Kit - Chapter 34 - Spoilers

Caution: Spoilers
Discussions all around the Kittstrom Lucas Vulpan story.

Moderator: Sennadar Moderators

Forum rules
Please Read the forum rules.
Mad Monk
Sui'Kun

Kit - Chapter 34 - Spoilers

Post by Mad Monk »

Well, it looks like the rift in the Vulpans is spreading.

I must say, given some of the actions it seems difficult to see a settlement short of all-out war.

I can see Zach attacking the company from outside if he is forced out.

Still, we shall see.
Rational people have supported the worst dictators of history - Hitler, Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot, etc.

I'm mad - at least I have an excuse for what I do.
Mizriath
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Re: Kit - Chapter 34 - Spoilers

Post by Mizriath »

Thanks Fel, for the gift for the new year. And the ongoing saga of the Vulpan family.
The sea flows as long as Earth exist, Love is alive as long as people exist. I will read Fel's stories as long as my heart still beats.
Hearly
Speed Racer!

Post by Hearly »

I'm thinking at the end of this, Vil and Kit will both be the Head of the Family, The Cousins seem to be listening to Kit as he's the only one who's ever really lived by himself, hence gives him a different perspective than even Vil.
Mizriath
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Mizriath »

Hearly wrote:I'm thinking at the end of this, Vil and Kit will both be the Head of the Family, The Cousins seem to be listening to Kit as he's the only one who's ever really lived by himself, hence gives him a different perspective than even Vil.
Hmm, I will go with Vil as the Head of the Vulpan sprawling business while Kit as the one who reside in Stonebrook and head of the family controlling a new media empire while the cousins will start other businesses from beauty, foodie, entertainment and electronics (not yet introduced) ...etc etc etc.... The nouveau riches.
The sea flows as long as Earth exist, Love is alive as long as people exist. I will read Fel's stories as long as my heart still beats.
GBLW
Mi'Shara

Post by GBLW »

Kit as the one who reside in Stonebrook
I doubt that, but if Uncle Brian and family or even Tom and family were moved into one wing after Kit and Jes went home, just to act as "caretakers," it would drive Zach and crew right up the wall. :twisted: :lol: :twisted:

GBLW
K Pelle aka GBLW
My recent stories are available at: http://www.grynenbayritpublications.com/
michaelsuave
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by michaelsuave »

What, still no spoilers from Fel?! Don't you know christmas is a year away again Fel? You can stop with the nice guy act and get back to being evil any time... we are starting to think you are sick or something... :wink:
Tin Foil... Still putting down money that its the key for the defeat of the baddies...

Fel, Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Ahhh, its done... dang, now what am I going to read???
New books! Yay! let the nagging begin! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do!...

True, I really have nothing better to do in my free time, I mean, what could be better than reading Fel's stories or being messed with by Spec? Thanks for the fun spec!
kabalman2000
Sorcerer

Post by kabalman2000 »

GBLW wrote:
Kit as the one who reside in Stonebrook
I doubt that, but if Uncle Brian and family or even Tom and family were moved into one wing after Kit and Jes went home, just to act as "caretakers," it would drive Zach and crew right up the wall.
I think he will end up as the good / go-to / advice guy of the family with Vil as the enforcement side. Not that Kit can't do his own enforcing, it's just that he has the respect of the cousins for leaving and living on his own. They're sure he knows things they don't and, not being the one with the money/power, he's maybe easier for them to talk to.
michaelsuave wrote:What, still no spoilers from Fel?! Don't you know christmas is a year away again Fel? You can stop with the nice guy act and get back to being evil any time... we are starting to think you are sick or something...
He is being evil. He's got you going. :D Don't you know that unpredictability is the hallmark of evil? :wink: Unpredictability and surprise ... Okay, unpredictability and surprise are the two hallmarks of evil. And misdirection. Oh bugger. Let's start again. Among the many hallmarks of evil are ... :lol:
Last edited by kabalman2000 on Fri Jan 02, 2009 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kd7mvs
Sui'Kun

Post by kd7mvs »

kabalman2000 wrote:
michaelsuave wrote:What, still no spoilers from Fel?! Don't you know christmas is a year away again Fel? You can stop with the nice guy act and get back to being evil any time... we are starting to think you are sick or something...
He is being evil. He's got you going. :D Don't you know that unpredictability is a hallmark of evil? :wink:
But...but that would be predictable, and thus not an example of Evile by your very own definition! Would not true Evile require a schroedinger box, that it be either predictable or unpredictable, but our not knowing which without opening said box, akin to Pandora, releasing Evile to determine if Evile exists?

Just hope Schroedinger didn't name his cat Jessie...
kabalman2000
Sorcerer

Post by kabalman2000 »

kd7mvs wrote:But...but that would be predictable, and thus not an example of Evile by your very own definition! Would not true Evile require a schroedinger box, that it be either predictable or unpredictable, but our not knowing which without opening said box, akin to Pandora, releasing Evile to determine if Evile exists?
Well, you caught me in the middle of an edit. But I recently read that Schroedinger's box has been disproved: http://esr.ibiblio.org/?p=690

Yeah! Who knew? Just found out myself in the last month. So the box in question would either radiate good or evil right from the get-go and be predictable. I guess we're really going to have to come up with a new simile for unpredictability. :)
dellstart
Child of Niami

Post by dellstart »

Well, that was a interesting chapter.

like others have said, I think in a way ,Vil and kit are spiritual successors of their father ruling position in the family , whether they like it or not.Vil because of her leadership role in the company and family , and kit( not only because of his birthright) but even more for his tenacity , wits common scene and just plain guts. A much admired vulpan trait.

That whole dinner scene , in some ways reminded me of the The Elephant in the Dining Room scenario. You know the deal about the elephant ... someone tells you not to think about an elephant and that's the only thing you can think about! whilst they were being quite polite , I cant help to feel that it was on all their minds.Though , it was interesting to see the wide range of reactions to Jessie by kits relatives.As kit would now have to admit ,things are not 100% set in stone and that by play with little Misty was quite illuminating.Brian and Ruth do indeed seem to be way more open minded , than their other siblings.

Though if some one could explain to me, just what was that caused those looks from his cousins in the kitchen? What was their reaction to the phone call from Brian asking permission?
Hearly
Speed Racer!

Post by Hearly »

dellstart wrote: Though if some one could explain to me, just what was that caused those looks from his cousins in the kitchen? What was their reaction to the phone call from Brian asking permission?
I think it was more along the lines of him spacing out because of his fear/anger at an Elder being anywhere near Jessy, even though Brian was at his wedding...
dellstart
Child of Niami

Post by dellstart »

Hearly wrote:
dellstart wrote: Though if some one could explain to me, just what was that caused those looks from his cousins in the kitchen? What was their reaction to the phone call from Brian asking permission?
I think it was more along the lines of him spacing out because of his fear/anger at an Elder being anywhere near Jessy, even though Brian was at his wedding...
then how does that fit into muffys statement of his true bravery??/
Hearly
Speed Racer!

Post by Hearly »

dellstart wrote:
Hearly wrote:

Maybe I understood it wrong, but I took it to mean, that even with his fear of what his family might do to her, he's still willing to allow it, Shrug..
Mad Monk
Sui'Kun

Post by Mad Monk »

"dellstart"
Though if some one could explain to me, just what was that caused those looks from his cousins in the kitchen? What was their reaction to the phone call from Brian asking permission?

"Hearly"

"dellstart"

"Hearly"
Maybe I understood it wrong, but I took it to mean, that even with his fear of what his family might do to her, he's still willing to allow it, Shrug..
He is taking whatever precautions he can to protect her physically, but he is also concerned about her emotionally. She is surrounded by potential purists who could say very hurtful things, and does not have her usual group of friends around her. He knows that even some of the cousins who support Vil could be purists, because that was how they were raised.
Rational people have supported the worst dictators of history - Hitler, Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot, etc.

I'm mad - at least I have an excuse for what I do.
boballab
Sui'Kun

Post by boballab »

One thing to keep in mind when looking at how the cousins deal with Kit is that Kit is the only Vulpan that can legally take their trust funds away from them. If any of them do something that violates the agreement the family has with Kit he gets to take away all their money. That is a power that not even Vil has over them, so they really don't want to piss Kit off.
The Mizriath Jihad is on hold.....for the moment