Kit - Chapter 36 [Spoilers]

Caution: Spoilers
Discussions all around the Kittstrom Lucas Vulpan story.

Moderator: Sennadar Moderators

Forum rules
Please Read the forum rules.
crxbnt
Da'Shar

Kit - Chapter 36 [Spoilers]

Post by crxbnt »

I can hardly believe that I am starting the thread for chapter 36, but here goes!

While the chapter leaves one gasping for breath, it is the perfect sequel to chapter 35. It has twists and turns worthy of the evil genius, it leaves us hanging worse than the previous chapter, and it finally brings the purists out where we expected them! And it does it all at a pace that has to be somewhere around Mach 3!

BTW, great writing Fel.

But where is the evil one going from here? This can't be blamed on a design flaw of a piece of equipment. It does not make sense that this can come from Cybil. Zach is the obvious choice. But . . . we have seen what happens to the obvious choice before. Zach may be involved. But there is certainly more twists and turns than a simple fanatic dripping vitriol on all that displeases him. A masterstroke by Vil to put Zach where he HAS to prove who did it (and not him).

Surely, this is where the loyalty of the Vulpan servants will come to aid Vil and Kit.

I just wish the next chapter was coming out by the time I finish dinner!

crxbnt
crxbnt
Da'Shar

Re: Kit - Chapter 36 (Spoiler)

Post by crxbnt »

Sorry the (Spoiler) title did not make it into the subject line of the new thread!

Forget about dinner, I need the next chapter NOW!

crxbnt
zedd
Sui'Kun

Re: Kit - Chapter 36

Post by zedd »

I don't know why, but I suspect Brian. The why is bugging me though ...
boballab
Sui'Kun

Post by boballab »

Zach is just too obvious for the culprit, but what about his wife? She really hates both Kit and Jessie, especially because of the way they tore into her. All it would take would be for Zach to say just enough in her presence for her to learn about the tunnel and such. I also believe that the money that was being moved in and out of the Stonebrook account was for the Paladins.

She just used what she overheard from Zach, coupled with his ties to the purity movement to set this up. Remember Zach fears Kit, that was plain when Kit showed up at Stonebrook and evicted him but his wife is another story.
The Mizriath Jihad is on hold.....for the moment
Hearly
Speed Racer!

Post by Hearly »

zedd wrote:I don't know why, but I suspect Brian. The why is bugging me though ...
I was kinda thinking the same thing, I mean Zach is too easy of a choice..

What about Terry's dad?

Also now that Kit has her Proxy, is something Unfortunate going to happen to Vil?

As that would be the greatest Irony of the whole thing, Kit's fought all his life not to be the Head man, now he is...
boballab
Sui'Kun

Post by boballab »

I don't think it is Tom, it doesn't seem to fit his personality and also his beef is with Zach not Kit.

Each of the Elders, to me at least, seem to have different personalities and reasons for them. Maybe I'm reading more then Fel intended from Kit's musings on each Elder but this is what I came up with.

Zach is nothing but a bully. Growing up he probably tried to out do his older brother all the time but kept losing to Lucas. Since he couldn't beat Lucas he lorded over his younger siblings and developed into the Bully he is today.

Maxine is probably has a slight mental probalem. Growing up she was bright and got good grades just like Bess and just like Bess got told by her Elders to go play with Dolls little girl.Her reaction to this was the polar opposite of Bess. Where Bess went out and tried to party her sorrow away, Maxine tried to become the perfect Vulpan woman even though that is what caused her to be in that position.

Jake sound like a weasel to me. He seems the type that talks the talk but can't walk the walk. He rather stand behind Zach and Maxine and play his games.

Sarah well she is torn by divided loyalties in a way. Probably growing up she was the one that Kit's father went to for comfort when his own father put the screws to him. Sarah saw what happened to Lucas growing up, then with the death of his wife (which it seems unlike all the other marriages was not an arranged marriage) topped with Kit's rebellion was too much for him. She all her life was forced to sit the fence, first between her father and Lucas then between Lucas and Kit. After all that time that is how learned to handle difficult situations.

Tom, well Tom's different. With three older brothers he knew he would never head the family so he was free to pursue other avenues as long as he toed the Vulpan line. That is where his "black sheep" status started. Then of course he had to throw Bess to the wolves basically to satisfy his siblings "proper" role for her. Then top it off with Dahalia's problems and you are talking about a man that has to go against what he wishes to do with what he must do to protect her.

Brian growing up probably had it the easist, as is typically the case for the youngest child in any family. Studies have show that consistantly the eldest and youngest get the most attention from their parents, but for different reasons. The Eldest has to lead the way, break the trail and meet the expectations of the parents and pay the heaviest price when it's not met. The youngest just gets the oh look at my baby ain't he sweet attention. This shows in Brians attitude with his own children. He also probably spent more time with his own Grandfather then his elder brothers did. He got to listen to Kitstrom Daniel (the fur that built Stonebrook) tell stories of the "old" days when the Vulpan family was basically starting out. That is why he told Muffy that Kit is the true Vulpan heir since he knew his own Grandfather would have done what Kit did in that position.
The Mizriath Jihad is on hold.....for the moment
crxbnt
Da'Shar

Post by crxbnt »

boballab wrote:Zach is just too obvious for the culprit, but what about his wife? She really hates both Kit and Jessie, especially because of the way they tore into her. All it would take would be for Zach to say just enough in her presence for her to learn about the tunnel and such. I also believe that the money that was being moved in and out of the Stonebrook account was for the Paladins.

She just used what she overheard from Zach, coupled with his ties to the purity movement to set this up. Remember Zach fears Kit, that was plain when Kit showed up at Stonebrook and evicted him but his wife is another story.
What boballab says here strikes a chord. Alice (or is it Alicia?) is definitely sour and miserable enough to strike out via the Palladins. She has also not demonstrated any of the intelligence which all the Vulpans thus far have shown, despite any of their other (many) shortcomings. Zach and the other elders have the intelligence to know that there will be retaliation / reaction for any attcks against Kit, Jessie or Laura. And they certainly know better than to leave Vil around!

Who ever did it, I can't help but thinking that they majorly screwed the pooch!

crxbnt
zedd
Sui'Kun

Post by zedd »

crxbnt wrote: Who ever did it, I can't help but thinking that they majorly screwed the pooch!
crxbnt
Now that you put it like this, what if they didn't? Their target can be to destroy the family, turning them against each other ....
expedient
Mi'Shara

Post by expedient »

I’m disappointed that they don’t have Blu-Ray (or equivalent) in the Home Theater. Iron Male would rock even more in HD! :shock:

On another note, I still think that Jake is the likely culprit, either him or Alicia Gugenheim Vulpan (Zach’s wife). Zach would make sure to get to all three (Kit, Jessie and Vil) at the same time to ensure his succession.

Brian has too much to gain from Vil being in charge, so though I don’t entirely take him at face value I don’t thinks it’s him.
Represented by Senator Riyo Chuchi
Cougar2k2
Sui'Kun

Re: Kit - Chapter 36 [Spoilers]

Post by Cougar2k2 »

Wow :shock: I did not see that coming. What gets me is who knew about that secret passage when Kit didn't? You find out who knows about that escape route and you'll find the head of assination plot. Which kinda makes me wonder if it was a butler or maid, or even a MacArren (spelling?). Fel has been putting them on a pedastal in recent chapters, it would certainly be the worst kind of betrayal and cut a pretty deep wound.

I agree with most of you, I don't think Zach would be that dumb about something like this. I'm wondering if it just wasn't just thought up by these paladins or whoever they are. The Vulpans did fund them earlier in the family's history. It could be possible that the Vulpans completely submerged in the purist activities and the plans for the house were given to the purists and once they learned about Kit and Jessie they hatched their own plot completely independent of the Vulpans knowing. Kind of like how Cybil used the family against itself when she tried to have Kit killed. Everyone would be to busy trying to get Zach they could slip away unnoticed.
"I can control my destiny, but not my fate. Destiny means there are opportunities to turn right or left, but fate is a one-way street. I believe we all have the choice as to whether we fulfil our destiny, but our fate is sealed."
--Paulo Coelho
Hearly
Speed Racer!

Post by Hearly »

Cougar2k2 wrote:Wow :shock: I did not see that coming. What gets me is who knew about that secret passage when Kit didn't? You find out who knows about that escape route and you'll find the head of assination plot. Which kinda makes me wonder if it was a butler or maid, or even a MacArren (spelling?). Fel has been putting them on a pedastal in recent chapters, it would certainly be the worst kind of betrayal and cut a pretty deep wound.

I agree with most of you, I don't think Zach would be that dumb about something like this. I'm wondering if it just wasn't just thought up by these paladins or whoever they are. The Vulpans did fund them earlier in the family's history. It could be possible that the Vulpans completely submerged in the purist activities and the plans for the house were given to the purists and once they learned about Kit and Jessie they hatched their own plot completely independent of the Vulpans knowing. Kind of like how Cybil used the family against itself when she tried to have Kit killed. Everyone would be to busy trying to get Zach they could slip away unnoticed.
Only problem with that is they confessed someone paid them 10k each to kill them both..
expedient
Mi'Shara

Post by expedient »

Cougar2k2 wrote:Wow :shock: I did not see that coming. What gets me is who knew about that secret passage when Kit didn't? You find out who knows about that escape route and you'll find the head of assination plot. Which kinda makes me wonder if it was a butler or maid, or even a MacArren (spelling?). Fel has been putting them on a pedastal in recent chapters, it would certainly be the worst kind of betrayal and cut a pretty deep wound.

I'm surprised Clancy didn't know about the escape tunnel but that may have been one of the Vulpan only secrets. Any of the elders might have known or been told about it, just like Kit they grew up in Stonebrook and probably explored just as much as he did as a child. The passageway would have been more significant to their father and grandfather. I'd have thought they might have even considered a bomb shelter at one point...
Represented by Senator Riyo Chuchi
Cougar2k2
Sui'Kun

Post by Cougar2k2 »

Hearly wrote: Only problem with that is they confessed someone paid them 10k each to kill them both..
Oops, I don't recall reading that... obviously. Thanks for the correction.
"I can control my destiny, but not my fate. Destiny means there are opportunities to turn right or left, but fate is a one-way street. I believe we all have the choice as to whether we fulfil our destiny, but our fate is sealed."
--Paulo Coelho
Mad Monk
Sui'Kun

Post by Mad Monk »

OK, who did it?

I’m not talking about the attempt on Kit and Jessie, I’m talking about the supply of Fel’s Evil :twisted: . Someone must have delivered a large quantity to him over Christmas, and it is showing in his writing, and the new twists he keeps adding. And the points at which he leaves us hanging!

As for the attempt on Kit’s life:

Zach – I don’t think he did it. He would be more prepared if he had, and would have also tried to kill Vil at the same time.
Alicia (Zach’s wife) – Strong possibility. She has a direct hatred of Jessie and Kit and has purist opinions. Her family probably has strong purist connections as well.
Jake – Possible, but I have a gut instinct that he would not shed family blood.
Maxine – My most likely suspect. She is a rabid purist and blames Kit for the present family problems.
Sarah – Possible, and she is another rabid purist.
Brian – Very unlikely. He has said he admires Kit and has not taken any actions against him.
Tom – Very unlikely. Has said he is satisfied with the way Vil is running things. He is interested in his kids, and sees his son Terry and daughter Bess developing well after becoming friends with Kit.
Cybil – Possible, but I think her spite would be directed against Vil, rather than Kit.
Someone else – always possible, since Fel might put his store of Evil :twisted: to use.

Those that wanted Nick to become a permanent part of the cast have probably had their wish granted. With a hate organisation after him and Jessie, Kit would want permanent protection. Those Paladins will have friends who will come after Kit and Jessie if they do not have protection.

One other point – If there is one passage which Kit did not know about, how many others are there? Nick would be professionally paranoid and looking for additional hidden rooms and passages. I wonder what else he might find, which may have been forgotten?
Rational people have supported the worst dictators of history - Hitler, Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot, etc.

I'm mad - at least I have an excuse for what I do.
GBLW
Mi'Shara

Post by GBLW »

Gee, so far no one has hit on the one I see as most likely to want Kit and his line dead.

And knowing that as a writer, I check my reader's guess, I ain't gonna say anything about it here.
(If I am right, I don't want Fel p'd off with me for giving away a great plot line.)

GBLW

(And off he rides into the sunset, with a vicious chuckle echoing behind him! :twisted: )
(Well, maybe just snickering a bit, since the choice is so obviously unobvious.)