KIT - Chapter 20 [Spoilers]

Caution: Spoilers
Discussions all around the Kittstrom Lucas Vulpan story.

Moderator: Sennadar Moderators

Forum rules
Please Read the forum rules.
Mizriath
Leaders of the Off-Topic

KIT - Chapter 20 [Spoilers]

Post by Mizriath »

Fel,

Thanks for the Chapter 20.

I wonder whether it is the last chapter. Somehow it feels like not ended yet and there is something you still want to say and building up to. .... like waiting for the other shoe to drop. It could just be my imagination.

The success story of KIT's future and how he build is going to build his media empire. Controlling the media business in the country.
Last edited by Spec8472 on Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Altering subject line - makes it easier for RSS Readers
The sea flows as long as Earth exist, Love is alive as long as people exist. I will read Fel's stories as long as my heart still beats.
Fel
Weavespinner

Re: KIT - Chapter 20 [Spoilers]

Post by Fel »

Yes, there will be subsequent chapters.

I intend to leave Kit virtually open-ended, so I always have a fallback option if I'm hit with writer's block. Kit is ridiculously easy to write and requires almost no background work.

I'll flesh it out a few chapters after I finish Spirit Walker, then move on to Unification.
Just another guy from the shallow end of the gene pool.
dellstart
Child of Niami

Post by dellstart »

Fel wrote:Yes, there will be subsequent chapters.

I intend to leave Kit virtually open-ended, so I always have a fallback option if I'm hit with writer's block. Kit is ridiculously easy to write and requires almost no background work.

I'll flesh it out a few chapters after I finish Spirit Walker, then move on to Unification.

woot!
miraborn
Da'Shar

Post by miraborn »

Nice choice of aircraft. Good single-engine plane. I'm curious as to why you chose that over a multi-engine -- you mention range in the chapter, but was there something more? I doubt cost is an issue, and with Kit's ratings, he could fly most anything that's got a piston engine, especially with newer FADEC and G1000 instrumentation.

-M
Fel
Weavespinner

Post by Fel »

The Cessna (Columbia) 400 is probably the most powerful single engine piston out there. It actually rates as a utility craft, meaning a pilot would usually have to rate on it to fly it, and get any insurance that didn't cost the plane's value every year. It falls in a "gray area" because it's clearly a private aircraft, but yet exceeds 200 knots and has a TKS anti-icing system, which bumps it up to utility class.

Anyhow....

When Vil bought the plane, she knew Kit had a multi-engine rating (she's anything but thorough) but actually liked the look of the 400 over most multiprops, as well as its systems. The 400 has almost as much range as most multis (it's capable of flying from from Austin to Cincinnati nonstop, which was a BIG thing Vil wanted it to do)...about the only thing the 400 lacks over multi props is retractable landing gear and a pressurized cockpit.

She actually considered giving him a VLJ first (Very Light Jet) first, but she knows he's not rated to fly one. He was in the middle of getting his general jet rating when he was hit by the car, so he never finished it.

I'll probably go into more boring detail about the dusty rules of flying in later chapters, since Kit now has an airplane. ;)
Just another guy from the shallow end of the gene pool.
Lochar
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Lochar »

What is it with you and giving your people aircraft?

Jason had his little day cruiser.

Kit's got the 400.

Tarrin had his fire/air elementals. And WINGS!
Ignorance is bliss, knowledge is power. Are the powerful very unhappy?

Support my brother.
http://www.justiceformichael.com