Kit - Chapter 30 Spoilers

Caution: Spoilers
Discussions all around the Kittstrom Lucas Vulpan story.

Moderator: Sennadar Moderators

Forum rules
Please Read the forum rules.
GBLW
Mi'Shara

Re: Kit - Chapter 30 Spoilers

Post by GBLW »

Cougar2k2 wrote: Uncle Zach has so many targets in Austin right now, Kit, Jessie, the baby, Allison, Sheila, sometimes Terry whenever he is visiting Allison. I think that Zach is just about to the point of Kit's father and about to crossed into 'unreasonable hatred.'
Like any rich SOB Zach is liable to look at that list and come to the realization that all of those you've mentioned come under Vil's protective blanket in one way or another, and he doesn't want to butt heads with her, at least not directly. In all honesty, I think he might come in from the left field, perhaps he might arrange to attack 'infrastructure' - houses, cars, planes etc. Or he might try to arrange a 'business deal' that was too good to turn down, but booby-trap the deal so it would turn Vil against one of the key players. Don't forget that he's hamstrung by Vil's hold on the industrial base, so she really controls any increase in his income. Somehow he would have to remove her protection from one of the players before he can attack them.

Let's look at your 'victim' list and try to see their weak points instead of their strong points, because that's where he's going to aim his bile.

The weakest of that list appears to be Allison, but attacking her would bring Terry, and Sheila boiling into the fray instantly. Of course she is learning to pilot a plane and sabotage is always a possibility. If it was done sneakily enough, he might think he could get away with that. Everyone else is simply too strongly entrenched to be attacked freely.

Personally, my pick for a sneak attack would be Terry, perhaps via a bribed union member, but even doing that would be iffy at best. Vil's panthers would soon find out how it was done and then there would be retribution, in spades!

Hmmm, I think I'll go back to my own writing instead of playing in Fel's sandbox.
K Pelle aka GBLW
My recent stories are available at: http://www.grynenbayritpublications.com/
zedd
Sui'Kun

Post by zedd »

GBLW wrote: Hmmm, I think I'll go back to my own writing instead of playing in Fel's sandbox.
And what are you working on? :?: :)
Mad Monk
Sui'Kun

Post by Mad Monk »

Fel wrote:I'm not planning on shifting away from Kit until the current major plotline is completed.

I'm just having too much fun writing it. ;)

How many chapters it runs, I can't say. I thought I'd have the whole "family war" plot worked out by chapter 30, but now I dunno. I keep getting evil ideas and have to implement them, and it's dragging it out.
I'm deffinitively enjoying them.

Please could you also update us on what has been happening to Cybil? You mentioned in Chapter 26 that Vil had started her vengance plan, but no details. I wonder if Zach will team up with Cybil to try to get at Vil through Kendall?
Rational people have supported the worst dictators of history - Hitler, Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot, etc.

I'm mad - at least I have an excuse for what I do.
Mad Monk
Sui'Kun

Post by Mad Monk »

GBLW wrote:Let's look at your 'victim' list and try to see their weak points instead of their strong points, because that's where he's going to aim his bile.

The weakest of that list appears to be Allison, but attacking her would bring Terry, and Sheila boiling into the fray instantly. Of course she is learning to pilot a plane and sabotage is always a possibility. If it was done sneakily enough, he might think he could get away with that. Everyone else is simply too strongly entrenched to be attacked freely.

Personally, my pick for a sneak attack would be Terry, perhaps via a bribed union member, but even doing that would be iffy at best. Vil's panthers would soon find out how it was done and then there would be retribution, in spades!
I don't think he is taking Terry or Sheila seriously. The Older generation see the cousins as a waste of space who they can easily control. He probably saw Terry moving to New Orleans as a sign of weakness - running away. I think that he is going to make some serious mistakes by underestimating the cousins, who are begining to see a chance of escaping from under an oppressive thumb. They may not take an active role, but they realise what will happen if Zach wins.
Rational people have supported the worst dictators of history - Hitler, Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot, etc.

I'm mad - at least I have an excuse for what I do.
GBLW
Mi'Shara

Post by GBLW »

zedd wrote:
GBLW wrote: Hmmm, I think I'll go back to my own writing instead of playing in Fel's sandbox.
Oh, a time travel piece, a rewrite of one of my early books, a re-edit of another, and most of all the HTML, PHP, etc. to establish a new site which will feature stories from several of my online works. Oh, and I'm thinking that I might even put what I consider my 'best' stories on Lulu. So yeah, I'm busy.

GBLW
K Pelle aka GBLW
zedd
Sui'Kun

Post by zedd »

GBLW wrote:
zedd wrote:
Oh, a time travel piece, a rewrite of one of my early books, a re-edit of another, and most of all the HTML, PHP, etc. to establish a new site which will feature stories from several of my online works. Oh, and I'm thinking that I might even put what I consider my 'best' stories on Lulu. So yeah, I'm busy.

GBLW
OOOh so that's YOU. I like your stories :D
dellstart
Child of Niami

Post by dellstart »

Mad Monk wrote:
GBLW wrote:Let's look at your 'victim' list and try to see their weak points instead of their strong points, because that's where he's going to aim his bile.

I don't think he is taking Terry or Sheila seriously. The Older generation see the cousins as a waste of space who they can easily control. He probably saw Terry moving to New Orleans as a sign of weakness - running away. I think that he is going to make some serious mistakes by underestimating the cousins, who are begining to see a chance of escaping from under an oppressive thumb. They may not take an active role, but they realise what will happen if Zach wins.

yeah ,you hit it on the head.
Just look at how many cousins actually are friendly towards, or speak openly positively about kit and co. Not too many on that list. so probably most are going to sit on the fence and wait till the dust settles.smart thing to do , in their book , because its a win win situation. At best vil , wins and liberty is sounded for all ,at worst zach wins and things remain the same.
firedrake3
Katzh-dashi

Post by firedrake3 »

GBLW wrote:
zedd wrote:

GBLW
Where can I find Your stories?
An objective definition of "Political Correctness":

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical, liberal minority, and
rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the
proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
GBLW
Mi'Shara

Post by GBLW »

firedrake3 wrote:
GBLW wrote:Oh, a time travel piece, a rewrite of one of my early books, a re-edit of another, and most of all the HTML, PHP, etc. to establish a new site which will feature stories from several of my online works. Oh, and I'm thinking that I might even put what I consider my 'best' stories on Lulu. So yeah, I'm busy.

GBLW
Where can I find Your stories?
Keep an eye on http://forums.sennadar.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=777 about the first of January, 2009. :wink:

GBLW
K Pelle aka GBLW
Cougar2k2
Sui'Kun

Post by Cougar2k2 »

Fel wrote:I'm not planning on shifting away from Kit until the current major plotline is completed.

I'm just having too much fun writing it. ;)
YAY!!! I was hoping you wouldn't leave us hanging. It's much appreciated that you'll finish the current troubles before switching stories. :D
Fel wrote:Clancy's father also worked for the Vulpans, four generations of MacArrens. It's as much a family business as it is a tradition. Sheila's butler, Higgins, is the third generation of Higgins to work for the Vulpans.

And oh, yes, would the servants EVER turn against the family if they found out someone in the family had Clancy, or any other servant, attacked or "silenced."

And they HATE Zach and the fact that he's squatting in the ancestral home of Vil and Kit....
With all this talk of loyalties I was wondering who the servents are truely loyal to? They are all loyal to the Vulpan Family we've established that, but which Vulpan in the family are they loyal to? I'm sure most at Stonebrook are more loyal to Vil and Kit but I'm sure some would perfer Zach over Kit. We saw that even some of the servants are purists when Kit and Jessie first visited Clancey. So I think that adds yet another layer of intrigue who is loyal to who in the servants ranks. So far there haven't been to many that have played a big part in the story, mainly Clancey and Higgins(Shelia's butler).
GBLW wrote: Like any rich SOB Zach is liable to look at that list and come to the realization that all of those you've mentioned come under Vil's protective blanket in one way or another, and he doesn't want to butt heads with her, at least not directly. In all honesty, I think he might come in from the left field, perhaps he might arrange to attack 'infrastructure' - houses, cars, planes etc. Or he might try to arrange a 'business deal' that was too good to turn down, but booby-trap the deal so it would turn Vil against one of the key players. Don't forget that he's hamstrung by Vil's hold on the industrial base, so she really controls any increase in his income. Somehow he would have to remove her protection from one of the players before he can attack them.
As for this I don't remember who said it but they something to the effect of, "A smart enemy strikes exactly where you think you are safe." Could apply to how Zach will proceed with his plans. And I think GBLW is right about Zach using the 'infrastructure' to his advantage. What with Sheila sending those pics of her apartment. I think its also possible that he might attack Lone Star finacially, get Kit and Vil with one blow. More of blow to Kit then Vil.

Wow ok that enough for me. I think this might be my longest post yet in the forums. :D
"I can control my destiny, but not my fate. Destiny means there are opportunities to turn right or left, but fate is a one-way street. I believe we all have the choice as to whether we fulfil our destiny, but our fate is sealed."
--Paulo Coelho
boballab
Sui'Kun

Post by boballab »

Hearly wrote:What kinda struck me, is Brian seems to be staying out of this fight totally, is it because he's already on Vil's side but keeping it quite?
Brian is the smartest of the remaining elders and there is a clue about his feelings at the time of Kit and Jessie's wedding. This is from Muffy, one of Brians Kids.
Dad always told me that you were a pretty brave kid who stood up to his father and tried to live his own life, even after it cost you your money and place in the family. Dad’s always been pretty impressed by you, you know. You get disowned at sixteen, and not only did you make it, you graduated from college and got a good job and made something good for yourself. He always told me that you’re a true Vulpan, rolling with the punches and coming out on top, just like our great-granddad did when he built the company

Now here was something I dug up while going through the earlier parts of the story. Stonebrook has always been the seat of the Vulpan power and Zach has been using that to his advantage as mentioned by Kit.
That was why Zach wanted to live here, to be in that seat, to use it as a symbol against the rest of the family as he tried to slowly wrest the power in the family away from Vil
Now this is what I found:
Vilenne will be named primary owner, you will be named co-owner, and Zachary tertiary owner. What this means is upon the death of Vilenne Vulpan, should you remain living, ownership of the manor will revert to you. If both you and Vilenne were to pass away, ownership reverts to Zachary.
For Zach to ever own Stonebrook Vil and Kit both have to be dead. Kit's child can't inherit until Zach is dead.
If all three of you are deceased, it falls to your children in order of their parents on the deed, beginning with Vilenne, then you, then Zachary
As to the servants they have split loyalties except Clancy. We know the majority of them do not like Zach but they are under his control, all except Clancy.
Included in the Stonebrook agreement is a clause that allows Zachary to remain in the manor as a resident, with power to maintain the grounds, access the manor’s financial accounts, hire and fire all staff except for Clancy MacArren, and domicile his children within the manor until they reach the age of twenty-one.
Zach has control of their jobs and as it has been said it is not just a job but a institution, a way of life. That is why they are almost begging Kit to move in and get rid of Zach, for if he does that this part of the contract becomes null and void when Zach leaves.
The Mizriath Jihad is on hold.....for the moment
michaelsuave
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by michaelsuave »

I think people are forgetting a really important contract clause: if zach attacks or harrasses kit, he loses everything, all of the inheritance, gone, and kit gets it. So fine, let zach screw with lonestar, Kit is a partner, that means kit owns the magazine, and if zach messes with lonestar, he messes with kit and gets in even more trouble. Frankly I'm not too worried about zach, when he met with kit at the house, he held back some modicrum of control. Its that female aunt who insinuated that Vil was going to be leaving Boston in a body bag that kit and gang should be worried about.

~Michael
Tin Foil... Still putting down money that its the key for the defeat of the baddies...

Fel, Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Ahhh, its done... dang, now what am I going to read???
New books! Yay! let the nagging begin! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do!...

True, I really have nothing better to do in my free time, I mean, what could be better than reading Fel's stories or being messed with by Spec? Thanks for the fun spec!
boballab
Sui'Kun

Post by boballab »

michaelsuave wrote:I think people are forgetting a really important contract clause: if zach attacks or harrasses kit, he loses everything, all of the inheritance, gone, and kit gets it. So fine, let zach screw with lonestar, Kit is a partner, that means kit owns the magazine, and if zach messes with lonestar, he messes with kit and gets in even more trouble. Frankly I'm not too worried about zach, when he met with kit at the house, he held back some modicrum of control. Its that female aunt who insinuated that Vil was going to be leaving Boston in a body bag that kit and gang should be worried about.

~Michael
We are not talking about harrasing Kit, we are talking killing Kit which is a whole different kettel of fish. If Zach bumped off both Vil and Kit then there would be no loss to Zach, he gets Stonebrook and control of the Vulpan family and fortune.
Zach and Jake and Maxine have bribed six of the other board members to help them unseat me. They’ve formed this nice little alliance to try to get rid of me. Kit, they’re willing to hurt the business, even drive us to the brink of bankruptcy, in order to make me a disaster as the CEO and force me to quit, which would let Zach step in and lead the company back to profitability
Why are worrying about Zach's minion Maxine? Maxine formed an Alliance with Zach as the head. Zach is calling the shots because he is the eldest, that is the old time Vulpan tradition. The Eldest male leads. Kit's father was the eldest followed by Zach, then Maxine, then Jacob, then Sarah, then Tom and finally Brian. So to their warped rules since Kit was disowned Zach as the next eldest would lead. They followed the British Tradtion that rule passed from First born Son to First born son.
The Mizriath Jihad is on hold.....for the moment