Shadow Walker chapter 12 (spoilers)

Caution: Spoilers
Discussions about the Spirit Walker and Shadow Walker stories.

Moderator: Sennadar Moderators

Forum rules
Please Read the forum rules.
Mad Monk
Sui'Kun

Shadow Walker chapter 12 (spoilers)

Post by Mad Monk »

Well, chapter 12 is out. How does he write so fast? I'm glad he does :P

I think that the Arcans from the pens seem t be very restrained. I'm surprised that there were no atrocities. I wonder if the dozen who went missing have decided to go wild, or if they just want to go somewhere unsupervised for some payback?
Rational people have supported the worst dictators of history - Hitler, Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot, etc.

I'm mad - at least I have an excuse for what I do.
expedient
Mi'Shara

Re: Shadow Walker chapter 12 (spoilers)

Post by expedient »

We've now seen our first shadow plane kill. It's interesting that Kyven could alter the effect the guard's body had in the shadow world, could this be a glimpse of a clue as to how he will eventually master traveling there with much less danger from the native denizens?

The most amazing thing for me was how Kyven's illusions now have so much substance that he can ride on the back of his own imagined creation. This has incredible possibilities. If he alter reality to that extent, could he swim underwater or fly or stop bullets? (He can already 'walk' through walls...)

The way Kyven got past all the defenses at the Pens so easily was a little surprising. Is he going to blunder during the battle by being overconfident?
Represented by Senator Riyo Chuchi
dellstart
Child of Niami

Post by dellstart »

Loved this chappie!'

Non stop action , drama , suspense and just good plain old fun

major kudos!!
lapland
Katzh-dashi

Post by lapland »

The thing the perked my interest is the contentment the inhabitants of the shadow world had after eating the guard that Kyvin left behind. They still came after him, but did it seem perhaps that they where less enthusiastic about it? Perhaps if he leaves more they will start to know him and his ability to supply them with their wants and begin to support him. Could be they would then begin to protect him from others that can use the shadow world. Perhaps then he can have an upper hand to his totum.
IdiotPaste
Sorcerer

Post by IdiotPaste »

Wasn't this the first time that he brought anyone with him into the shadow realm? He always thought it was too dangerous before so I don't think he's ever tried it.
"Any man who can hitch the length and breadth of the galaxy, rough it, slum it, struggle against terrible odds, win through, and still knows where his towel is is clearly a man to be reckoned with."
ANTIcarrot
Sui'Kun

Post by ANTIcarrot »

“Ebony, stay here and protect our honored mother,” Kyven ordered. “And be here to deal with these men if the collars don’t stop them.”
“Can I kill them?” she asked eagerly.
Oh I like her! She's cute! :twisted:

[edit:] Though in a more cynical tone... I wonder if Ebony's desire to be Kyven's bodyguard (ish) is actually about Kyven's safety (and yes, inevitably his hot bod) and how much it is actually about getting away from all the humans she'd have to deal with if she stayed in Danver's army.
Last edited by ANTIcarrot on Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
I is an certified nut
SYED
Child of Niami

Post by SYED »

So he will stay with the army till just to the city, then shadow walk to the city and ensure forces are eliminated on the path to the fortress or they are looking for the threat else where. will he also be freeing slaves or will that be for later. all the arcan would have to locked away as they could be mistaken for the army. so let say all arcan are ordered to warehouses far away from the fort and guarded. he would not be able to save all of them. kyven either takes out the heavy weapons or the offivers so then who would protect them from the army. they never expected two sieges. best bet get all arcan to gather on the path to the fort so when the army passes the slaves are carried in and freed. make sure the gates are damaged and weapons stolen.

Danna could speed up the seige by instead of throwing fire, throw rubbish and refuse. the soldiers will have to keep the area clean of risk disease.. is there a spell that stops fires, if they have no hot water or cooking fires, they are doomed. also if the soldiers do try to fight out they dont realise they would be facing monsters. the final kicker make sure they smell the wonder full camp meals the arcans have.
.S.A.M.K.M