Kit - Chapter 34 - Spoilers

Caution: Spoilers
Discussions all around the Kittstrom Lucas Vulpan story.

Moderator: Sennadar Moderators

Forum rules
Please Read the forum rules.
kd7mvs
Sui'Kun

Re: Kit - Chapter 34 - Spoilers

Post by kd7mvs »

bjeane wrote:I need some tin foil!!!!!!!!!
:lol:
Oh Michaelsuave! Order of tinfoil for this gentle, please!
bjeane
Initiate

Post by bjeane »

Much thanks, Michael.lol :lol:
Fiferguy
Cloudy, 12C, to -2C o/n with a chance of scattered postings

Post by Fiferguy »

We've had this discussion many times...tinfoil doesn't stop a strong enough psionic. There's four or five of us in here. :twisted:
kabalman2000
Sorcerer

Post by kabalman2000 »

Fiferguy wrote:We've had this discussion many times...tinfoil doesn't stop a strong enough psionic. There's four or five of us in here. :twisted:
Yes, since what most people refer to as tin foil is really aluminum foil with a density of about 1/4 that of tin, it is incapable of stopping even fairly week psionics. Real tin foil will stop most psionics. But, to stop them all, you'll need to get lead foil with a density of a little under twice that of tin or 8 times aluminum foil.

I thought it was interesting when Adam and Jamie (Mythbusters) made a large balloon out of lead foil and filled it with helium. They indeed made a lead balloon float.
bjeane
Initiate

Post by bjeane »

I should have remembered that episode. Now all I need to do is find some quick!! lmao
GBLW
Mi'Shara

Post by GBLW »

I thought it was interesting when Adam and Jamie (Mythbusters) made a large balloon out of lead foil and filled it with helium. They indeed made a lead balloon float.
AH yes, you can lead a lead balloon to flotation, but if let it go, will it go; pthb,pthb,pthb,pthb,pthb,pthb,pthb,pthb, pthb,pthb,pthb,pthb,pthb,pthb,pthb,pthb,pthb,pthb,pthb,pthb, and fly around the room - the way a 'proper' balloon should? :lol: :wink:
Last edited by GBLW on Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
K Pelle aka GBLW
My recent stories are available at: http://www.grynenbayritpublications.com/
boballab
Sui'Kun

Post by boballab »

kabalman2000 wrote:I thought it was interesting when Adam and Jamie (Mythbusters) made a large balloon out of lead foil and filled it with helium. They indeed made a lead balloon float.
I wonder if you rub that lead ballon against your hair will it develope that static charge on it like a regular ballon.

I nominate using Mizirath's head to test this out! :twisted:
The Mizriath Jihad is on hold.....for the moment
Mad Monk
Sui'Kun

Post by Mad Monk »

Why use lead foil? Gold foil is denser and much more pretty (and expensive, so it MUST be better)

Would a mail coif http://www.a2armory.com/chainmailcoif.html work just as well? (It also stops people cutting your head off)
Rational people have supported the worst dictators of history - Hitler, Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot, etc.

I'm mad - at least I have an excuse for what I do.
miraborn
Da'Shar

Post by miraborn »

I've been thinking about the helicopter crash and how everyone has been waiting for the FAA to finish the investigation... Well, wouldn't the NTSB be doing the investigation into the cause of the crash? The FAA really would only be involved if there was an ATC related issue. When the NTSB is done, if they find sabotage or some other foul play, then they would hand the investigation off to the FBI for the criminal side.
dellstart
Child of Niami

Post by dellstart »

Mad Monk wrote:Why use lead foil? Gold foil is denser and much more pretty (and expensive, so it MUST be better)

Would a mail coif http://www.a2armory.com/chainmailcoif.html work just as well? (It also stops people cutting your head off)
Wow! I am having LOTR flashbacks!
Mizriath
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Mizriath »

I may have missed this discussion.... what's new!!!

I wonder how Kit's and Jessie's baby will look like..... :cry:

More of a fox but with cat's clawsssss was my vote. :evil: one of the new generation of Vulpans with Vulpan eyes and fox colorings and markings but cat's clawss....
The sea flows as long as Earth exist, Love is alive as long as people exist. I will read Fel's stories as long as my heart still beats.
dellstart
Child of Niami

Post by dellstart »

Mizriath wrote:I may have missed this discussion.... what's new!!!

I wonder how Kit's and Jessie's baby will look like..... :cry:

More of a fox but with cat's clawsssss was my vote. :evil: one of the new generation of Vulpans with Vulpan eyes and fox colorings and markings but cat's clawss....

Though I have a funny feeling that it will 100% fox , which will be even a bigger slap in the face of the one species lovers.
I hope it has vulpan eyes cause that going to drive Zach even more crazy!!! :twisted:

In case your interested http://www.shootinguk.co.uk/guns/271786 ... eview.html
boballab
Sui'Kun

Post by boballab »

I go with Laura looking like a small duplicate of Jessie except for one small little thing, she will have the Vulpan eyes. Now that will drive Zach totally bonkers, a fur that looks 100% cat but has the "purebred" Vulpan eyes.

Oh here is something to ponder:
“Bro, you deserve something for your help, and I do not want you to even have to think about money with Laura coming,” she said seriously. “My niece is not going to be poor!
(the italicized words are the the way Fel wrote them in the story)

I find the three words that Fel had Vil stress in that sentence very interesting. This goes to the contract, what if one of those clauses in the contract deals with Kit's children (besides the Stonebrook inheritence clause). Vil seemed pretty adamant that Laura wasn't going to be poor. Makes you wonder if there isn't something in there like if she was born at Stonebrook she gets x amount of money from the family or if she has the Vulpan eyes something like that happens.
The Mizriath Jihad is on hold.....for the moment
Mad Monk
Sui'Kun

Post by Mad Monk »

boballab wrote:I go with Laura looking like a small duplicate of Jessie except for one small little thing, she will have the Vulpan eyes. Now that will drive Zach totally bonkers, a fur that looks 100% cat but has the "purebred" Vulpan eyes.
I'm afraid that she will have a fox muzzle:
Doctor Mac took the ultrasound probe, which looked like a paddle, then applied it to Jessie's belly. Jessie and Kit watched in fascination as Doctor Mac explained what they were seeing on a display on the device. "There's the head, right there, and nicely developed," she said, pointing out a head-like feature. "Well, that's one for Kit's column," she laughed. "Your baby has a fox's muzzle. See how it's long, like his? Since both of you have triangular ears, that won't really be a fight. A well developed body, your baby's development is right on track, almost textbook.
Given that Jessie already has some fox markings, I would expect those on Laura, although her coat could be white.

Remember that Hannah's brothers were very visably mixed breed, which was why they were targeted.
"They were very nice," John told him, remembering those two, with their fox muzzles and cat ears, fox mittens and cat's claws.
Still, it sounds like an attactive mix, and kittens / cubs are always cute anyway.
Rational people have supported the worst dictators of history - Hitler, Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot, etc.

I'm mad - at least I have an excuse for what I do.
Mizriath
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Mizriath »

I would not think that Laura will have a zebra coat.... or panda style colouring.... white would be the choice, fox looks and cat's claws with Vulpan eyes. And for sure infuriating to Zach cos she is born in Stonebrook.
The sea flows as long as Earth exist, Love is alive as long as people exist. I will read Fel's stories as long as my heart still beats.