Kit, chapter 34.

TLGG
Katzh-dashi

Re: Kit, chapter 34.

Post by TLGG »

You have to admit though, that the vertical column in michael's post is pretty cool.
gnume
Sui'Kun

Post by gnume »

Spec8472 wrote:
gnume wrote:fel is eeevvvvviiilllll 6 days without new chapters
There have been periods where it's been months between new chapters - just sit back, relax, and the new chapter will be posted when it's ready.
yeah but he hooked us on chapter every 3 - 4 days and I'm pretty sure that almost every one of the readers goes threw a withdrawal
Mad Monk
Sui'Kun

Post by Mad Monk »

gnume wrote:
Spec8472 wrote:
gnume wrote:fel is eeevvvvviiilllll 6 days without new chapters
There have been periods where it's been months between new chapters - just sit back, relax, and the new chapter will be posted when it's ready.
yeah but he hooked us on chapter every 3 - 4 days and I'm pretty sure that almost every one of the readers goes threw a withdrawal
I suspect that Kit and his family are holding Fel hostage. He did say that he was expecting only one or two chapters to reach the end of his story arc, but that was several chapters ago. He mentioned that this story writes itself, so if you want to see the end of this arc, we may have to intervene. I suggest asking the Shadowfox to release Fel - we will need a sacrifice for her, so I suggest michaelsuave for excessive nagging.
Rational people have supported the worst dictators of history - Hitler, Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot, etc.

I'm mad - at least I have an excuse for what I do.
miraborn
Da'Shar

Post by miraborn »

Mad Monk wrote:I suggest asking the Shadowfox to release Fel - we will need a sacrifice for her, so I suggest michaelsuave for excessive nagging.
Unfortunately, doesn't the ShadowFox get to choose what the sacrifice is? Knowing our luck, she will demand that all stories but hers stop forever... leaving us hanging. That does sound like her... she then might dangle the prospect of some more writing in front of us, only to get us to do something else that she wants, then twist her meaning again and leave us wallowing in our self pity.
Mad Monk
Sui'Kun

Post by Mad Monk »

miraborn wrote:
Mad Monk wrote:I suggest asking the Shadowfox to release Fel - we will need a sacrifice for her, so I suggest michaelsuave for excessive nagging.
Unfortunately, doesn't the ShadowFox get to choose what the sacrifice is? Knowing our luck, she will demand that all stories but hers stop forever... leaving us hanging. That does sound like her... she then might dangle the prospect of some more writing in front of us, only to get us to do something else that she wants, then twist her meaning again and leave us wallowing in our self pity.
She does bargain, and has more respect if you bargain well. Are you implying that michaelsuave in exchange for Fel's Vulpan captivity is unfair? Do we need to offer more?
Rational people have supported the worst dictators of history - Hitler, Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot, etc.

I'm mad - at least I have an excuse for what I do.
J-Man5
Mi'Shara

Post by J-Man5 »

Well once she got Michaelsuave then wouldn't it become like the ransom of Red Chief? Where the ShadowFox would bargain for us to take him back. We could really negotiate at that point since we have become immune to his antics. If we sweetened the pot initially and threw in Mizriath too then she would be forced to concede upon receipt of said individuals. And to put her over the barrel we could just keep refusing to take them back as she would continue to up her offers to get them out of her hands/paws. Can you imagine all the pranks they would pull on her in her domain? I almost feel sorry for her if you count not hardly any feeling as being almost.

J-Man5
kd7mvs
Sui'Kun

Post by kd7mvs »

TLGG wrote:You have to admit though, that the vertical column in michael's post is pretty cool.
Not just cool, this is the new "anti-quote" protection system, brought to you by michaelsuave; if you quote the post the column no longer lines up properly, informing all and sundry that it is not the original post. While clearly adapted from mundane currency anti-counterfeiting technology, the implementation is sufficiently different that ...Patent Pending, I believe is the phrase?

Clever guy, that Michael's pretty suave.
miraborn
Da'Shar

Post by miraborn »

kd7mvs wrote:
TLGG wrote:You have to admit though, that the vertical column in michael's post is pretty cool.
Not just cool, this is the new "anti-quote" protection system, brought to you by michaelsuave; if you quote the post the column no longer lines up properly, informing all and sundry that it is not the original post. While clearly adapted from mundane currency anti-counterfeiting technology, the implementation is sufficiently different that ...Patent Pending, I believe is the phrase?

Clever guy, that Michael's pretty suave.
Ah, but your reasoning is slightly flawed in that the quoting of the original causes, in this instance, a significantly different, yet equally (or greater) impressive visual impact, thus:
michaelsuave wrote: Trimmed:
Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! .... :twisted:
Note that while the original vertical column is missing, the new alignment is quite striking. The first two rows, while slightly offset due to word wrapping, do lead nicely into the overall effect.