Demon's Bane, chapter 8.

Fel
Weavespinner

Demon's Bane, chapter 8.

Post by Fel »

Done...and it has the right chapter number in the header this time!

I R knowing my numbers!
Then did he raise on high the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch, saying, "Bless this, O Lord, that with it thou mayst blow thine enemies to tiny bits, in thy mercy."

And the people did rejoice and did feast upon the lambs and toads and tree-sloths and fruit-bats and orangutans and breakfast cereals.

Now did the Lord say, "First thou pullest the Holy Pin. Then thou must count to three. Three shall be the number of the counting and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither shalt thou count two, excepting that thou then proceedeth to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the number of the counting, be reached, then lobbest thou the Holy Hand Grenade in the direction of thine foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it."

-- Monty Python, "Monty Python and the Holy Grail"
Sorry, whenever someone talks about numbers, I just can't get that out of my head.

My thanks to http://www.clubi.ie/exalted/holyhand.htm for the quote.

Anyway, hope you enjoy it.
Attachments
demon8.doc
(183.5 KiB) Downloaded 1692 times
Just another guy from the shallow end of the gene pool.
Phantom
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Re: Demon's Bane, chapter 8.

Post by Phantom »

Cool the Halloween Edition

Phantom
And in the fury of this darkest hour
I will be your light
A lifetime for this destiny
For I am Winter born
And in this moment..I will not run
It is my place to stand
We few shall carry hope
Within our bloodied hands
(bloodied hands)
And in our Dying, we're more alive-than we have ever been
I've lived for these few seconds
For I am Winter born
The CruxShadows "Winterborn" (This Sacrifice)
Lochar
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Lochar »

Well, after two read throughs, my congratulations on another fine chapter.

Beyond pissing off the One, not too much action, but plenty of plans. And it's fun to see the mortal Tarrin's plans taking effect again.

:D

Thanks.
Ignorance is bliss, knowledge is power. Are the powerful very unhappy?

Support my brother.
http://www.justiceformichael.com
Sbudda
Initiate

Post by Sbudda »

Awesome! Now I have something to do tomorrow at work besides actually working.

I'd hate for them to pay me for any real reason.
Fel
Weavespinner

Post by Fel »

Lochar wrote:Well, after two read throughs, my congratulations on another fine chapter.

Beyond pissing off the One, not too much action, but plenty of plans. And it's fun to see the mortal Tarrin's plans taking effect again.

:D

Thanks.
Pft.

The action cometh. As is abundantly clear, there's going to be a little altercation over Zakkara way in the next chapter.

What, you want a 5 chapter long, blow by blow dissertation or something?

For me, battles take a LONG time to write. Now, I can give you that long, involved warfare, but then this would turn into a literary version of Naruto.

"I ball up my fist and hit you!"

<20 pages of random blathering and the exhaustive description of every mote of dust floating past the main character's eyes>

"I hit you again!"
Wildcat
Katzh-dashi

Post by Wildcat »

*dies laughing* Well said, Fel. And the planning chapters are fun because I can think of so many examples of things going away from the plans in earlier books.

Great chapter, even though it does feel more and more like the book is wrapping up. I will miss Tarrin's continuing adventures a lot.
Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard, be evil.
Fel
Weavespinner

Post by Fel »

The book IS wrapping up. I don't see more than 4 chapters of "content" followed by maybe 1 or 2 chapters of the general tying up of loose ends.

Of course, this could change, mainly because I DO write long battles, and there's more than one coming. If I get carried away in the Zakkara battle, I might end up hogging an entire chapter over what's basicly just a skirmish.

There might be some tertiary little fights here and there, but nothing on the scale of Zakkar.

There's one more battle coming. THE battle. The one that basicly the entire book has been working towards. This one will take me a VERY long time to write, because it's gonna be the last one. And just like Suld and Iron Mountain, it'll probably span more than one chapter, because a hell of a lot is going to happen during the course of it, even over the usual tactical warfare.

Actually, I'm rather worried about that one. I'm not sure I can do it justice. I worked too hard on all this just to have it flop right at the very end. ;)
Fiferguy
Cloudy, 12C, to -2C o/n with a chance of scattered postings

Post by Fiferguy »

Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!!

:twisted:
Metatrone
Sui'Kun

Post by Metatrone »

Fiferguy wrote:Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!!

:twisted:
Me Too!
Spoiler
Show
Me Too! Me Too! Me Too! Me Too! Me Too! Me Too! Me Too! Me Too! Me Too! Me Too! Me Too! Me Too! Me Too! Me Too! Me Too! Me Too! Me Too! Me Too! Me Too! Me Too! Me Too! Me Too! Me Too! Me Too! Me Too! Me Too! Me Too! Me Too! Me Too! Me Too! Me Too! Me Too! Me Too! Me Too!
Blacktiger
Da'Shar

Post by Blacktiger »

I, the supreme overlord of the backyard dub thee supreme overlord of the frontyard, and I hereby declare my neverending fealty to you, Lord Fel, for being one of the best writers this side of the caliban nebula.
( seriously Fel, you really have a gift which I could never hope to emulate, so know, dear Fel, that you have a friend for life in this lowly litttle black tiger :) )
fear1222
Sorcerer

Post by fear1222 »

Another GREAT chapter from our great FEL!!!

Man, how do you deal with all of this praise and adoration?

LOL! :D
michaelsuave
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by michaelsuave »

Great work fel, but then again, I expected nothing less. Thank you again for the wonderful work, it helped ease my sleep deprived mind and gave me a welcomed break from reality. Somebody earlier dubbed you the lord of the front yard. I say that we dub you the lord of the distraction from life. Any time that a single chapter can fully draw you in and let/make you forget the time and the world around you, you know that you have read some very good work. Thanks again and best wishes.
~Michael 8)
Tin Foil... Still putting down money that its the key for the defeat of the baddies...

Fel, Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Ahhh, its done... dang, now what am I going to read???
New books! Yay! let the nagging begin! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do!...

True, I really have nothing better to do in my free time, I mean, what could be better than reading Fel's stories or being messed with by Spec? Thanks for the fun spec!
Metatrone
Sui'Kun

Post by Metatrone »

26 pages and I still had to watch old Seinfeld episodes not to get depressed there wasn't more. :cry:
canisd
Weavespinner

Post by canisd »

Up on site

Edit : BTW Fel great last few chapters :)
Last edited by canisd on Wed Nov 01, 2006 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
D'ni botsahv prehniv

The ending has not yet been written
wildph
Katzh-dashi

Post by wildph »

Hi Everyone,

My PDF copy has been created. I don't have access to my iDisk right now, so it can be downloaded from the following location temporarily.

neraso.wildph.net

This file should also be available via my iDisk within the next day or so.

http://homepage.mac.com/wildph

Cheers

XW