Spirit Walker, chapter 6.

Doc Spratley
Initiate

Re: Spirit Walker, chapter 6.

Post by Doc Spratley »

Fel wrote: By the way, I've decided to stop writing this book unless I receive 50 billion dollars in unrolled mint condition 1944D wheat pennies by Sunday morning.
That's worth about $10 Canadian... :roll:
furry_wolf2001b
Katzh-dashi

Post by furry_wolf2001b »

spoilerish, but vague indeed:
Spoiler
Show
So what do you do when you come to hate your totem?
Or all totems?
>_>
Nah, doubt that will happen, but trust is broken, like a lover rips your heart out and stomps on it.
Survivable, but hardly pleasant.
Ewen if she think there is a need for it.

Do not get me wrong, it may be needed, but way harsh.
Some nightmare scenarios popped up in my head immediately upon reading the end, and i am actually afraid to read the next as some of the horrors may tun up.. >_>

Makes Stalkers position more understandable, less risk of your totem fking you over if you do not have one, probably do not have to follow any totems (or as much) orders/errands too, besides the ones he bargains with.
Miss spelling sweed in tha house! ;)
gesit
Sui'Kun

Post by gesit »

great, just great m8
thanks

ham
Cougar2k2
Sui'Kun

Post by Cougar2k2 »

What is this? A new chapter posted when I'm away training with the army, can't say I'm upset all that much but more disappointed that I couldn't read it earlier. :D Lookin forward to reading tonight.

Take care Fel, oh and would the 50 Billon dollars be acceptable in postcard format recieved over the next 40 or 50 years?
"I can control my destiny, but not my fate. Destiny means there are opportunities to turn right or left, but fate is a one-way street. I believe we all have the choice as to whether we fulfil our destiny, but our fate is sealed."
--Paulo Coelho
Phantom
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Phantom »

Fel wrote:Fear me.

And before you even ask, WHY ARE YOU ASKING? You KNOW I'm not gonna answer you.

By the way, I've decided to stop writing this book unless I receive 50 billion dollars in unrolled mint condition 1944D wheat pennies by Sunday morning.

And they must be delivered by a naked virgin Scandanavian supermodel looking to become a complete woman.

I'll send her to Brad Pitt.

Oh your SNEAKY REAL SNEAKY.....it took me till chapter 8 to realize i was miss reading that one line
here in chapter 6. Plans within plans ..........you sure you didn't write any Kimdori into this story ?

First lessons indeed....<shakes head>

Phantom
And in the fury of this darkest hour
I will be your light
A lifetime for this destiny
For I am Winter born
And in this moment..I will not run
It is my place to stand
We few shall carry hope
Within our bloodied hands
(bloodied hands)
And in our Dying, we're more alive-than we have ever been
I've lived for these few seconds
For I am Winter born
The CruxShadows "Winterborn" (This Sacrifice)
Icekiss
Talent

Post by Icekiss »

I'm just now reading this chapter, and got shaken out of it by a (to me) pretty glaring inconsistency:

"it certainly looked deep…and Kyven did not know how to swim"

I remember quite clearly that when contemplating his options on the ship (to free the Arcan girl), he contemplated swimming for it, stating that he could literally swim all day, but that the captain most likely knew that too.

Looking through the responses I didn't see anyone mentioning it, so I thought I'd let you know (and even registered for it...).

Very, very good story though. Thanks for the great read!
freethrow
Sorcerer

Post by freethrow »

Icekiss wrote:I'm just now reading this chapter, and got shaken out of it by a (to me) pretty glaring inconsistency:

"it certainly looked deep…and Kyven did not know how to swim"

I remember quite clearly that when contemplating his options on the ship (to free the Arcan girl), he contemplated swimming for it, stating that he could literally swim all day, but that the captain most likely knew that too.

Looking through the responses I didn't see anyone mentioning it, so I thought I'd let you know (and even registered for it...).

Very, very good story though. Thanks for the great read!
Ummm, I think I know the part of the story you are speaking of. The human part of him probably didn't know how to swim. Nearly all animals can swim from birth. Why would his Arcan body that could run all day and all night not be able to swim all day as well? It seems reasonable to me that a changed Human would still think in human terms at one moment and in Arcan in another. At least I am satisfied with that assumption. :)
Weresmilodon
Fel is my Dark Lord ;)

Post by Weresmilodon »

It's the other way around. He was Human when he was on the ship and thought he could swim, and then Arcan when he got to the river and couldn't. I suppose it could be that he didn't know his new body, but more likely Fel just forgot himself. There might be an error thread for this somewhere (maybe the wiki), otherwise you can create one and list any errors you spot.
"I'm a male. Males are supposed to act tough."
Tarrin, Chapter 29, The Questing Game.
NSC
Katzh-dashi

Post by NSC »

OK, semi-serious question from chapter 6. Just what did that black crystal powered device they threw overboard do? I know it sank in the water, but what was it designed to do?
Ledsmith
Sorcerer

Post by Ledsmith »

One would assume that the device is designed to Kill all arcans on the ship incase of some kind of mutany or revolt.