Immunisation - Subjugation short story (Spoilers)

Stories written by people other than Fel, set in Fel's universes.

Moderator: Contributing Authors

ANTIcarrot
Sui'Kun

Immunisation - Subjugation short story (Spoilers)

Post by ANTIcarrot »

Now see Fel, this is what happens when you don't write fast enough, and your readership gets bored. They write bad fanfics. :twisted:

I've had a few ideas floating around for a series of Faey based fanfics since, well, before Fel stopped shamelessly procrastinating and actually finished the origonal Subjugation. In keeping with the theme, the prospective titles are:
*Determination
*Proliferation
*Restoration
*Retribution
*Clarrifacation
*Transformation
And of course:
*Fornication - and given the proclivities of the Faey, I'm genuinely surprised that Fel hasn't used this one yet.

This is the first one I've actually done anything with. Thus I present Immunisation - very much not by Mr Fel Esquire.
Last edited by ANTIcarrot on Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
I is an certified nut
TLGG
Katzh-dashi

Re: Immunisation - Subjugation short story (Spoilers)

Post by TLGG »

Wooooow. Oh what have you done. You've opened the door.

I can't think about this.

:!:

P.D.: I can't read it now, but I will, comments later!
DigitalMaestro
Sui'Kun

Post by DigitalMaestro »

ooOOoooo.... This is an interesting new development.... So long as the fanfic authors are decent, I could definitely see this turning into a beneficial trend....

I'll post a comment after I read it. Gotta go to work now...

-DigitalMaestro
dellstart
Child of Niami

Post by dellstart »

ANTIcarrot wrote:Now see Fel, this is what happens when you don't write fast enough, and your readership gets bored. They write bad fanfics. :twisted:

I've had a few ideas floating around for a series of Faey based fanfics since, well, before Fel stopped shamelessly procrastinating and actually finished the origonal Subjugation. In keeping with the theme, the prospective titles are:
*Determination
*Proliferation
*Restoration
*Retribution
*Clarrifacation
*Transformation
And of course:
*Fornication - and given the proclivities of the Faey, I'm genuinely surprised that Fel hasn't used this one yet.

This is the first one I've actually done anything with. Thus I presentImmunisation - very much not by Mr Fel Esquire.
insemination?? :wink:
J-Man5
Mi'Shara

Post by J-Man5 »

Jason Fox and the Marines who joined his house have already accomplished this.

J-Man5
DigitalMaestro
Sui'Kun

Post by DigitalMaestro »

Shows interesting potential...
ANTIcarrot
Sui'Kun

Post by ANTIcarrot »

dellstart wrote: insemination?? :wink:
Dagnamit! I knew I missed one!
I is an certified nut
Mad Monk
Sui'Kun

Post by Mad Monk »

You've missed out the one where Jason develops an automatic hair dresser and a manicurist.

"Beautification"
Rational people have supported the worst dictators of history - Hitler, Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot, etc.

I'm mad - at least I have an excuse for what I do.
Fel
Weavespinner

Post by Fel »

ANTIcarrot wrote:Now see Fel, this is what happens when you don't write fast enough, and your readership gets bored. They write bad fanfics. :twisted:

*Determination
*Proliferation
*Restoration
*Retribution
*Clarrifacation
*Transformation
And of course:

This is the first one I've actually done anything with. Thus I present Immunisation - very much not by Mr Fel Esquire.
Hey, I've been busy. ;P

You're also not the only short story writer out there. I've received 2 "just making sure" requests for permission to write in my book universes, which I naturally approved.

Those authors will be posting their work somewhere on these message boards when they're ready to do so.

Hmm. Think I'll ask Spec to create a new forum just for reader contributions, so we have a defined place to do this.
Just another guy from the shallow end of the gene pool.
dellstart
Child of Niami

Post by dellstart »

*Determination
*Proliferation
*Restoration
*Retribution
*Clarrifacation
*Transformation
And of course:

good stuff !! Liked it !!
ANTIcarrot
Sui'Kun

Post by ANTIcarrot »

DigitalMaestro wrote:Shows interesting potential...
dellstart wrote:good stuff !! Liked it !!
Thank yea both. 8)
I is an certified nut
Mad Monk
Sui'Kun

Post by Mad Monk »

Interesting concept.

Makes you wonder what the Faey reaction to things like senility are, or victims of vCJD.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Creutzfeldt–Jakob_disease

Of course there is a closely related disease, Kuru

http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/kuru/kuru.htm

hmmm. We could defeat the Faey by beating brains.... :mrgreen: :twisted: :mrgreen:

Did you think "Mad" monk was just a name?
Rational people have supported the worst dictators of history - Hitler, Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot, etc.

I'm mad - at least I have an excuse for what I do.
ANTIcarrot
Sui'Kun

Post by ANTIcarrot »

Mad Monk wrote:Interesting concept. Makes you wonder what the Faey reaction to things like senility are, or victims of vCJD.
I'm sure preventing such diseases wouldn't be a big issue. Though it does raise an issue of what exactly does kill old Faey? There's also the question of how many make it that far, and what percentage loose their lives due to accident, military misadventure, or being stabbed in the back by other Faey. It might be safe to assume that Faey probably can extend life extensively, but that such treatments might be very expensive, or there might be social prejudices against those who use them, and that beyond a certain point they just don't work. At which point euthanasia might be popular.
I is an certified nut