Kit - Chapter 30 Spoilers

Caution: Spoilers
Discussions all around the Kittstrom Lucas Vulpan story.

Moderator: Sennadar Moderators

Forum rules
Please Read the forum rules.
boballab
Sui'Kun

Kit - Chapter 30 Spoilers

Post by boballab »

Ohh things get interesting now.

One thing very interesting is that Vil warned Kit about Sheila gossiping with her mother and look what happens she sends pictures of the layout of the Luxury units to her. Could this be a prelude to Uncle Zach sending someone after Kit? Anyone he sends will now know the layout of where Kit lives. Also the butler coming down could be bad, ie another source of info for the elders.

As expected Zach blames it all on Kit and I see in the end Kit will be forced into using the hidden clauses in the contract and not just the one dealing with Stonebrook. Zach doesn't respect nor fear Kit but he should since it seems Kit is like a throwback to the founder of the Vulpans. I believe that if it came to a no holds barred fight in the family Kit is the most dangerous one and the elders in the end will find that out. Kit is the only Vulpan that had the guts, determination and willpower to completely defy his father. Not even Vil would go that far, so when things get really rough we know Kit has the guts for it.
The Mizriath Jihad is on hold.....for the moment
michaelsuave
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Re: Kit - Chapter 30 Spoilers

Post by michaelsuave »

All kit has to do is move in, it doesn't say how long he has to move into stonebrook for, nor did the explaination of the contract clause state that Kit needs to stay in residency at the house in order to force out zach and his harpy of a wife. For now, Kit is supposed to stay away from Boston, and that is probably the wisest thing to do when his wife is pregnant. However, I see Zach's focus on kit as a problem. In addition, if Vil really wants to push out the elders and take away all of their power, then she is going to have to eventually remove their political clout as well; meaning she is going to have to take back control of the vulpan family home. There is only one way that we know of to force that issue, and that is kit moving in...

~Michael
Tin Foil... Still putting down money that its the key for the defeat of the baddies...

Fel, Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Ahhh, its done... dang, now what am I going to read???
New books! Yay! let the nagging begin! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do!...

True, I really have nothing better to do in my free time, I mean, what could be better than reading Fel's stories or being messed with by Spec? Thanks for the fun spec!
dellstart
Child of Niami

Post by dellstart »

boballab wrote:Ohh things get interesting now.

One thing very interesting is that Vil warned Kit about Sheila gossiping with her mother and look what happens she sends pictures of the layout of the Luxury units to her. Could this be a prelude to Uncle Zach sending someone after Kit? Anyone he sends will now know the layout of where Kit lives. Also the butler coming down could be bad, ie another source of info for the elders.

As expected Zach blames it all on Kit and I see in the end Kit will be forced into using the hidden clauses in the contract and not just the one dealing with Stonebrook. Zach doesn't respect nor fear Kit but he should since it seems Kit is like a throwback to the founder of the Vulpans. I believe that if it came to a no holds barred fight in the family Kit is the most dangerous one and the elders in the end will find that out. Kit is the only Vulpan that had the guts, determination and willpower to completely defy his father. Not even Vil would go that far, so when things get really rough we know Kit has the guts for it.

Good catch bob!

Zach did say in the last chapter, that there was one thing that kit wasn't , it wasn't a coward. He might not fear him , but he does know , that push comes to shove kit doesn't back down.That makes for a fearless foe , just lets hope for he's sake doesn't do something stupid and truly wake a sleeping giant.
You know , I could actually see something happening to vil and with her being sidelined , kit is dragged kicking and screaming into this whole fiasco.
Cougar2k2
Sui'Kun

Post by Cougar2k2 »

Oh yeah I agree things are about to get really interesting in Boston and the family was right to clear out of before the fireworks start. Now whether or not things will spill over into Austin I would think is almost a certain. How big or small is another matter. I could definately see Uncle Zach pulling something and with the baby on the way it just makes me all the more suspicious. Uncle Zach has so many targets in Austin right now, Kit, Jessie, the baby, Allison, Sheila, sometimes Terry whenever he is visiting Allison. I think that Zach is just about to the point of Kit's father and about to crossed into 'unreasonable hatred.'

Now that the predicted 2 chapter of kit are done, once things start to get interesting, Fel will probably start work on the next Shadow Walker story. Evil Evil Fel :x :roll: leaving us in suspense like that. A side note I hope the new character, Nick, will become a semi-reoccuring character throughout the rest of the story. I got the impression he might settle down in the area from the short time he had dialogue. You never know.
"I can control my destiny, but not my fate. Destiny means there are opportunities to turn right or left, but fate is a one-way street. I believe we all have the choice as to whether we fulfil our destiny, but our fate is sealed."
--Paulo Coelho
boballab
Sui'Kun

Post by boballab »

Hmm here is something else, Vil by taking away Zach’s political methods of getting her out of the CEO seat and head of the family is backing him into a corner. That would only leave him one of two choices:

1. Back down

2. Take out Vil, Kit and Jessie permanently.

It all comes down to the contract. If Vil alone was taken out you know she would leave everything to Kit, and if Zach goes after Kit to get to Vil and gets caught he’s toast. If he got Vil and Kit but not Jessie you know everything would go to her and her child. So Zach has to take them all out.

“Not me, you. And once he’s gone, he can’t return if you maintain residence for a time considered it a permanent change of address. So, if you move back up here, change your license to Massachusetts, and settle into the manor, Uncle Zach will have to move out. And once he’s out, he stays out.”
But there’s nothing he can do. If he challenges the clause, he has to challenge the entire contract, it’s specifically written that way. You can’t challenge any one part of it without challenging all of it. And if he does that, well, he could lose everything if he wins, because his victory would void the contract, returning everything back to Kit. And I doubt Kit would be feeling very magnanimous if Zach dragged him back into family business again,
Oh, and it’s also in the contract that if any Vulpan is convicted of a crime against Kit, Kit can call to have the contract voided for that family member, and that money comes to me,” she said with a sly little smile. “So, anyone who does anything against Kit ends up surrendering his or her entire fortune to me, and the same conditions Dad had against Kit in his original will are put in effect against the guilty party.
In the first quote is the length of time that Kit would need to live at Stonebrook, just long enough to get a permanent change of address.

Another funny thing is this, Kit keeps saying he doesn’t like Business and he would leave that to Vil. However look at what he is doing at Lone Star, he is building a business. I think it is more that running the shipyards was what his father wanted him to do then him not actually liking business in total.
The Mizriath Jihad is on hold.....for the moment
Cougar2k2
Sui'Kun

Post by Cougar2k2 »

boballab wrote:
Oh, and it’s also in the contract that if any Vulpan is convicted of a crime against Kit, Kit can call to have the contract voided for that family member, and that money comes to me,” she said with a sly little smile. “So, anyone who does anything against Kit ends up surrendering his or her entire fortune to me, and the same conditions Dad had against Kit in his original will are put in effect against the guilty party.
I think I should point out that it says convicted of a crime. There's a big difference between being accused of a crime or of knowing a crime was committed and being able to get that person into court and convicted of said crime. You know how lawyers can throw stuff at something to delay/bog it down where it could literally take years for any progress in a case.

I just had another thought about something else that could happen but there really hasn't been any indication it will happen. Clancey could become a target, die of natural causes or even murder. I don't think I would put it past the older Vulpans. If he became a target I would have no doubt Vil would take immediate action for his safety or retribution if he was harmed on purpose. If he died, either naturally or planned, Kit and Jessie would be torn on whether or not to attend any ceremonies which could possibly open them for some kind of action from the older Vulpans.

Like I said no indications but it was just something that popped into my head so I thought I'd throw it out there to be 'shot down' or further discussion. :D
"I can control my destiny, but not my fate. Destiny means there are opportunities to turn right or left, but fate is a one-way street. I believe we all have the choice as to whether we fulfil our destiny, but our fate is sealed."
--Paulo Coelho
crxbnt
Da'Shar

Post by crxbnt »

Fel has truly stirred the pot, and our collective suspicions (funny how that happens when we read his work!). Kit may say he wants nothing to do with his family, but it is clear that he will uterly destroy them using ALL possible means if Jessie and / or Laura are attacked. And if Vil was to be side lined and require his help, he would also be implaccable. And Kit really would not be held back by a desire to not dragging the Vulpan name through the mud. He has no skeletons in his closet to have to protect. It certainly seems that the Vulpan Titanic is intent on ramming the ice berg that is Kit!

This is getting to be more like Tarrin with each chapter. And some wusses are complaining that there is not enough excitement in this story?

crxbnt
Mad Monk
Sui'Kun

Post by Mad Monk »

Cougar2k2 wrote:I just had another thought about something else that could happen but there really hasn't been any indication it will happen. Clancey could become a target, die of natural causes or even murder. I don't think I would put it past the older Vulpans. If he became a target I would have no doubt Vil would take immediate action for his safety or retribution if he was harmed on purpose. If he died, either naturally or planned, Kit and Jessie would be torn on whether or not to attend any ceremonies which could possibly open them for some kind of action from the older Vulpans.

Like I said no indications but it was just something that popped into my head so I thought I'd throw it out there to be 'shot down' or further discussion.
Good, reliable, servants who will keep secrets are hard to find, that is why there are families of servants at Stonebrook. The servants are on call 24/7 and give good service, in return, they are well treated. Obligations run both ways.

Clancy's son Stanley is chief butler, and grandson Bartholomew, also works at Stonebrook. If anything unfortunate happened to Clancy no servant would trust the older Vulpans, and they would work against them. They will know many dirty secrets which could cause considerable embarasment, or even jail time.

What do you think the odds are that Zach has been privately funding purist hate groups, which might even be classed as terrorist organisations?
Rational people have supported the worst dictators of history - Hitler, Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot, etc.

I'm mad - at least I have an excuse for what I do.
Hearly
Speed Racer!

Post by Hearly »

What kinda struck me, is Brian seems to be staying out of this fight totally, is it because he's already on Vil's side but keeping it quite?
zedd
Sui'Kun

Post by zedd »

This is getting to be more like Tarrin with each chapter. And some wusses are complaining that there is not enough excitement in this story?
I just hope that Fel isn't stopping Kit any time soon to start on another story. At least not while there is this suspense. Sorry for those who don't like this story much, but being left with this cliff hanger for a while wouldn't be fun at all.
Cougar2k2
Sui'Kun

Post by Cougar2k2 »

zedd wrote:I just hope that Fel isn't stopping Kit any time soon to start on another story. At least not while there is this suspense. Sorry for those who don't like this story much, but being left with this cliff hanger for a while wouldn't be fun at all.
Sad to say it but from what Fel's said I'm pretty sure he was planning on starting Shadow Walker again after this chapter.
Fel wrote:I haven't reached the end of where I want to stop yet, so there'll be one, possibly 2 more chapters before I start Shadow Walker.
That was from the chapter 28 thread. Unless it's still not where he wants it, which would be nice not to be left in suspense for a few months. Either way I'll just be happy with something to read :D All of Fel's stories are capivating so no real worries.
--Paulo Coelho
Fel
Weavespinner

Post by Fel »

I'm not planning on shifting away from Kit until the current major plotline is completed.

I'm just having too much fun writing it. ;)

How many chapters it runs, I can't say. I thought I'd have the whole "family war" plot worked out by chapter 30, but now I dunno. I keep getting evil ideas and have to implement them, and it's dragging it out.
Just another guy from the shallow end of the gene pool.
Fel
Weavespinner

Post by Fel »

Mad Monk wrote:Clancy's son Stanley is chief butler, and grandson Bartholomew, also works at Stonebrook. If anything unfortunate happened to Clancy no servant would trust the older Vulpans, and they would work against them. They will know many dirty secrets which could cause considerable embarasment, or even jail time.
Clancy's father also worked for the Vulpans, four generations of MacArrens. It's as much a family business as it is a tradition. Sheila's butler, Higgins, is the third generation of Higgins to work for the Vulpans.

And oh, yes, would the servants EVER turn against the family if they found out someone in the family had Clancy, or any other servant, attacked or "silenced."

And they HATE Zach and the fact that he's squatting in the ancestral home of Vil and Kit....
Just another guy from the shallow end of the gene pool.
expedient
Mi'Shara

Post by expedient »

boballab wrote:2. Take out Vil, Kit and Jessie permanently.
And it would have to happen at the same time in order not to warn the others, which is an added complexity to accomplish.
Mad Monk wrote:Good, reliable, servants who will keep secrets are hard to find, that is why there are families of servants at Stonebrook. The servants are on call 24/7 and give good service, in return, they are well treated. Obligations run both ways.
But does Zach appreciate this?
Fel wrote:I'm just having too much fun writing it. ;)
I'm having fun reading it! :P
Represented by Senator Riyo Chuchi
dellstart
Child of Niami

Post by dellstart »

Fel wrote:I'm not planning on shifting away from Kit until the current major plotline is completed.

I'm just having too much fun writing it. ;)

How many chapters it runs, I can't say. I thought I'd have the whole "family war" plot worked out by chapter 30, but now I dunno. I keep getting evil ideas and have to implement them, and it's dragging it out.

so keep implementing and we will keep reading. :wink: