Spirit Walker - Spoilers - Chapters 1 through part of 14

Caution: Spoilers
Discussions about the Spirit Walker and Shadow Walker stories.

Moderator: Sennadar Moderators

Forum rules
Please Read the forum rules.
J-Man5
Mi'Shara

Re: Spirit Walker - Spoilers

Post by J-Man5 »

And Fel likes shapeshifters.
shades98
Initiate

Post by shades98 »

I think we are putting the cart before the horses here...There are so many things that he has to learn first...he shows a lot of maturity to understand the lessons she is teaching him. But these lessons he is going to learn are going to be the hardest for him to learn.
The world is like a book each place has its own page.
Sage4Eros
Initiate

Post by Sage4Eros »

I just thought of another possible plot twist. A shadow fox Arcan has a very unique coloration. If Shadow Fox arranges for Kyven to be a slave/stud on a breeding farm, then a new breed of Arcan could be introduced into the world...
Fel
Weavespinner

Post by Fel »

You're partially right. His unique coloration DOES in fact raise a few eyebrows, and his worth as breeding is made issue of in the chapter. He's the only one of his kind, the only fox with black fur that they've ever seen. That makes him a valuable commodity.

If he just survives being auctioned. A pelt as unique as his would also be of intense interest to a furrier. There would never be another like it if he's killed before he could breed, so the furrier could sell it for thousands of chits.

Thus is the hidden danger of being so unique.
Just another guy from the shallow end of the gene pool.
Sage4Eros
Initiate

Post by Sage4Eros »

Ouch! Your readers are right, you ARE evil!
Cougar2k2
Sui'Kun

Post by Cougar2k2 »

A very intersting chapter, that makes me think of quite a few questions.

My first question which will hopefully be answered in coming chapters is, what of the shadow fox's natural abilities? I mean earlier in the story, I forget which chapter, the spirit/totem shadow fox said there are animal shadow foxes that have natural abilities to slink around in the shadows that help them hunt and stuff. Does Kyven have those abilites in arcan form? And if so can he even use them since the spirit is withholding the shaman magic or is she just withholding the shaman magic and he has to learn about the shadow fox abilities as well as what it is like to be arcan?

I also have a guess, a guess mind you, at what the next attempt to tame Kyven will be. Simply I think it will be the little girl that was petting him, I forget her name. But I think the owner will somehow try to form a bond or something between them and use that to make Kyven bend to his will. You know one of his previous lessons on how his actions will effect or not effect others.
"I can control my destiny, but not my fate. Destiny means there are opportunities to turn right or left, but fate is a one-way street. I believe we all have the choice as to whether we fulfil our destiny, but our fate is sealed."
--Paulo Coelho
michaelsuave
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by michaelsuave »

Ok, so eventually he will forgive the shadow fox, but I hope to god that he comes back and kills this sadist farmer. :x :evil:

~Michael
Tin Foil... Still putting down money that its the key for the defeat of the baddies...

Fel, Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Ahhh, its done... dang, now what am I going to read???
New books! Yay! let the nagging begin! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do!...

True, I really have nothing better to do in my free time, I mean, what could be better than reading Fel's stories or being messed with by Spec? Thanks for the fun spec!
TStyle
Sorcerer

Post by TStyle »

If I remember correctly, earlier in the story it was mentioned that Shamen can drain crystals and use them as another source of power, instead of directly taping the spirit world.

I don't know if the Shamen needs to be directly in contact with the crystal or not, but if he needs only be in proximity to it, Kyven could drain the power out of the collar's crystals. Of course, he would have to remember this first.

Or if he does have shadow fox abilities, the question is this: Their ability to tap the spirit world to power their abilities; is it tapping ambient spirit energy or does Kyven's totem, being the patron/creator of all physical shadow foxes grant/be the fount of their power.

If it is the latter, Kyven could still be cut off from even those abilities.
michaelsuave
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by michaelsuave »

TStyle wrote:If I remember correctly, earlier in the story it was mentioned that Shamen can drain crystals and use them as another source of power, instead of directly taping the spirit world.

I don't know if the Shamen needs to be directly in contact with the crystal or not, but if he needs only be in proximity to it, Kyven could drain the power out of the collar's crystals. Of course, he would have to remember this first.

Or if he does have shadow fox abilities, the question is this: Their ability to tap the spirit world to power their abilities; is it tapping ambient spirit energy or does Kyven's totem, being the patron/creator of all physical shadow foxes grant/be the fount of their power.

If it is the latter, Kyven could still be cut off from even those abilities.
Ok, I edit my earlier statement, I hope Kyven drains the crystals from his collar, then uses the power of the crystals to slowly peal the flesh off the farmer in strips, for days... Maybe that will earn the shadow fox's respect and get him back to his humanity. :twisted:

~Michaelsuave
Tin Foil... Still putting down money that its the key for the defeat of the baddies...

Fel, Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Ahhh, its done... dang, now what am I going to read???
New books! Yay! let the nagging begin! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do!...

True, I really have nothing better to do in my free time, I mean, what could be better than reading Fel's stories or being messed with by Spec? Thanks for the fun spec!
Mizriath
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Mizriath »

Hmm,

He being the only human shaman meeting the other Arcan shaman will be thrown out of the window.

But I can imagine the plot where, he being return to a human, after his WALK, goes to meet the other Arcan shaman, and they creating that big hoo-hah about Kyven being human........... and he slowly turn himself into a Shadow Fox Arcan.... and then all the other shamans will have their gaping mouth with their drools dripping....

A shaman who can change his form....a shadow fox arcan....one of his kind.... I can imagine the next uproar... and together with all the magic he will have and learned by then. And the number of followers he will have from the freed females Arcans, :D Then the possibilities is limitless.... I should just read the story as Fel lets them out rather than create my own sories in my head.

Oh for sure, Kyven will exact revenge on this guy, Arthur Ledwell, who starve him.... it is a not a question of will but when and how.... well the ultimate revenge is not death but turning that guy into an Arcan in front of his wife and daughter. Then this Arthur knowing that he is slowly being transformed.. and not knowing why.
The sea flows as long as Earth exist, Love is alive as long as people exist. I will read Fel's stories as long as my heart still beats.
Mistra
Katzh-dashi

Post by Mistra »

that would be a no-go, fell said earlier the shadow fox couldn't turn him against his will, so even if he wanted to to turn the farmer into an arcan, if the shadow fox can't do it, how could he? unless there's some kind of mi-shara kind of loophole.
darkhand
Initiate

Post by darkhand »

I can think of a couple ways of making somebody choose to be transformed. There is always the threat to make them touched, even if it is not possible, the torture devices that go zap, and of course the most favorite of fel, the threat of a very long painful death, just ask tarrin.
peaking out from under the dark side of the hand of rl, I grin with a toothless smile.
IdiotPaste
Sorcerer

Post by IdiotPaste »

I think Kyven should put that damn colar around his neck, throw him in an unlocked cage with food stacked all around the cage just out of his reach, and let the sob to starve to death.
"Any man who can hitch the length and breadth of the galaxy, rough it, slum it, struggle against terrible odds, win through, and still knows where his towel is is clearly a man to be reckoned with."
michaelsuave
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by michaelsuave »

As you can probably tell by now Fel, you've ticked off the masses with the way kyven was treated. We the people of the united sennadar forums do hereby request that you toast farmer ledwell's ass. I prefer well done in this case, though if kyven or another arcan were to eat farmer ledwell raw, meaning alive, I would be good with that as well.

Ok, so I'm still angry at the farmer, but I'm going to try and move this into other spoiler/future story-line thoughts... :evil:

There is a timing component to this last chapter (7) that there wasn't in many of the last chapters. Rather then spanning a couple days,at the end of chapter 7 Kyven has been an arcan for over a week. In fact, if my math is right (and we don't know how long he was unconcious in the woods for*) kyven could have been an arcan for over 2 weeks at the end of chapter 7. The other shaman have stated that sometimes lessons take years to learn. Though I doubt Kyven will remain a arcan for years (there would be problems with him reappearing at the crystal cutter's shop after being presumed dead, and his disappearance for years would take the loreguard captain out of the story-line*) there is the potential that Fel will draw this out for a significant period of time. I wonder how many chapters it is going to be before kyven goes back to being a human? Only the Fel knows... :?:

~Michael 8)

dellstart
Child of Niami

Post by dellstart »

Talk about absolute bastadry!

Funny how the most acute cruelty ,is always being performed by those who think who feel they are most enlightened.Sad to say , but true.