Revelation, Chapter 1.

Banner
Initiate

Re: Revelation, Chapter 1.

Post by Banner »

I lost my mother last year to Senile Dementia.
Took me a year to get over it.
Take all the time you need. We all know it's hard.
XavDan
Initiate

Post by XavDan »

Thanks for this chapter. A wonderful gift during difficult times
Igi
Sorcerer

Post by Igi »

Thank you.
spinner707
Novice

Post by spinner707 »

Thank you. Finally read through the entire saga. Took about just over a month but what a delightful escape.
Deep condolences for your loss but salute to your indomitable spirit!
scooter012
Sorcerer

Post by scooter012 »

Thanks Fel!!
Seastallion
Katzh-dashi

Post by Seastallion »

I wish I had some wisdom or comfort to impart, but honestly anything I can think to say seems quaint and inadequate. I can only share in the sadness we all feel when we lose a loved one. I'm sorry for your loss.
Check out my blog at... http://myhatsize.blogspot.com
ilox
Sorcerer

Post by ilox »

Hi Fel, sorry that I have not been around for a long time but that is what Life does to you at times. Sigh.

I am just catching up on the tale and reading Chapter 1. This block just does my head in so perhaps you can explain it in a way that doesn't add to my confusion. Maybe.
They would then immediately go to the Basilica and wait until the ceremony began, which would take place at 1700, two hours after noon. The ceremony would last nearly three hours and would begin at noon
So the Ceremony would start at 1700 - two hours after noon - which to me is 1400?
But the Ceremony would last for 3 hours and would start at Noon which makes it 1500 when it finishes.

What am I missing here?

OK, maybe my Post-COVID memory loss is playing a part here. Is it because Draconis has a longer day than 24 hours? Thus 1500 IS noon?

Please help sort out my confusion.

Cheers, Ian
Cheers, Ian
"From the moment I picked up your book until I laid it down, I was convulsed with laughter.
Some day I intend reading it." ~ unknown
kyli
Mi'Shara

Post by kyli »

ilox wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 2:51 am Hi Fel, sorry that I have not been around for a long time but that is what Life does to you at times. Sigh.

I am just catching up on the tale and reading Chapter 1. This block just does my head in so perhaps you can explain it in a way that doesn't add to my confusion. Maybe.
They would then immediately go to the Basilica and wait until the ceremony began, which would take place at 1700, two hours after noon. The ceremony would last nearly three hours and would begin at noon
So the Ceremony would start at 1700 - two hours after noon - which to me is 1400?
But the Ceremony would last for 3 hours and would start at Noon which makes it 1500 when it finishes.

What am I missing here?

OK, maybe my Post-COVID memory loss is playing a part here. Is it because Draconis has a longer day than 24 hours? Thus 1500 IS noon?

Please help sort out my confusion.

Cheers, Ian
30 hour days so yes, 1500 is noon
"I got stabbed. After 10 days of agony, the sword died."
ilox
Sorcerer

Post by ilox »

Thank you, Kyli that's another bit of memory that has left me. This post-COVID life is crap. Sigh.
Cheers, Ian
"From the moment I picked up your book until I laid it down, I was convulsed with laughter.
Some day I intend reading it." ~ unknown