Kit - Chapter 25 - Spoilers

Caution: Spoilers
Discussions all around the Kittstrom Lucas Vulpan story.

Moderator: Sennadar Moderators

Forum rules
Please Read the forum rules.
kabalman2000
Sorcerer

Kit - Chapter 25 - Spoilers

Post by kabalman2000 »

Another good chapter.

But Kit certainly isn't as poor as I thought. With 1000 shares of being 1.666% of the stock and Vil's 66.666% pulling in $12 million in dividends, that gets Kit about 200 thousand after tax dollars a year. Which would allow him to buy a pretty darn nice house free and clear within 3 to 5 years just off that money. And it's not his only investment. Yes, the Vulpan's have a very different definition of poor than most other people :D .

And it seems pretty obvious that Vil is scheming to acquire Kit his own personal jet. The interesting thing is how she's going to get him to accept it (considering a used one goes for $5 million or so). This will get interesting when Fel gets back around to it.
J-Man5
Mi'Shara

Re: Kit - Chapter 25 - Spoilers

Post by J-Man5 »

The thing is 200K is more than enough to buy a house in most of Texas. And a lot of other reasonably priced areas. Sorry East coast and West coast people. We know all the stock market troubles come from over inflated housing prices in those areas particularly. I think it's neat how Fel wrapped his anger of the market issues into pointing to the problem when Kit interviewed Hillary. And that he made her into a Raccoon. I hope she had the bandit mask on her. It would be so fitting.

J-Man5
Fel
Weavespinner

Post by Fel »

kabalman2000 wrote:Another good chapter.

But Kit certainly isn't as poor as I thought. With 1000 shares of being 1.666% of the stock and Vil's 66.666% pulling in $12 million in dividends, that gets Kit about 200 thousand after tax dollars a year. Which would allow him to buy a pretty darn nice house free and clear within 3 to 5 years just off that money. And it's not his only investment. Yes, the Vulpan's have a very different definition of poor than most other people :D .

And it seems pretty obvious that Vil is scheming to acquire Kit his own personal jet. The interesting thing is how she's going to get him to accept it (considering a used one goes for $5 million or so). This will get interesting when Fel gets back around to it.
Actually, the combined dividends of the stocks would gross him about $140,000 a year after taxes. Vil gets more because of how her CEO contract is set up, her dividend is calculated as a weighted percentage of the gross profit, before it's divided between the company and the stockholders, which means she earns more per stock than the others on the dividend. To say it in simple terms, she earns a dividend based on the gross profit of the companies, where the other stockholders earn based on the net profit.

As I think you've noticed, everything in the Vulpan companies has always heavily favored the CEO, feeding on the "king of the family" mantra that pervades their family structure. Maybe now you understand why Zach was so hot to take control of the companies instead of giving it to Vil.

And yes, the Vulpans DO see "poor" in a different light. ;)

They think Vil is poor, because she only has a net worth, not counting her stocks, of about $17 million. But, if you factor in the value of her shares of the 3 Vulpan companies, her net worth is approximately $3.1 BILLION dollars, based on how much a share of Vulpan stock would go for if it was traded publicly. However, since the Vulpan stocks are closed and are never sold, their intrinsic values are basically ignored except for the dividend potential they give the holder. After all, she CANNOT sell her stocks, it's a direct part of her contract as the CEO and the means by which she holds power in the family and the company. She'd be a maniac to sell them anyway.

Kit was no fool when he had Vil work it to get him Vulpan stocks. He knew that they'd be rock-solid dependable income for life. It was something of a sacrifice on his part, if you think about it, since he doesn't really want anything to do with the family fortune. But he's also not so proud that he doesn't see that with a baby on the way, financial security must take precedence over his pride. With the Vulpan stocks, Kit is literally going to be earning 2 incomes, which frees up Jessie to do what she WANTS, not what she HAS to do.

It's always all about Jessie, and their baby, in his mind.

Jessie hasn't quite made the connection yet. When she sees the first quarterly dividends that are disbursed in April, she's going to be in for quite a shock. She's an English major, not an accountant.

Kit isn't just going to squirrel it away. Using the dividend money, he's going to invest more heavily in the magazine, give it a cash infusion to give them a chance to see how fast they can expand. It's the other parts of his investment portfolio that are going to be saved to build up a fund for the kids. Kit fully intends to pass on not just money, but a thriving business to his children, the same way Arthur Vulpan, the founder of Vulpan Shipyards, passed on his successful shipyard down to his family.

And is Vil trying to give him a personal jet? Well, she's thinking about it. She understands Kit, she knows that he only knuckles under when given something he NEEDS, not necessarily something she thinks he should have. But a jet...well, that would be a gray area, and a serious moral quandary for Kit. His boyhood dream would war against his desire to stay independent of the Vulpan family, for taking something like that would just let Vil sink her claws into him that much more deeply. She's already managed to get a hold on him, and now he knows she's going to become very, very persistent about making him take what she believes the family owes him, six years of back pay for their mistreatment of him.

Vil isn't done with him yet, though, that's for certain. ;)
Just another guy from the shallow end of the gene pool.
zedd
Sui'Kun

Post by zedd »

Will we see in future chapters what happened (or will happen-I'm not sure of the time line) to Kit step mom after she got back to england?
kabalman2000
Sorcerer

Post by kabalman2000 »

Thanks, Fel. I knew there'd be some suitably Vulpan machinations going on there.

Oooh! I can see Vil saying, "I'm sorry Kit, but you have to take the jet. The only hanger space anywhere withing 200 miles will only take jets." Mwa hahaha! :twisted: Or, "The only way I could get hanger space was to buy the CJ2 that goes in that spot. Now, I don't have need for the jet, but you could use it." :lol:

No, Vil probably won't be that direct. Something with Jessie and the baby, that's where she'll need to go. This'll be fun.
zedd
Sui'Kun

Post by zedd »

kabalman2000 wrote: ...
No, Vil probably won't be that direct. Something with Jessie and the baby, that's where she'll need to go. This'll be fun.
She will probably offer a jet to the magazine. That way Kit can fly it without it being a present to him personally.
dellstart
Child of Niami

Post by dellstart »

zedd wrote:
kabalman2000 wrote: ...
She will probably offer a jet to the magazine. That way Kit can fly it without it being a present to him personally.
yes , that's how she would go about it. A shrewd lass she is.
Fel
Weavespinner

Post by Fel »

zedd wrote:Will we see in future chapters what happened (or will happen-I'm not sure of the time line) to Kit step mom after she got back to england?
Oh yes, news on Vil's war against Cybil Whitmore is definitely going to show up in later chapters. She just hasn't really started in on her yet. Remember, Vil wants her to settle in, feel like she's safe, that she's out of reach the Vulpans, THEN she's going to crush her.

Vil can be mean like that. Actually, it's one of the qualities that makes her a good CEO.
zedd wrote:She will probably offer a jet to the magazine. That way Kit can fly it without it being a present to him personally.
Dammit, now I have to change the storyline! *cookie for zedd*
zedd
Sui'Kun

Post by zedd »

Fel wrote: Dammit, now I have to change the storyline! *cookie for zedd*
Thank you for the cookie :D But I really, really hope you are joking about changing the story. I would feel bad if you decide to change the story because I guessed something :(
Spec8472
Weavespinner

Post by Spec8472 »

zedd wrote:
Fel wrote: Dammit, now I have to change the storyline! *cookie for zedd*
Thank you for the cookie :D But I really, really hope you are joking about changing the story. I would feel bad if you decide to change the story because I guessed something :(
Don't feel too bad. Sometimes I think Fel just likes completely changing various bits of a story.

A great hint that things are about to change is when he tells you in great detail just what is planned for the story line. You're fairly much guaranteed that that's NOT how it's going to work out :)
Fel
Weavespinner

Post by Fel »

Hush you, you're giving away all my evil secrets!
Spec8472
Weavespinner

Post by Spec8472 »

Fel wrote:Hush you, you're giving away all my evil secrets!
I'm just giving you the opportunity to change the plan again :P
Fel
Weavespinner

Post by Fel »

Pft, it's a combination of yall being too smart and me being not smart enough.

I have to keep you guessing. ;)
Spec8472
Weavespinner

Post by Spec8472 »

Fel wrote:Pft, it's a combination of yall being too smart and me being not smart enough.

I have to keep you guessing. ;)
You can overcome us being too smart by releasing chapters really rapidly, and not giving us the time to ponder on the consequences of the latest plot turn :D

*hides*
Fel
Weavespinner

Post by Fel »

Fine. From this day forth, I will release an update to a chapter on a sentence by sentence basis. And if that's not rapid enough, I'll release a new version of a chapter every time a new character is typed. ;)