Inception, chapter 7.

trodrian
Sorcerer

Re: Inception, chapter 7.

Post by trodrian »

Wow , did not expect this so soon. I might have to find out about this Twigger thing you mentioned. Thanks for the new chapter and good luck on that world domination stuff. Let us know if you succeed. :roll:
RobJ
Katzh-dashi

Post by RobJ »

Hi Fel,
I knew the Easter Bunny was looking after me :D Have a Happy Easter.
wizzo
Sorcerer

Post by wizzo »

Wow, thanks Fel :D
Mizriath
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Mizriath »

Thanks Fel.... whoot.
The sea flows as long as Earth exist, Love is alive as long as people exist. I will read Fel's stories as long as my heart still beats.
expedient
Mi'Shara

Post by expedient »

Thanks Fel. :mrgreen:

I'm sure I'll like it when I get time to read it :wink:
Represented by Senator Riyo Chuchi
Fel
Weavespinner

Post by Fel »

trodrian wrote:Wow , did not expect this so soon. I might have to find out about this Twigger thing you mentioned. Thanks for the new chapter and good luck on that world domination stuff. Let us know if you succeed. :roll:
YOU DOUBT MY AMAZING POWER?

/thundercracko'DEWM

I scorn thee!

/scornscornscornscornscornscorn
Just another guy from the shallow end of the gene pool.
imsirius
Novice

Post by imsirius »

Hells yeah!
dstar
Sorcerer

Post by dstar »

Hey, Fel, something I've been wondering about since you introduced the experimental 3D shell in chapter 4 (I think) -- a fighter can only fire one shell because the acceleration needed to get the round moving fast enough wrecks the railgun.

But velocity is acceleration * time... so if you built a railgun several times as long as the one they used, you could reduce the acceleration to something less damaging. Of course, at that point, you'd have something too long to use with a fighter.

But not too large to use with a larger ship, like a frigate. Of course, you'd have to redesign the frigate (_again_ -- the rate at which the KMS is putting out new ship designs has to be frustrating), but you could also probably scale it up somewhat... and it seems to me that even if you couldn't, from the descriptions it would do enough damage to be useful against even a *huge* ship.

Going in the other direction, a few thousand single-use (or at least, 'designed to fire until they wreck themselves') railguns with oversized engines bolted on would make a *nasty* thing to have sitting there when your interdictor pulls an enemy fleet out of hyperspace. And, along the same lines, a missile with a railgun payload that fires when the missile is in range would be a nasty (if expensive) weapon too -- you'd need less acceleration from the railgun because the missile would have (hopefully) built up a lot of velocity getting to the target. (Actually, was the velocity needed to produce the destructive effect, or just so that the fighter wouldn't be caught in the blast? If it's the latter, you wouldn't need a railgun on the missile at all....)

dstar
Cougar2k2
Sui'Kun

Post by Cougar2k2 »

Whoot!!! Hell yeah and I was wonderin what I'd be doing today. Thanks Fel
"I can control my destiny, but not my fate. Destiny means there are opportunities to turn right or left, but fate is a one-way street. I believe we all have the choice as to whether we fulfil our destiny, but our fate is sealed."
--Paulo Coelho
Evodavich
Novice

Post by Evodavich »

Can somebody email me a copy of this chapter tryin to download on ma phone doesnt work evodavich@gmail.com
Pretty plz :-)
NegativeEnergy
Novice

Post by NegativeEnergy »

Very nice. Always a pleasure to see a new Subjugation series chapter.
Taliesin
Sorcerer

Post by Taliesin »

Thank you Fel. Just finished reading the chapter. Talk about making things interesting for Jason and the Karinnes at the end of the chapter.
ramouton
Sorcerer

Post by ramouton »

Awesome chapter, nice twist, can hardly wait to see how that pans out.
ThisAndThat1
Sorcerer

Post by ThisAndThat1 »

RobJ wrote:Hi Fel,
I knew the Easter Bunny was looking after me :D Have a Happy Easter.
Just finished converting to html and reading it.

Wow nothing like an Easter treat and a twist in the story line at the same time.

Thanks Fel - keep it up.
"Molon labe!" (Come and get them!) King Leonidas of Sparta, when asked to lay down his force's arms.

"Those who hammer their guns into plowshares will plow for those who do not." Thomas Jefferson

If tyranny & oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy. James Madison

I tell ye true, liberty is the best of all things; never live beneath the noose of a servile halter. William Wallace, Address to the Scots, circa 1300

“The great object is, that every man be armed. [...] Every one who is able may have a gun.” Patrick Henry
Evodavich
Novice

Post by Evodavich »

Great chapter
thank to who ever sent it to me :-)