Kit - Chapter 25 - Spoilers

Caution: Spoilers
Discussions all around the Kittstrom Lucas Vulpan story.

Moderator: Sennadar Moderators

Forum rules
Please Read the forum rules.
J-Man5
Mi'Shara

Re: Kit - Chapter 25 - Spoilers

Post by J-Man5 »

Cool Streaming Chapters. Probably can patent that idea and sell it to the publishing houses.

J-Man5
Fel
Weavespinner

Post by Fel »

It would be interesting, seeing how an author actually does it...and you can see how much he misspells words and has to backspace.

Would probably be easier for me than other authors, because I do write in a linear fashion. I rarely write a chapter out of order. I think I've only done it like 4 times in the 24 years I've been writing. It's a holdover to the days when I used to write longhand in spiral notebooks. It's very, very, very hard to edit by ripping pages out of a spiral and trying to glue them back into the spiral in a different place. ;)
Just another guy from the shallow end of the gene pool.
J-Man5
Mi'Shara

Post by J-Man5 »

So would a backspace count as breaking the stream or additional characters in the stream with the stream becoming 2 directional?

J-Man5
Spec8472
Weavespinner

Post by Spec8472 »

Backspaces are just another character - That's why there's the geek "^H" and "^W" jokes.
("^H" being backspace single character and "^W" being a word.)

Also, the streaming protocol for this is really easy to work out and can be done as a MS Word plugin (no, really). :)
Mizriath
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Mizriath »

Far from me being ungrateful... I better say thank you to FEL for Chapter 25. I checked and I have not said my thanks, after finish reading it.

The Media baron is coming. I wonder whether the Vulpan media empire will be bigger than the shipyards. One day. Media is a direct stable consumer business which is scalable and good growth if managed. Well shipyards are steel business and if the navies are not growing... well it will not grow. But it is still a stable business. (PS.. I am technically working in the steel business.. working for others.)
The sea flows as long as Earth exist, Love is alive as long as people exist. I will read Fel's stories as long as my heart still beats.
Phantom
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Phantom »

Spec8472 wrote:
Fel wrote:Pft, it's a combination of yall being too smart and me being not smart enough.

I have to keep you guessing. ;)
You can overcome us being too smart by releasing chapters really rapidly, and not giving us the time to ponder on the consequences of the latest plot turn :D

*hides*

Don't forget how he allso Fib's when you guess Major plot points several chapters ahead
of him writing them ..... =P

Damn Kimdori

Aww to hell with the Kimdori ...Fel acts like a Vorlon a lot of the time :roll: :wink:

Phantom
And in the fury of this darkest hour
I will be your light
A lifetime for this destiny
For I am Winter born
And in this moment..I will not run
It is my place to stand
We few shall carry hope
Within our bloodied hands
(bloodied hands)
And in our Dying, we're more alive-than we have ever been
I've lived for these few seconds
For I am Winter born
The CruxShadows "Winterborn" (This Sacrifice)