Demon's Bane, chapter 10. Happy Mother's Day!

gesit
Sui'Kun

Re: Demon's Bane, chapter 10. Happy Mother's Day!

Post by gesit »

great present m8
my mom will be glad
thanks

ham
wildph
Katzh-dashi

Post by wildph »

Hey! , no spoilers in this thread.. naughty.. :x

Thanks Fel,
I've created my PDF copy and posted it for download from my public idisk.

Wildph's public iDisk

Cheers

XW
Mizriath
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Mizriath »

Fel, You have my most heartful sincere thanks.

I am glad the day starts, brightly.
The sea flows as long as Earth exist, Love is alive as long as people exist. I will read Fel's stories as long as my heart still beats.
Wingsolution
Katzh-dashi

Post by Wingsolution »

Just noticed due to spotty internet...
YAAAAY!!!!
bored and lazy... it's more fun to talk on gaia...
Spec8472
Weavespinner

Post by Spec8472 »

Wow, I'm slow off the mark - I blame work.

I'll have to read it this weekend... argh.
Fel
Weavespinner

Post by Fel »

np man, I was getting worried about you. I kept wondering "man, wtf is Spec. I hope he's ok and not fleeing the military after blowing up a major city."

I kept checking CNN.
Just another guy from the shallow end of the gene pool.
Mizriath
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Mizriath »

Did he act in Pilots have Gone Wild III? Specs have gone up in the world!!!
Fel wrote:np man, I was getting worried about you. I kept wondering "man, wtf is Spec. I hope he's ok and not fleeing the military after blowing up a major city."

I kept checking CNN.
The sea flows as long as Earth exist, Love is alive as long as people exist. I will read Fel's stories as long as my heart still beats.
Spec8472
Weavespinner

Post by Spec8472 »

Fel wrote:np man, I was getting worried about you. I kept wondering "man, wtf is Spec. I hope he's ok and not fleeing the military after blowing up a major city."
Great, now I'll be on a no-fly list -- and I need to fly down to Melbourne next month. :P

Been busy with work and stuff :)

/me goes back to cursing Oracle and its arcane rituals...

Why, oh why can't Oracle produce a decent Database Management Interface? All the third party ones suck to varying degrees. The ones that suck least, cost serious bucks.
afrigeek
Da'Shar

Post by afrigeek »

Spec8472 wrote: /me goes back to cursing Oracle and its arcane rituals...

Why, oh why can't Oracle produce a decent Database Management Interface? All the third party ones suck to varying degrees. The ones that suck least, cost serious bucks.
Welcome to my world. Sleepless nights fighting with crazy issues. I am just planning an upgrade to Oracle 10g RAC on a cluster of 3 SunFire E2900s. Is it any better as I am currently on 9i?
"Bachelors should be heavily taxed. It is not fair that some men should be happier than others." - Oscar Wilde

What actually happened was that George Dubya Bush saw an Iraqi maths teacher carrying a geometry set, accused him of being a member of the notorious Al-gebra movement, and charged him with possessing weapons of maths instruction.
Spec8472
Weavespinner

Post by Spec8472 »

afrigeek wrote:Welcome to my world. Sleepless nights fighting with crazy issues. I am just planning an upgrade to Oracle 10g RAC on a cluster of 3 SunFire E2900s. Is it any better as I am currently on 9i?
Oh, not sleepless nights for me :)

And I'm not in charge of the DB Servers - I'm just the (reluctant) DBA for the few apps I've inherited which came with Oracle DBs. They're all on 8i at the moment (Don't ask). We're upgrading/migrating one app to 10g, and afaik - all our Oracle DB Servers run on Solaris.

I wrote out what I have to do, but, well... it's... painful. And delivery dates are so tight, you could use 'em as violin strings. :)

The only good thing is it's not publicly visible, so if things go kaput, there's not going to be a news item :)

The bad thing is, it's a 'business important' (as opposed to business critical) application for several thousand staff. Which means if it goes kaput, all sorts of managers get rather... unhappy.