The Fox and the Hawk, chapter 1.

Fel
Weavespinner

The Fox and the Hawk, chapter 1.

Post by Fel »

Well, I managed to reconstitute some of the original chapter and put in the edits to make it viable with my new ideas for how I want the story to go.

About a quarter of this is the original writing, and the rest is my rework. But since it is rework, I was able to get it banged out rather quickly.

Now you get to meet Fox, Karra, Saja, and Aeyalla. I think you'll like them. ;)

But, to warn everyone now: from here out, it will all be original content, as I'd like to rewrite it now that I'm a better writer. I was a rank amateur when I wrote this the first time, and it...bad. And since I start school back on Monday and will be VERY busy, you might see a long drought before I release anything else, no matter what it is.

I know it's rather evil to have this out, and chapter 1 of Legacy out as well, and then claim I won't have time to do much work on them...but I must keep my evil in peak physical condition.

WARNING: I didn't spellcheck or proofread this in any way whatsoever. This is the raw writing, right off the farm, unpasteurized. So if you find any mistakes, just ignore them, I'll fix them later. ;)

Spoilers Discussion over in the Spoilers Thread, please.
Attachments
fox1.doc
(152 KiB) Downloaded 5609 times
Last edited by Spec8472 on Fri Jan 11, 2008 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added Spoilers Thread link.
Just another guy from the shallow end of the gene pool.
gesit
Sui'Kun

Re: The Fox and the Hawk, chapter 1.

Post by gesit »

you made my day m8
great, just great, and now i've to wait,,,
thanks anyhow

ham
Hearly
Speed Racer!

Post by Hearly »

whoot, thanks for all the good fiction for us to read fel.
zedd
Sui'Kun

Post by zedd »

I knew there was a reason (a very good reason) for me to come back to check the site 6 times in 4 hours. Thank you Fel.
Ledsmith
Sorcerer

Post by Ledsmith »

This is not evil, it is wonderful.
unless of course you end the first chapter with a group of red wizards teleporting to where Fox is and make us wait two months to tell us how he gets away.

I have not read it yet. If it really does end that way I will hunt Fel down and force the next chapter from his wonderfully brilliant mind.
michaelsuave
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by michaelsuave »

Fel wrote: I know it's rather evil to have this out, and chapter 1 of Legacy out as well, and then claim I won't have time to do much work on them...but I must keep my evil in peak physical condition.

Thanks for the read, but I see you've been hanging around Fiferguy too much... its starting to rub off on you fel! Come back to the light! Say no to the sith!
Tin Foil... Still putting down money that its the key for the defeat of the baddies...

Fel, Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Ahhh, its done... dang, now what am I going to read???
New books! Yay! let the nagging begin! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do!...

True, I really have nothing better to do in my free time, I mean, what could be better than reading Fel's stories or being messed with by Spec? Thanks for the fun spec!
lagomilo
Sorcerer

Post by lagomilo »

Good Grief, this is some of your early writing.. WOW. What a way to make me drool for more. Great start of a story Fel.

Thanks,

Lago
montie1123
Sorcerer

Post by montie1123 »

Ok that was GREAT, talk about a new story to look forward to reading. Please work on this when you have the time. It leaves open so many things to explore in a book or 6 and a few short storys that tell of his past adventurs.
Drivr
Novice

Post by Drivr »

WooHoo! so much for the rest of the day at work now.
Spec8472
Weavespinner

Post by Spec8472 »

Great way to start a Saturday morning, thanks Fel :)
Mysterious
Sorcerer

Post by Mysterious »

Fantastic!
You're not FAT... You're just horizontally gifted :)
Metatrone
Sui'Kun

Post by Metatrone »

Damn just had to release a new great story before you go away :D

P.S. Btw they say Rambo is tough...amateurs...:D
Mizriath
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Mizriath »

Thanks Fel..You always make my day. Even if I have to put up with your evilness.... as long as it is good evil... you know the kind that is better late than never.... and not the never kind and just disappear. :)
The sea flows as long as Earth exist, Love is alive as long as people exist. I will read Fel's stories as long as my heart still beats.
Fel
Weavespinner

Post by Fel »

Well, I'm glad everyone seems to like it, though I'm not sure how much of that is just fluff. ;)
Just another guy from the shallow end of the gene pool.
Belgarion213
Da'Shar

Post by Belgarion213 »

I have to admit as I loaded the file I felt a bit of trepidation. However that was blown away by the fact that it was your work Fel. The charecters each seemed to be their own people, I was intrigued by Fox's wandering past. The sheer intricicay that was displayed leads me to believe that there are many more people that he knows or knew. I found it interesting that Fox hated the Harpers. Does that include Elmister? Its an interesting ecision that I have never seen used before. I did like it that you had somebody of Fox's age have a variety of magical objects that built of each other. Fox must be a terror to fight. Super-humanly strong and fast. Immune to heat and cold, incredible regeneration, can see through any magical disguise or trap, can command the wind or become invisible. And lets not forget his quite strong Psiconic abilities...

Keep up the good work.