Demon's Bane, chapter 14. *sniff*

Thermopyle
Novice

Re: Demon's Bane, chapter 14. *sniff*

Post by Thermopyle »

Heh...good stuff. I'm glad the story was able to finally come to a conclusion, and a good one at that. Well done. :)

I realize you're going to be working on a new story next...but is there any chance you'll ever get back to Alpha Project? That story really caught my interest.
Tuga555
Sorcerer

Post by Tuga555 »

Hi.
I'm more "lucky" tha everybody else, because i only "discovered" Fel recently. after Demon's Bane was fineshed. :lol: :D
Unfortunetly I'm a fast reader when I like something so I finished everything already. :( :(
One question
Why isn't fel on print? He is better than most that are on print.
Thanks
João
Portugal
bomberman00
Talent

Post by bomberman00 »

Waaaaaaaahhhh!!!!!!! :cry:
It's over..... One of the best series i've ever read (and i read alot of them either in stories on line, ewp, mcstories, greyarchives and lots more). It's sad that the book is at it's end. I love the character, the storyline and the universe.Great job and a good story. Will be waiting for new stories when they come...

bomberman00
afrigeek
Da'Shar

Post by afrigeek »

Fel wrote: While I'm editing, I'll also be doing the prep work for The Shattered Rainbow. I have maps to draw, bios to generate, plot outlines to prepare, and and so on. I just pray I can make Tanner Goldmane as much fun as Tarrin Kael was.

Which I'll be doing simultaneously with my Japanese summer coursework. I've put that off too long already to finish Demon's Bane, and I have a stack of work THIS HIGH to work through before the fall semester.

Once I finish that, I might toss out a little short story or two set in Subjugation or Sennadar, just something fun, and then I'll get to work on Rainbow.
Hmm, Now that we've read the short stories in the Subjugation and Sennadar universes, any progress on the Shattered Rainbow? I am really hankering for more Tarrin-like stories...
"Bachelors should be heavily taxed. It is not fair that some men should be happier than others." - Oscar Wilde

What actually happened was that George Dubya Bush saw an Iraqi maths teacher carrying a geometry set, accused him of being a member of the notorious Al-gebra movement, and charged him with possessing weapons of maths instruction.
Quinn31
Initiate

Post by Quinn31 »

does anyone have chapters 1-7 in doc. I can't seem to find those anywhere, and I'm almost done with the pyrosia books.
Greymist
Weavespinner

Post by Greymist »

Quinn31 wrote:does anyone have chapters 1-7 in doc. I can't seem to find those anywhere, and I'm almost done with the pyrosia books.
You can get the entire book here: http://sennadar.com/files/demon/demon.doc. I know there's no link to it on the front page, sorry I really need to sort that out =/
Gaisa
Novice

Post by Gaisa »

Greymist wrote:
Quinn31 wrote:does anyone have chapters 1-7 in doc. I can't seem to find those anywhere, and I'm almost done with the pyrosia books.
You can get the entire book here: http://sennadar.com/files/demon/demon.doc. I know there's no link to it on the front page, sorry I really need to sort that out =/
you can also go here: http://www.weavespinner.net/Worlds_of_Fel.htm for all the firestaff and pyrosian chronicles, along with a few more of Fel's stories.
Gaisa
Quinn31
Initiate

Post by Quinn31 »

thank you so much. Now I have more to read lol. fel's stories are just to good to not keep reading them lol.
goake
Novice

Post by goake »

Fuckig great series, You should make it epub and se if you can sell it on itunes or something. some of the best in this genre I have read, good work.
Gaisa
Novice

Post by Gaisa »

As good as that idea is, I believe there could be some copyright issues revolving around certain rpg creatures, like deva, Solar and a couple of others, for example.
The above examples are creatures from advanced dungeons and dragons and the company that created them are notorious for their heavy handedness when it comes to copyright infingement...
Meaning Fel would have to tweak them and other species to prevent a major, and VERY expensive backlash.
Gaisa
kd7mvs
Sui'Kun

Post by kd7mvs »

It's definitely an intellectual property problem, and TSR/Wizards of the Coast are stringent in protecting their IP; it is, after all, their major revenue source. So Fel would need to go through doing find/replace to file the serial numbers off, and change the descriptions enough to not be a clear infringement.
Gaisa
Novice

Post by Gaisa »

kd7mvs wrote:It's definitely an intellectual property problem, and TSR/Wizards of the Coast are stringent in protecting their IP; it is, after all, their major revenue source. So Fel would need to go through doing find/replace to file the serial numbers off, and change the descriptions enough to not be a clear infringement.
Exactly, and thanks for confirming the company name, I left it out cuz I couldn't remember if it was TSR and wizards, or not.
Its fine as long as its free, but it becomes a major problem as soon as it becomes a profitable venture... That's why the creatures in my personal projects are all products of my twisted imagination.
Gaisa
kal
Katzh-dashi

Post by kal »

could always publish it as a forgotten realms novel series, isn't that the whole idea of that world that there is a "multiverse" of sorts that is able to be traveled? just because tarrin and company never went to any realms connected to the existing worlds in the forgotten realms doesn't mean they don't exist in his multiverse.
Gaisa
Novice

Post by Gaisa »

kal wrote:could always publish it as a forgotten realms novel series, isn't that the whole idea of that world that there is a "multiverse" of sorts that is able to be traveled? just because tarrin and company never went to any realms connected to the existing worlds in the forgotten realms doesn't mean they don't exist in his multiverse.
Firstly, I have to ask, is that AD&D based? if so, he may need to pay a commission or seek written permission to do so.

If not, you still have the copyright infringement laws to attend, and believe me when I say you DON'T want to piss off TSR and Wizards of the Coast (WOTC for short).
For him to publish the stories commercially, any and all species which came from AD&D and other TSR/WOTC sources would have to be replaced to prevent serious legal and financial issues.
I've heard of several people who used such materials in the past, and ALL of them were forced to withdraw their product and either rewrite or abandon it completely...
or is that forgotten realms
Gaisa
kal
Katzh-dashi

Post by kal »

the forgotten realms is indeed an AD&D based series. it was one of TSR's expansion realms, i believe fel's story of fox the wanderer is based on a sword coast, which is one of the forgotten realms, character he had at one point. if i am remembering what i read on the original postings anyway. you would have to pay fees to WOTC im sure but publishing this story under that is still a plausible solution. if fel wanted to be published anyway lol!