Thor's Child - complete to Chapter 23

Stories written by people other than Fel, set in Fel's universes.

Moderator: Contributing Authors

mephistra
Novice

Re: Thor's Child - complete to Chapter 23

Post by mephistra »

Thanks for the chapter and the update to your situation.
Always remember that u have the support of your fans! :)
GBLW
Mi'Shara

Post by GBLW »

ramouton wrote:Well if a computer can't handle the transcription, a human may be able to as long as the volume of the recording is sufficient, then all you would have to do then is edit then approve the transcription. Given the quality of the story thus far, I am certain that there are enough die hard fans out there that would be willing to assist you with transcription on a chapter by chapter basis especially if they got an early peak out of it, and were able to do the bulk of the work on weekends. ( I myself would be willing to consider doing this, just as long as I didn't have to return more than a chapter or two a weekend ). Just a thought, Good luck with the docs, your fans are rooting for you.
Unfortunately, like many others who write, chapters do not pop out of my head fully composed. I write, I change, I rewrite, I edit, I rewrite, I modify, I moodify(SIC), I rewrite, etc.
K Pelle aka GBLW
My recent stories are available at: http://www.grynenbayritpublications.com/
ramouton
Sorcerer

Post by ramouton »

Just a thought. You could do your edits via modifying an audio recording prior to sending it in for transcription. Again. Good luck with the Docs.
AgCOtter
Katzh-dashi

Post by AgCOtter »

As had been said we appreciate your work and the update. Wishing that your physical condition will improve following your doctors appointment. All the best.
"Let's be Very Careful out there people!"
Terry
Novice

Post by Terry »

Thanks for sharing this with us, really enjoying it. :D :D :D
Vash360
Novice

Post by Vash360 »

I too really enjoyed this story. Thank you for writing it
ChrisW96003
Talent

Post by ChrisW96003 »

Thor's Child - complete to Chapter 23
Postby GBLW » Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:57 pm

That was 2 years ago :cry:
Anything NEW? :?:
GBLW
Mi'Shara

Post by GBLW »

ChrisW96003 wrote:Thor's Child - complete to Chapter 23
Postby GBLW » Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:57 pm

That was 2 years ago :cry:
Anything NEW? :?:
The answer has to be both yes and no - that story and the two others posted on this forum all have chapters partly written - I know where I have to take them to follow my plot line - but my characters want them to go somewhere else. As a result I took a sidestep and have almost finished writing a whole book, which unfortunately is NOT science fiction and I'd feel uncomfortable posting it here. Then this last year I've been fighting arthritis and I'm relearning how to use a keyboard with less fingers - when I feel well enough to write - just typing this has taken several minutes. Some days it just seems to be more trouble than it's worth to even sit down at my desk since the arthritis makes my back ache if i sit for more than a few minutes.

I have hopes to do better, but I'm afraid that's dependent on my health, so ?????

kp
K Pelle aka GBLW
AgCOtter
Katzh-dashi

Post by AgCOtter »

We appreciate your stories, and hopefully you will be able to feel up to continuing on with your work. I think I speak for everyone who has read your works. I wish that there was something I could do, or say, to help make thing better, or to help you; but unfortunately there is not much I can do. Maybe I could bug you about taking your medication just like I do with my wife. I've gotten good at that. And I could cook you a good meal, but again, I suspect that Orlando is quite a way from you. So, I wish you the best that you can have, and I hope you will be feeling better in the future.

jnw
"Let's be Very Careful out there people!"
wetnomad
Katzh-dashi

Post by wetnomad »

Hi GBLW. Referencing part of your previous comment,
which unfortunately is NOT science fiction and I'd feel uncomfortable posting it here.
if you do decide to post this story elsewhere, might you give those of us who enjoy your work a link? I'm aware of some of your previous work, certainly the dotB stuff and possibly (unknowingly) other stories under other pseudonyms. To me, good writing is good writing, and if an author can write well in one genre then they're more than likely to be good in others, although that's not an absolute of course. So, if you do decide to post another, different sort of work, then maybe we could get a link or pointer to it. If it's more adult oriented then a warning could be given.
GBLW
Mi'Shara

Post by GBLW »

wetnomad wrote:Hi GBLW. Referencing part of your previous comment, if you do decide to post this story elsewhere, might you give those of us who enjoy your work a link? I'm aware of some of your previous work, certainly the dotB stuff and possibly (unknowingly) other stories under other pseudonyms. To me, good writing is good writing, and if an author can write well in one genre then they're more than likely to be good in others, although that's not an absolute of course. So, if you do decide to post another, different sort of work, then maybe we could get a link or pointer to it. If it's more adult oriented then a warning could be given.
Most of my writing has been on sites that either no longer exist or else the stories were deleted for one reason or another. However, over the years I've written under many different pseudonyms so there could be stuff out there I don't even recall posting - at my age my memory is no longer perfect, but there are still three places where you can find some of my stories.

First off you'll find some stuff on ASSTR, at http://www.asstr.org/~dotB_StoryTyme/storyindex.html you will find some of my stories, but it includes erotica, so it's meant for adult audiences. That site hasn't been updated since 2007, when my arthritis and other health problems first got bad.
The second site is SOL at http://storiesonline.net/a/dotB -mostly the same stories as ASSTR, just a different format. Again, contains erotica and probably not safe to read at work.
Third you'll find my later stories on my Yahoo group at https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/dot ... 26Stories/ This is the one which is up to date and contains newer tales and rewrites of a couple of my older tales - 'Aftershock' & 'Car 54.' The latest story which is nearing completion is 'Beyond the Mirror' - last posting Feb 6th of this year.

kp
K Pelle aka GBLW
wetnomad
Katzh-dashi

Post by wetnomad »

Thanks for the info GBLW. I have membership at SOL and visit ASSTR occasionally, so I was aware of those. The Yahoo Groups I didn't know about, so I'll have to get registered with them to access that one. Thanks again. :)
dragonman
Novice

Post by dragonman »

FWIW, dotb has indicated he'll be closing his Yahoo group very shortly (like June 15) and has threatened to pull all of his stories from everywhere. So, if you particularly like Thor's Child or any of his works, this might be a good time to download them in the event he really does pull the pin this time.
ChrisW96003
Talent

Post by ChrisW96003 »

wetnomad wrote:Thanks for the info GBLW. I have membership at SOL and visit ASSTR occasionally, so I was aware of those. The Yahoo Groups I didn't know about, so I'll have to get registered with them to access that one. Thanks again. :)
Oh yeah! "Beyond the Mirror" posted over at yahoo groups is an awesome story!
GBLW
Mi'Shara

Post by GBLW »

ChrisW96003 wrote:Oh yeah! "Beyond the Mirror" posted over at yahoo groups is an awesome story!
Well, thank you, and the only reason I didn't post it here is because it isn't really Science Fiction - not yet. :wink:

kp
K Pelle aka GBLW