who seem to think the story is almost done, I have to say I doubt it. I have reasons for that, no, make that guesses or even hopes, I suppose.

First; there are too many elements in the plot that have been forecast (teasingly), but not fulfilled.

Second; just from how quickly this rolled off Fel's pen, he has thought about the tale for a long time. There has been far too much skull-sweat expended on the plot and characters for him to simply finish this story in a rush, then set it aside forever, so the tale may either be longer than expected or else it is the forerunner for a sequel of some sort. (I hope!)

Third; We're talking about Fel here, the master of twists, turns and surprise plot twists.

(Actually, referring to #2, I'd love to read a prequel to this story, set about 1000 years ago! Camelot, King Arthur, and dragons - written by Fel - what more could you ask for? )

kp
K Pelle aka GBLW
My recent stories are available at: http://www.grynenbayritpublications.com/
afrigeek
Da'Shar

Post by afrigeek »

GBLW wrote: (Actually, referring to #2, I'd love to read a prequel to this story, set about 1000 years ago! Camelot, King Arthur, and dragons - written by Fel - what more could you ask for? )

kp
You make me wish there was a "like" or "+1" button on phpBB...I totally agree with your sentiments above.
"Bachelors should be heavily taxed. It is not fair that some men should be happier than others." - Oscar Wilde

What actually happened was that George Dubya Bush saw an Iraqi maths teacher carrying a geometry set, accused him of being a member of the notorious Al-gebra movement, and charged him with possessing weapons of maths instruction.
crxbnt
Da'Shar

Post by crxbnt »

Well that certainly disatracted me from my work this morning!

That ties a lot of things together most effectively, and certainly is bringing the pot to a boil. The chromatics appear to be coming to a fracture point. It seems as though some of what the chromatic sages raised many chapters ago will be coming up to bite a certain Council of Seven. And that could cause a lot more fracturing.

I will definitely be pondering the impacts for some time (while I should be working!).

Thanks Fel for a superlative chapter.

Crxbnt
heustess
Katzh-dashi

Post by heustess »

Odd, there has been nothing about China's insistence to see the dragons since Chapter 10. Chapter 11 had the press conference, but no mention of Chinese reporters. I wonder if the Chinese will respond to the US President's visit to the Fire Dragons.

I wonder if the Vatican still wants to destroy all the dragons (and possibly all magic). If the Earth Dragons were aware of the hatred of dragons by The Church, I would have them at the top of my list of groups to watch. Is the dragon island about to be invaded by Vatican commandoes armed with meteoric iron bullets in their rifles?

So, we should have a poll about how we want the Council Chromatic to die. Will it be by an Earth Dragon and if so, will it be Kell? if it is by an Earth Dragon, will it be by tail spike, lava breath, or sandblast breath. Will he try to invade Sanctuary City and get gunned down by the 20 millimeter cannons? Will it be by other dragons or even a Murder on the Orient Express style killed by everyone sort of death. There is even the possibility of death by some human. The CC could get peeved at the negotiations on Hawaii and fly there to kill the President and get taken down by the Secret Service or by Jenny if the SS is off visiting local prostitutes. My vote is for Kell to breathe lava on him while Kammi sandblasts him. And then Prisma is made new Council Chromatic.
afrigeek
Da'Shar

Post by afrigeek »

Makes you wonder though... if an earth dragon's tail spike is such a powerful magical focus, potentially how much more powerful would a magical object be that was made of one of those new crystalline horns?

Lochar
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Lochar »

I think the phrase would be 'over their dead body'
Ignorance is bliss, knowledge is power. Are the powerful very unhappy?

Support my brother.
http://www.justiceformichael.com
SYED
Child of Niami

Post by SYED »

Does any think it is strange that the Council CD never checked that book? If CD are all super aware of their spaces, why did he never check out every book in his library at least once?
Dragons can be harmed by anything of the earth, so I wonder if that extends to all toxic and radioactive materials and waste? Say they consume it, all non organic material would be converted as breath weapon supplies. THe physical material would be made into lava, while any gas would be placed in the sand blast. They could make a fortune in helping clean the enviroment. I wonder if the BW would work underwater?

What would the result of so many ultimate foci being produced? Potential scion commercial travel. Either linking the different locations, or making a central hub for them to work from. Not on the island, but one of those local empty ones. Say there are 2000 ED, they give 5 spikes each, thats 10,000 permanent spell anchors. If they created a system that linked the top 50 airports in the world, they could cripple most public airlines.

Now that they know that ED are known well springs of magical energy, how will that effect magical casting? WOuld they experiment with the use of ED as sentient familiars.

I hope part of the negotiations include access for all dragons to all public libraries.
.S.A.M.K.M
Lochar
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Lochar »

As Fel said, the book had a spell on it of non-finding. It failed along with the rest of magic, and certain people remembered it existed.

The council chromatic likely never knew about it, and when Prisma (thank god we've finally got a name) stole the book, she left the binding in it's place.
Ignorance is bliss, knowledge is power. Are the powerful very unhappy?

Support my brother.
http://www.justiceformichael.com
Javna
Katzh-dashi

Post by Javna »

SYED wrote: What would the result of so many ultimate foci being produced? Potential scion commercial travel. Either linking the different locations, or making a central hub for them to work from. Not on the island, but one of those local empty ones. Say there are 2000 ED, they give 5 spikes each, thats 10,000 permanent spell anchors. If they created a system that linked the top 50 airports in the world, they could cripple most public airlines.
Sure it would make things easier but to give away that kind of tech (magic) wouldn't be good the way the world is today. The chance of abuse will be to great.
When the rest of the world finds out the Dragons have this ability i bet everyone will the demand that they get access to that spell. They will scream bloody murder.

And on a different note i cant wait till the other dragons get the short end of the stick,when ED use there breath weapon for the first time be it version 1 (lava) or 2 (sand blast)
There's a fine line between genius and madness.
Me I crossed the line long ago