Thor's Child & Detour to Otherwhen

Moderator: Sennadar Moderators

gnume
Sui'Kun

Re: Thor's Child & Detour to Otherwhen

Post by gnume »

ah. nice. are you going do miniature prototype your self or let the client do it ?
Dreamer
Initiate

Post by Dreamer »

Hey, GBLW, I'm not sure which I want more: an update on Thor's Child, or an update on the prototype steam engine. Any successes with the designs yet (don't need details if you can't or don't want to give them out)? I assume that you are about done with the computer modeling at this point.
GBLW
Mi'Shara

Post by GBLW »

Dreamer wrote:Hey, GBLW, I'm not sure which I want more: an update on Thor's Child, or an update on the prototype steam engine. Any successes with the designs yet (don't need details if you can't or don't want to give them out)? I assume that you are about done with the computer modeling at this point.
The drawings for the engine are done, but because of the contract I signed when I started the job I can't publish them for now. I'm still working on the boiler drawings and I need more data on the boat before I can design the keel cooler and vacuum pump system. In the meantime I've found a pattern maker and have run down a shop that is willing to do the castings,, but those are really something the builder will have to okay. My design work is about 2/3rds done, so I'm well on the way toward my end of the project. Once I'm done with that it''s up to the gent who is paying me to take the whole enterprise any further. After he gets the engine and boiler built, then has installed them in the boat we can work out the controls, but I expect that will be a few years down the road.

And I've even had time to write about 14K words on the next chapter of "Thor's Child." I'm not done with it yet and it will need editing, but the posting of next chapter won't be all that far away - maybe later this week.
KP
K Pelle aka GBLW
My recent stories are available at: http://www.grynenbayritpublications.com/
GBLW
Mi'Shara

Post by GBLW »

The steam engine and boiler are designed, the drawings are done and the customer is ecstatic, so that's off my plate for now - and that's the good news. The bad news is that while I was repairing the plotter the other day I 'tweaked' my back a bit, so writing is a touch slower than I would have liked.
Hopefully I'll have a chapter of 'Blame Charlie' done and posted this weekend sometime - early next week for sure. Then next in line will be 'Detour to Otherwhen' probably sometime the following week and finally 'Thor's Child' the week after that - of course those are just plans, so you might want to keep your fingers crossed that life doesn't throw me another curve ball for a while.

kp

Sorry about the delay in postings, it turns out the 'tweak' in my back is a little more serious than I thought. I've been laid up for more than a week, but things are slowly improving.
K Pelle aka GBLW
stretch
Novice

Post by stretch »

I am now up to date reading Thor's Child - I guess that means time to read Detour now - lol. I enjoyed reading and thought it was well written.
GBLW
Mi'Shara

Post by GBLW »

For the last few weeks I've been battling a stiff cold that has verged on bronchitis at times (may have done more than verge for a week or so) and on top of that I've had an arthritis attack, so writing has been on hold for a while. No promises on when I can resume pounding the keys well enough to write much -- typing one handed sucks, but my left hand is a claw again, so that's all I can do for now.

KP
K Pelle aka GBLW