Goldie (Edited)

Stories written by people other than Fel, set in Fel's universes.

Moderator: Contributing Authors

SoronelHaetir
Katzh-dashi

Goldie (Edited)

Post by SoronelHaetir »

FEL Fans,

I know I said it would only be a couple days but real life intruded (doesn't it always) so it's taken me some time to get this ready. As promised here is a cleaned up version of Goldie, thanks go to FEL for allowing me to post this and to John Whittaker
for giving me the kick in the ass required to put this edited copy together.
Attachments
Goldie.txt
(70.46 KiB) Downloaded 1041 times
Last edited by SoronelHaetir on Thu Dec 26, 2013 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed typo
RobJ
Katzh-dashi

Re: Goldie (Edited)

Post by RobJ »

Thank you
Gaisa
Novice

Post by Gaisa »

Not a bad story but there is one thing you should remember about arcans, and thats how, when a male and female "join", THAT is when the female ovulates, they don't have seasons like typical animals, something I believe was engineered when the originals were created, because females in heat would be a distraction during a combat situation (mainly due to their being more interested in going after any male available, rather than focusing on the job, and the males fighting over, or all but lining up to give her their seed thanks to the females scent knocking their need to mate and protect their female into overdrive), so is this a tweak or side effect of their being sable-wulf arcans, created by their father?

personally, if they are out to hunt and kill, I reckon they would prefer the typical arcan style, cuz going into heat would be a MAJOR distraction when they don't need it
Last edited by Gaisa on Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
SoronelHaetir
Katzh-dashi

Post by SoronelHaetir »

I see it resulting from the fact that the sable-wulf females are closer to the source of the transformation than are other living arcans. In Nightstriker's case in particular she was about to go into heat as a natural sable-wulf and that did not change simply because she became an arcan.

And while I of course won't speak for FEL I will point out that it also took Umbra and Nightfall quite a long while to become pregnant.
Gaisa
Novice

Post by Gaisa »

I recall, was just making the observation most who had read the shadow walker stories would spot. You've made a fair point and I also recalled how your sables are only one THIRD human, rather than half, which could potentially change things a little.
Also, just because Umbra and Nightfall took a while to fall pregnant, they aren't the rule.
I think it was Lightpaw who was a first joining child :)
Not that it matters here, fascinating story :D
SoronelHaetir
Katzh-dashi

Post by SoronelHaetir »

Lightfoot was the one who was reluctant because both she and her mother were first joining babies. I don't recall Nightfall saying anything on the subject.
AgCOtter
Katzh-dashi

Post by AgCOtter »

Real life is something we all have to pay attention to. Real life gets in the way of what we would rather be doing. It is intrusive, insensitive, and irritating. But as we all know "Life is not fair!" I am appreciative of those who are given the talent of telling a story. Thank you for your time and effort. Please don't stop. I get to live vicariously in other places through your words. When you have a story to tell, we will be waiting to hear it. Hopeful you will write many more stories before any of us pass on to whatever is next. Good job sir! Illegitimi non carborundum
"Let's be Very Careful out there people!"
trodrian
Sorcerer

Post by trodrian »

Thanks for Goldie. I hope to see another chapter soon.