The Fox and the Hawk, chapter 1.

Fel
Weavespinner

Re: The Fox and the Hawk, chapter 1.

Post by Fel »

Fox's magic items are a function of his age and his experience. Since he IS such a strong fighter, he's collected items that force people to fight on his terms. That's two hundred years of experience at work. It's one way it shows. ;)

Yes, he knows many people, and many...creatures, many of which you'll meet as the story progresses. Some you'd consider to be good. Some, you'd consider to be evil. The interesting aspect of his personality is that he accepts people, and things, for who and what they are. He doesn't try to change people. He sees value in both the good and the bad, and he'll accept evil people as long as they're not evil to HIM.

That's why he hates the Harpers. They want to change things to create their "perfect world," not seeing the beauty of it the way it is now. But they don't see that by trying to stamp out evil, they're perpetrating the same evil they profess to hate.

At least that's his opinion. ;)

In AD&D terms, Fox is Neutral with Good tendencies. He doesn't hold much water to rules, follows his own whims and fancies, but he's also a kind person who'd give you the shirt off his back if you needed it. Where most people would try to kill an orc that wandered into their camp, Fox would invite him to sit down and share dinner and have a talk.
Just another guy from the shallow end of the gene pool.
bjeane
Initiate

Post by bjeane »

Hey Fel, any chance of an update????? :lol: . I was on yahoo and I found a link to a site called weavespinner.net that had almost all your stories posted and thought you should know.
wolfy
Initiate

Post by wolfy »

Very much enjoyed it! keep up great work Fel - but you have truely spoiled us by knocking out insurrection so fast. Not that we're complaining... but we going to be wishing you where taking a year off to write.
michaelsuave
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by michaelsuave »

Good read Fel, as usual. Looking forward to further chapters when you aren't busy with RL. :D
Tin Foil... Still putting down money that its the key for the defeat of the baddies...

Fel, Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Ahhh, its done... dang, now what am I going to read???
New books! Yay! let the nagging begin! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do!...

True, I really have nothing better to do in my free time, I mean, what could be better than reading Fel's stories or being messed with by Spec? Thanks for the fun spec!
Frankiek1
Novice

Post by Frankiek1 »

Fel any chance of this story being continued sometime soon?
Greymist
Weavespinner

Post by Greymist »

Nurrrg braaaains, zombie necrooo arrgghh.

See: http://forums.sennadar.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1693 where Fel says he may be working on other stories, but doesn't name The Fox and Hawk.
Fiferguy
Cloudy, 12C, to -2C o/n with a chance of scattered postings

Post by Fiferguy »

Greymist wrote:Nurrrg braaaains, zombie necrooo arrgghh.

See: http://forums.sennadar.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1693 where Fel says he may be working on other stories, but doesn't name The Fox and Hawk.
Ditto...
ThisAndThat1
Sorcerer

Post by ThisAndThat1 »

Just finished reading chapter one again.
It was as good as I remembered it.
Thanks.
"Molon labe!" (Come and get them!) King Leonidas of Sparta, when asked to lay down his force's arms.

"Those who hammer their guns into plowshares will plow for those who do not." Thomas Jefferson

If tyranny & oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy. James Madison

I tell ye true, liberty is the best of all things; never live beneath the noose of a servile halter. William Wallace, Address to the Scots, circa 1300

“The great object is, that every man be armed. [...] Every one who is able may have a gun.” Patrick Henry
Mark_Reed
Katzh-dashi

Post by Mark_Reed »

The Fox and the Hawk is probably the one story I'd pay to see written. It's pure awesomeness wrapped up in thousand word packages.
GBLW
Mi'Shara

Post by GBLW »

K Pelle aka GBLW
My recent stories are available at: http://www.grynenbayritpublications.com/
gnume
Sui'Kun

Post by gnume »

eh. its not completely dead. fal posted chapter 3 about a year ago