And now, introducing Legacy, chapter 1.

lagomilo
Sorcerer

Re: And now, introducing Legacy, chapter 1.

Post by lagomilo »

Blyker wrote:Anyone able to post a html version of this? Im posting and reading this from my hotel room in Knoxville (im touring the US atm) on my palm tx that cant read that .doc :(
Get Palmfiction. (http://sourceforge.net/projects/palmfiction ) It can read .doc and .rtf formats on the Palm TX. I use it all the time. Great piece of free software.

Lagomilo
Fel
Weavespinner

Post by Fel »

kanifeli wrote:One question before i download and start reading it. Are you planing on starting a new web page or section for it or is it going to be a forum download story?
For now, it's going to be forum only. Part and parcel of this one is that it'll be easy to make it "disappear" should I ever decide to pursue publishing. This won't appear on the sennadar.com website.

Why was it on google? Damn my editor, he must have leaked some of it.... ;)
Just another guy from the shallow end of the gene pool.
kanifeli
Novice

Post by kanifeli »

I'll have to check the forums dayly then. :mrgreen:
wildph
Katzh-dashi

Post by wildph »

Fel wrote:... it'll be easy to make it "disappear" should I ever decide to pursue publishing. This won't appear on the sennadar.com website....

I hate to say it, but I think it's a lost cause already.. googlebot is able to index and cache the sennadar forums :

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q= ... arch&meta=

XW
kanifeli
Novice

Post by kanifeli »

just make a robot.txt(i think that's what it's called) that says not to index the sennadar forum and it won't. how those are made i don't remember but it was not very complicated :)
Spec8472
Weavespinner

Post by Spec8472 »

Fel wrote:
kanifeli wrote:One question before i download and start reading it. Are you planing on starting a new web page or section for it or is it going to be a forum download story?
For now, it's going to be forum only. Part and parcel of this one is that it'll be easy to make it "disappear" should I ever decide to pursue publishing. This won't appear on the sennadar.com website.

"make it disappear" -- That ain't going to be happening any time soon :P

And, yes, Google Bot indexes these forums with amazing frequency. Something like every 5-10 minutes.
kanifeli
Novice

Post by kanifeli »

kanifeli wrote:just make a robot.txt(i think that's what it's called) that says not to index the sennadar forum and it won't. how those are made i don't remember but it was not very complicated :)

i quote myself because it seems it was not seen. if you don't want to be visited (on the forum part) create a robot.txt file with instructions for the googlebot, so that it does not index the forum. if you want it to do so then disregard this message. :mrgreen:
Wildcat
Katzh-dashi

Post by Wildcat »

Awesome chapter. It's so good to have a reason to stalk the boards again.

About the whole vanishing act... I've been reading up on some agent blogs, and a lot of them say "publishing" online does not count as publishing. It's stuff like Lulu, iUniverse, and all those other self-publishing places that will disqualify a novel in a publisher's eyes (unless you happen to have something like Eragon, with a really good marketing plan and a lot of books sold already). So it's really more of a question of keeping it out of those kinds of places, and you should be golden.

Of course, vanishing it from the forum while you're shopping it around probably won't hurt, but it may not be the dealbreaker some people think it is.
Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard, be evil.
Downdude
Katzh-dashi

Post by Downdude »

Blyker wrote:Anyone able to post a html version of this? Im posting and reading this from my hotel room in Knoxville (im touring the US atm) on my palm tx that cant read that .doc :(
Here's the html convert in case anyone still needs it.
Attachments
legacy1.html
(130.7 KiB) Downloaded 1111 times
Taltos
Sorcerer

Post by Taltos »

Mizriath wrote:... the first chapter setting the whole scene for the story, just a nice intro to pull at the heart.. well done.
and pull at the heart it does... :cry: a very good start! i already can't wait for the next chapter!
Spec8472
Weavespinner

Post by Spec8472 »

kanifeli wrote:i quote myself because it seems it was not seen. if you don't want to be visited (on the forum part) create a robot.txt file with instructions for the googlebot, so that it does not index the forum. if you want it to do so then disregard this message. :mrgreen:
It was seen - I know about robots.txt, and I don't have any intention of blocking the Googlebot (at present) - it's one of the main ways people find the books...
Downdude wrote:
Here's the html convert in case anyone still needs it.
Sorry, I should have posted - but I attached a HTML conversion to the first post.
dstar
Sorcerer

Post by dstar »

Wildcat wrote:Awesome chapter. It's so good to have a reason to stalk the boards again.

About the whole vanishing act... I've been reading up on some agent blogs, and a lot of them say "publishing" online does not count as publishing. It's stuff like Lulu, iUniverse, and all those other self-publishing places that will disqualify a novel in a publisher's eyes (unless you happen to have something like Eragon, with a really good marketing plan and a lot of books sold already). So it's really more of a question of keeping it out of those kinds of places, and you should be golden.

Of course, vanishing it from the forum while you're shopping it around probably won't hurt, but it may not be the dealbreaker some people think it is.
Unless something has _drastically_ changed in the last six months, that's simply not the case. On the other hand, it's also more than possible that things _have_ changed that much; I do expect to see that happen at some point in the moderately-near future.

Shalon Wood
Eurasier
Sorcerer

Post by Eurasier »

Yes Fel - Amara really is a promising new character :!:
Its wonderfull to discover that there actually is life beyond the ends of the Harry Potter saga and - not the least - the Pyrosian Chronicles :P
More power to the werewolves!
MISER
Katzh-dashi

Post by MISER »

Hi Fel, and all,

Thanks Bud,

I have been wondering what was comming and now I am happy agin. Although a bit in mourning over Miranda. Us old folks get that way...

John
Mizriath
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Mizriath »

MISER wrote:Hi Fel, and all,

Thanks Bud,

I have been wondering what was comming and now I am happy agin. Although a bit in mourning over Miranda. Us old folks get that way...

John
Hmm Miser, Happy to hear you happy. But you took a month to check that Fel has started a new story. I'll be pointing a pistol at my foot, no make it a gun, no make it an M16 if I take that long. :D . I am planning my next schedule to check on chapter 2.

I am using a laser pointer ... ... .... .... .....
The sea flows as long as Earth exist, Love is alive as long as people exist. I will read Fel's stories as long as my heart still beats.