A new plane for Kit?

Caution: Spoilers
Discussions all around the Kittstrom Lucas Vulpan story.

Moderator: Sennadar Moderators

Forum rules
Please Read the forum rules.
nicolai
Da'Shar

A new plane for Kit?

Post by nicolai »

Was browsing around the internet and found this. I know Kit likes the jets, but this is one sweet propeller twin, if a tad pricey. Plus it's very fast (402 knots TAS, 10-15 knots slower than the Citation CJ's) and has enough headroom for everyone but Stav, Marcus and Nick. If I was rich, it would be a hard choice between this and a King Air (price vs performance/operating cost). And Jessie can fly it.
An objective definition of "Political Correctness":

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical, liberal minority, and
rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the
proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
GBLW
Mi'Shara

Re: A new plane for Kit?

Post by GBLW »

nicolai wrote:Was browsing around the internet and found this. I know Kit likes the jets, but this is one sweet propeller twin, if a tad pricey. Plus it's very fast (402 knots TAS, 10-15 knots slower than the Citation CJ's) and has enough headroom for everyone but Stav, Marcus and Nick. If I was rich, it would be a hard choice between this and a King Air (price vs performance/operating cost). And Jessie can fly it.
Yep, looks fast, (reminds me of a pregnant harbour seal though- especially nose on) VERY expensive and I'd be willing to bet the parts would be a bearcat to obtain in North America. (Sorry, but I've heard a friend bitch about getting parts for his Lamborghini!)
K Pelle aka GBLW
My recent stories are available at: http://www.grynenbayritpublications.com/
nicolai
Da'Shar

Post by nicolai »

Yes, it's expensive, at $7.2M. On the other hand, a new C90 King Air is over $3.6M. So twice the price. Not too outrageous considering what you get. The price is similar to a CJ3 ($7.5M).

Parts? Might be a problem, but the kind of folks who can afford one of these aren't known for patience, so the company would be wise to be prepared. They have two US centers, one on each coast. A bit inconvenient for Kit. Service would be available in Dallas, though, if not in Austin. (Lambo parts? Having to wait for parts is part of the mystique.) :lol:

The shape is indicative of advanced aerodynamic design, there's actually some lifting body effect in flight. For me, at least, appearance is less important than function. And that shape provides 5'9"+ of headroom. The King Air and Citation CJ's offer only about 4'8". Getting Citation CJ performance levels for 40% less operating cost makes it pretty attractive.

Besides which, I like the pusher design.

GBLW
Mi'Shara

Post by GBLW »

nicolai wrote:Yes, it's expensive, at $7.2M. On the other hand, a new C90 King Air is over $3.6M. So twice the price. Not too outrageous considering what you get. The price is similar to a CJ3 ($7.5M).
(clip) Getting Citation CJ performance levels for 40% less operating cost makes it pretty attractive.
Besides which, I like the pusher design.
Yes, but ALL aircraft are expensive - that's why I've never owned one. A friend took me for a flight in a homebuilt when I was 16 and I was hooked. From then on I made it a habit to befriend anyone I met who owned a plane. :lol:
Oh, and I like pushers too - jet engines, not turboprops - My two dream machines for the last few years have been the early Learjets for a plane and the Bell Jet Ranger for a chopper (Okay, so a chopper is sort of a turboprop turned 90 degrees, but so what. it's a neat machine.)
To be honest, the last time I even flew commercially was August 2000 - with my back, every time I get into a car I cross my fingers and hope that we don't get into a serious accident. There's a good chance that if I was thrown about very hard in a car accident or was in a rough landing in a plane, I wouldn't be able walk afterward. (I suffer from a combination of Osteoporosis, Osteoarthritis and Spinalstenosis.)
K Pelle aka GBLW
My recent stories are available at: http://www.grynenbayritpublications.com/
Wolfee
Mi'Shara

Post by Wolfee »

Looks like rip-off of a Beechcraft Starship.
nicolai
Da'Shar

Post by nicolai »

GBLW - that's a rough combination. Best wishes on that. I haven't flown commercial myself in at least that long; I object to being treated like a criminal just for wanting to travel on a plane.

Wolfee - There are a lot of differences between the two. A Starship may have been one of the inspirations for the designers, but the result is very different.