Spirit Walker, chapter 14.

alkiera
Initiate

Re: Spirit Walker, chapter 14.

Post by alkiera »

Fel wrote: I have no idea. I've worked 32 hours in the last 3 days, and I ahve 4 days left before I get any time off.

So, I've had little time to write.
Understandable. Well, the no time to write part is. 10 hour days, eh, not so much... I've done that, and it really sucks.

What are you doing, anyway, if you don't mind us prying a bit? I don't recall seeing what you went to school for(besides getting an expensive piece of paper).
Fawks
Sui'Kun
Location: DFW, Texas, USA, N. America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe

Post by Fawks »

alkiera wrote:
Understandable. Well, the no time to write part is. 10 hour days, eh, not so much... I've done that, and it really sucks.

What are you doing, anyway, if you don't mind us prying a bit? I don't recall seeing what you went to school for(besides getting an expensive piece of paper).
Very expensive. Mine, from Tarleton State U. makes a good door mat.
www.weavespinner.net

Still looking for an easy WYSIWYG html/web editor like Frontpage used to be.
Elsh
Initiate
Location: Under the cupboard, reading chapter 14 of spiritwalker.

Post by Elsh »

I'm surprised how often I wish I'd skipped over the whole ivy thing and gotten a degree somewhere more affordable

$800/month student loan payments are not what's up
Missing chapter 14, making my way through chapter 15 and awaiting chapter 16 of Spirit Walker.
nicolai
Da'Shar

Post by nicolai »

Well, my addiction is starting to cause minor tics, but nothing I can't live with. :mrgreen:

Fel, take care of yourself first. Given that you're working overtime like that, it seems a tad unlikely that you got a job that's related to your degree. Could be, but that sure isn't the norm for new college grads. :o :shock:

Looking forward to chapter 15, and I expect it to maintain the outstanding quality standard you have established! :P

Nicolai
An objective definition of "Political Correctness":

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical, liberal minority, and
rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the
proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
jnormg
Novice

Post by jnormg »

Fawks wrote:
alkiera wrote:

Very expensive. Mine, from Tarleton State U. makes a good door mat.
Tarleton, huh? Mine was from what was then Arlington State College, now UT Arlington. No student loans in those days! I worked an average of 30 hours per week while attending full time for my BSEE. My kids went on student loans which my wife and I paid off for them. I don't know which way was better. Certainly it worked for me.

P.S. I seem to recall a note from Fel that he was going back to school to study Physics. Not sure, though.

Norm Gober
Cedar Hill, Texas
Omegano
Initiate

Post by Omegano »

Yeah, college is very expensive. Even the community colleges... And I'm starting a four-year college this coming year, and I have to take out loans for the entirety of it (even room-and-board). DigiPen is expensive, but with the respect it has in the game development community, it's worth it. At least if you can deal with the killer workload. I'd have a job along side going to classes to help pay for everything, but when the students say things like:

"Don't live further than a half hour from school, or else transit time will cut into studying time."
"Social life? Used to have one, then I started going to DigiPen..."
"Ahh... TV... The memories..." (in response to the 'favorite tv show' question in the roommate locater database)
"WoW is a cancer, and will spell your doom at DigiPen."(said by same guy as above)

And then there's the infamous "Some students burned their furniture for light to study for finals when the power went out in that major snowstorm a few years ago..."

. . .

I don't think I'll have time for a job...

Omegano
Go ahead. Ask me any question, but if it needs logic or intelligence, you will want to ask that brain thingie that lives in in my head instead.
Islandstone
Talent

Post by Islandstone »

I'm drowning in anticipation. When is the next chapter due?

Please don't make me resort to begging.

Please, Please, Please, Please!!!
Spec8472
Weavespinner

Post by Spec8472 »

furry_wolf2001b wrote:My idea is actually for us to bri.. er , to send Fel money so he don't need any other day job then the one to supply us with our crack. :)
Well, there is a donation box. I'm sure if Fel gets enough $/month to pay bills/etc via that, then he might reconsider :P
Phantom
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Phantom »

Fel wrote:
I've been working overtime this week. That's why you haven't seen much of me.

I have no idea. I've worked 32 hours in the last 3 days, and I ahve 4 days left before I get any time off.

So, I've had little time to write.
He He He

It's been a while since we had regular Monthly meetings of Fel Addicts anonymous where
we would all sit around and reread older chapters wondering how many weeks or months :shock:
it would be till we saw a new chapter of Tarrin or Sub.

Fel You've Hooked and Spoiled a lot of these newer Readers :lol:

All I can say is Welcome to the Addiction. and be glad he doesn't Tease us with Snippets.....much! :roll:

And Weresmilodon you've been at several of those meetings too.

Phantom
And in the fury of this darkest hour
I will be your light
A lifetime for this destiny
For I am Winter born
And in this moment..I will not run
It is my place to stand
We few shall carry hope
Within our bloodied hands
(bloodied hands)
And in our Dying, we're more alive-than we have ever been
I've lived for these few seconds
For I am Winter born
The CruxShadows "Winterborn" (This Sacrifice)
Barack
Novice

Post by Barack »

Hello My name is _________ and I'm an addict. I just reread Subjugation for the 4th time.
Barack
Novice

Post by Barack »

now if everyone responds to this then others will not know that there is a 15 unless they look for the chapter. :evil: