Walker of the Path, chapter 5 [spoilers]

Caution: Spoilers
Discussions about the Spirit Walker and Shadow Walker stories.

Moderator: Sennadar Moderators

Forum rules
Please Read the forum rules.
heustess
Katzh-dashi

Walker of the Path, chapter 5 [spoilers]

Post by heustess »

The twenty things around him shimmered with the shadow world as he forced them into their original forms, and he was then surrounded by twenty men and women wearing common garb….
So, Kyven can control the things in the shadow world. He can immobilize them and force them back into their original forms. What would happen if he dragged one back into the real world? Could it still function there? Could it be killed? If they did not turn into unstoppable murdering machines, it might be useful to drop a few into a large city and see what havoc they could cause. Of course, it could kill Arcans, which would not be good, but it would cause a lot of problems for the humans, distracting them from preparing defenses against Kyven's army.
kyli
Mi'Shara

Re: Walker of the Path, chapter 5 [spoilers]

Post by kyli »

Could the "new" Things in the shadow world somehow be the Flaurens that Kyven drained? I'm just wondering how they got there and that's the only logical explaination that made sense to me.
"I got stabbed. After 10 days of agony, the sword died."
SoronelHaetir
Katzh-dashi

Post by SoronelHaetir »

I always figured that the things would dissolve pretty much instantly if brought into the physical world into direct sunlight (since their bodies are shadows but I am figuring they don't have Kyven's innate control over shadow, otherwise they ought to be able to break his hold on them). Actually I had wondered about using that method to thin out their ranks some if they ever became too bothersome.

Now, if tossed into the real world at night I could well see the result being different. Their bodies might have enough coherence to survive starlight, perhaps even a full moon (though again perhaps not a full moon and a fresh snowfield).
heustess wrote:
The twenty things around him shimmered with the shadow world as he forced them into their original forms, and he was then surrounded by twenty men and women wearing common garb….
So, Kyven can control the things in the shadow world. He can immobilize them and force them back into their original forms. What would happen if he dragged one back into the real world? Could it still function there? Could it be killed? If they did not turn into unstoppable murdering machines, it might be useful to drop a few into a large city and see what havoc they could cause. Of course, it could kill Arcans, which would not be good, but it would cause a lot of problems for the humans, distracting them from preparing defenses against Kyven's army.
SoronelHaetir
Katzh-dashi

Post by SoronelHaetir »

Also, bummer about the device being affected so by all the arcans seeing its first use. Although I do see how that is necessary to keeping the arch from being all-powerful, if it were just a matter of a normal shaman over-exertion it would be tempting to use it too often.

I do, however, have to wonder if there would be a way to simply set it up to use Kyven's life drain spell to power that portion of the process, rather than Kyven somehow trying to restore himself afterward. Right now while he is damaged it is not too bad, I could see that changing quickly with even one or two more instances like the one that killed the talkers. So instead of Kyven sacrificing himself just capture Flaurins and tie them into the arch, they are sadistic bastards and are getting killed anyway so why not put their deaths to direct use?
SYED
Child of Niami

Post by SYED »

The device currently allows any spell to be amplified. What if other versions are made for a specific branch or spell? We know he planned on stopping gun powder, what if the spel simply blocked/stopped combustion?
He can drain during battle via shadows, that trick will be needed to be done very often.
All shadow fox manipulate shadows, I wonder if kyvern could create actual shadow spells, not simply manipulate that shadows. No shadow fox does the same moves the exact same way, it is individual to the person. Spells would be the same no matter the arcan. Shadow spells, to create items out of shadow that are the same each time. Armor, weapons and tools. The only difference are the items might be fitted for the person who summons them. His amulet is a shadew piece of shadow, linked to some kind of metal right. So similar items could mimic that process.
Shamans have three types of magic, evocation, summoning and blessings. What about for shadow fox, they have glamor or grammerie?
.S.A.M.K.M