Shadow Walker chapter 11 (spoilers)

Caution: Spoilers
Discussions about the Spirit Walker and Shadow Walker stories.

Moderator: Sennadar Moderators

Forum rules
Please Read the forum rules.
ANTIcarrot
Sui'Kun

Shadow Walker chapter 11 (spoilers)

Post by ANTIcarrot »

Chapter 11 is out. Does this mean Fel has gone bankrupt?
I is an certified nut
expedient
Mi'Shara

Re: Shadow Walker chapter 11 (spoilers)

Post by expedient »

This is a very good chapter. I'm glad to see that, if Tag is any example, the Loreguard have competent generals.

I wasn't sure how to feel about Kyven seeking revenge from Annette Ledwell. I not sure what he would have done but it could have driven Kyven into a direction where he spends too much time righting grievances over dealing with the bigger picture. Fel's method of resolving this was clever if a little unsettling. (It shows how much I've invested into the character if it draw that kind of emotion from me...)

Now bringing down Cheston should be much more fun. :twisted:

Does anyone think that Danna is leading Tag into a trap with the perceived weak protect around the trebuchet?
Represented by Senator Riyo Chuchi
ANTIcarrot
Sui'Kun

Post by ANTIcarrot »

expedient wrote:I wasn't sure how to feel about Kyven seeking revenge from Annette Ledwell. I not sure what he would have done but it could have driven Kyven into a direction where he spends too much time righting grievances over dealing with the bigger picture.
I fear it was a dissapointing foreshadowing of what won't be happening to all the war criminals in Cheston. :( If they're going to be too ethical to exact revenge, then I hope they at least put the place to the torch once they've gotten everyone out.

PS: Has anyoe else noticed a distinct drop off in discussion as the chapters progress?
I is an certified nut
Mad Monk
Sui'Kun

Post by Mad Monk »

I think Fel caught us a bit flat footed.

Fel nicely side-stepped a potential trap.
Kyven’s official job was to observe the fortifications and tell Danvers where the weak points were, then try to disrupt Cheston’s preparations to make it easier for the insurgent army to attack, but unofficially, Kyven intended to go off on Cheston, a place of which he had intensely personal and intensely painful memories. This was where he was changed into an Arcan, captured, sold, and then tortured by a sadistic son of a bitch. Nothing would make him happier than burning Cheston to the ground and watching the freed Arcans punish the bastards who lived there. But, those were the happy kitten dreams he enjoyed while half asleep. In reality, he couldn’t perpetrate an atrocity here because the Flaurens would be here in four days, and they couldn’t march up to find the road lined with the impaled corpses of the Chestoners rotting on splintered stakes and the entire city nothing but a smoking ruin.
It's hard to have the moral authority to restrain others when you've done some terrible things yourself. "Do what I tell you to do, not what I do" has been the cry of despots and tyrants throughout history.

If he had gone wild on Annette Ledwell, I suspect the shadow fox might have had to get involved. She probably wouldn't mind the payback, but if he did it as a shaman. or if it could be traced back to him, it could damage the reputation of all shaman. They are, after all, claiming to be acting for everyone, not just for the arcans, or themselves.
Rational people have supported the worst dictators of history - Hitler, Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot, etc.

I'm mad - at least I have an excuse for what I do.
expedient
Mi'Shara

Post by expedient »

The whole place is a powder keg. There are so many vested interests that Noraam could find itself in total war with the Euscians adding in their own contribution. It would be interesting to read about but finding a clear narrative could be difficult. So I'm still expecting Fel to to suddenly zag us in an unexpected direction in the near future.
Represented by Senator Riyo Chuchi
Ledsmith
Sorcerer

Post by Ledsmith »

ANTIcarrot wrote:PS: Has anyoe else noticed a distinct drop off in discussion as the chapters progress?

I think alot of us are looking forward to more from Jason Fox . Just look ar the subjigation board. We even have a Fanfic :D
ANTIcarrot
Sui'Kun

Post by ANTIcarrot »

Ledsmith wrote:We even have a Fanfic :D
I hadn't noticed. :)

And I must admit I did like the part about naming the big wuffies. They do sound like a lot of fun!
I is an certified nut