Kit - Chapter 26 - Spoilers

Caution: Spoilers
Discussions all around the Kittstrom Lucas Vulpan story.

Moderator: Sennadar Moderators

Forum rules
Please Read the forum rules.
kabalman2000
Sorcerer

Kit - Chapter 26 - Spoilers

Post by kabalman2000 »

Kit, Kit, Kit (shakes head), alcohol is not the way to cure hangovers. Trying to cure a hangover with alcohol is like trying to cure sunburn with a cold bath, it doesn't work and it's bad for you.

Alcohol is a poison and your body processes it out of your system through the liver with final waste products through the kidneys. The kidneys use water to get the stuff out of your system. What a hangover is is de-hydration. More alcohol only means more de-hydration.

The cure for a hangover is water. Drinking a pint or two of water with your aspirin will do the most to cure a hangover quickly. The preventative for a hangover is also water. If you're drinking, have one eight ounce glass of water for each drink (shot, 12 oz beer, 6 oz wine) while your drinking.

One does hate to see a fur passing on such poor advice to today's youth. I hope this helps for the next time Sheila tries to corrupt you. And there will be a next time; that fur is persistent if nothing else. You should really consider an article about this in Lone Star, you do cater to the college crowd after all.
Last edited by kabalman2000 on Fri Nov 28, 2008 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kabalman2000
Sorcerer

Re: Kit - Chapter 26 - Spoilers

Post by kabalman2000 »

Editing note: The first morning of their stay at the Liberty needs to have one of the following changes made to be temporally correct.

a) They have to get up about eight instead of about nine.
-or-
b) Vil has to be picking them up at noon with an eleven wake-up (instead of 11 and 10).
-or-
c) They only spend one hour having fun instead of two.
miraborn
Da'Shar

Re: Kit - Chapter 26 - Spoilers

Post by miraborn »

Due to Fel's advanced degree in Temporal Mechanics, we have seen yet again how 90% of a chapter can cover 2 days, and the remaining 10% covers three weeks.

Question: Fel - did you intentionally leave out the surprise that Vil was going to publish in the Sun against Cybil?
Kit Chapter 26 wrote:“Oh, by the way, next week, you should pick up the Sun from an international newsstand and read it.”
“The English one? Are you going after Cybil now?”
She smiled and nodded. “She’s had a few months to think that I’ve forgotten all about her and that she’s safe, so now I start skinning her out of her mangy hide one little strip at a time,” she said vindictively. “The first shot will be fired Monday morning, after the Sun prints a very revealing little investigative article about Lady Cybil Whitmore.” She looked at Jessie. “As promised, Jess, I’m gonna make her hurt.”
“Good,” Jessie said, taking a rather savage bite out of her scone.
Several weeks passed in the rest of the chapter with no mention. I, for one, am looking forward to this with about the same level of enthusiasm as Jessie. :twisted:

Another inconsistency is related to the basketball game. Vil was chatting with Kit and Jessie in the hotel:
Kit Chapter 26 wrote:“Basketball,” she said with a little sigh, rolling her eyes. “The Celtics play tonight, so I borrowed the box and courtside tickets from Uncle Brian.”
“Which explains why we’re in jeans and tee shirts,” Kit chuckled.
“Well, it should be good, they’re playing the Charlotte Bobcats, and both are gonna make the playoffs,” Vil noted. “Well, bro, you ready to face Boston?”
Followed by this when they are at the game:
Kit Chapter 26 wrote:The Celtics were playing the Charlotte Bobcats tonight, which most were expecting to be a steamroll game since the Celtics had already clinched a playoff spot and the Bobcats weren’t doing too well this year, but were in the running for the last playoff spot.
It was indeed a steamroll, but it was still a lot of fun.
This surprised me, as I was expecting a description of a good game, not a steamroll. Ah well.

My $0.02

-M