Thor's Child - complete to Chapter 23

Stories written by people other than Fel, set in Fel's universes.

Moderator: Contributing Authors

GBLW
Mi'Shara

Re: Thor's Child - complete to Chapter 23

Post by GBLW »

Thank you for reading my efforts and I'm glad you're enjoying them.

Actually the new website is going to be an adult site, but . . . well, you'll see.

K Pelle
K Pelle aka GBLW
My recent stories are available at: http://www.grynenbayritpublications.com/
cbate
Novice

Post by cbate »

Looking forward to reading your stories again soon. Please let us know how to access you new site.
GBLW
Mi'Shara

Post by GBLW »

I haven't quite got the new website ready yet - my editor and I have been going over all the stories that I'll be posting there, making small changes and improvements as well as eliminating a few screw ups. Please have patience with us, there are a fair number of details to check and change as well. (One of the completed tales is about 1.1mb as a zip file.)

kp
K Pelle aka GBLW
ThisAndThat1
Sorcerer

Post by ThisAndThat1 »

Another fun chapter to read.
"Molon labe!" (Come and get them!) King Leonidas of Sparta, when asked to lay down his force's arms.

"Those who hammer their guns into plowshares will plow for those who do not." Thomas Jefferson

If tyranny & oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy. James Madison

I tell ye true, liberty is the best of all things; never live beneath the noose of a servile halter. William Wallace, Address to the Scots, circa 1300

“The great object is, that every man be armed. [...] Every one who is able may have a gun.” Patrick Henry
zjoske
Initiate

Post by zjoske »

Great story, I hope there are new chapters coming very soon!
GBLW
Mi'Shara

Post by GBLW »

zjoske wrote:Great story, I hope there are new chapters coming very soon!
Yeah, I hope so too, but right now I'm taking time to see a few doctors and such - they've done several blood tests and what not, but haven't found out why I'm feeling so poorly. I know part of it is arthritis etc., but that doesn't explain the nearly constant lethargy.

They know I have an infection of some sort, because my white blood cell count is a little higher than normal, but they assure me it's more than likely a virus of some sort. The thing is it's been hanging on for months and I want to get back to normal so I can get back to writing!!!!

kp
K Pelle aka GBLW
zjoske
Initiate

Post by zjoske »

np, I can understand that you don't feel like writing when you're not feeling well.
Your health is more important than anything else, so just concentrate on that first.
chipum2
Novice

Post by chipum2 »

Really enjoyed this story so far hoping to catch next installment, am wondering if you post that you have put up next chapter in some easily to join place LOL
Hawkeye
Initiate

Post by Hawkeye »

Thank you for a very entertaining story!

Hawkeye
GBLW
Mi'Shara

Post by GBLW »

Sorry I haven't been on here much lately. It's been a rough spring and I haven't been able to do much writing. Hopefully now that warmer weather has finally arrived I'll get some more time on the keyboard.

kp
K Pelle aka GBLW
qcboss
Initiate

Post by qcboss »

Just like with Fel, whenever you can get them to us it is appreciated
ramouton
Sorcerer

Post by ramouton »

Agreed whenever you can get out the next installment is great. The story thus far has been great, and seems to be getting even better as the chapters go on, thus I and your other readers are anxiously awaiting your next chapter.
hikuk
Initiate

Post by hikuk »

Thank you.
GBLW
Mi'Shara

Post by GBLW »

I suppose an update on my health is in order - my arthritis has gotten worse - I'm down to typing with 2 fingers on each hand and 1 thumb at the moment, so writing is very slow. On top of that sitting, or even remaining in one position for long, is almost impossible, I have to move around quite often or my back 'locks up' and I end up in major pain.
Just the joys of getting old and having all the various problems of an extremely active life catch up to me.
Oh, yeah - before someone mentions a 'voice to print' program, they don't work well for this kid. I have a quiet, but 'gravelly' voice and in combination with a drawl, my words just do not register well on those programs. (Oh and my editor tells me that I 'hum' old time rock songs as I write, so that makes it worse for programs like 'Dragon' or any other 'T2T' prog.)

I'm off to the docs on Wed. of next week, and hope he has some new meds for me that work better.

kp
K Pelle aka GBLW
ramouton
Sorcerer

Post by ramouton »

Well if a computer can't handle the transcription, a human may be able to as long as the volume of the recording is sufficient, then all you would have to do then is edit then approve the transcription. Given the quality of the story thus far, I am certain that there are enough die hard fans out there that would be willing to assist you with transcription on a chapter by chapter basis especially if they got an early peak out of it, and were able to do the bulk of the work on weekends. ( I myself would be willing to consider doing this, just as long as I didn't have to return more than a chapter or two a weekend ). Just a thought, Good luck with the docs, your fans are rooting for you.