About the new story

Caution: Spoilers
Discussions all around the Kittstrom Lucas Vulpan story.

Moderator: Sennadar Moderators

Forum rules
Please Read the forum rules.
Olli
Novice

About the new story

Post by Olli »

I do like it, I gotta say. But...

There is some sorta urgency that keeps popping in on the story. I'm always waiting for something to happen and it's driving me to destraction.
It's a good start so far, but I'm waiting for the guns to blaze and I don't think I'm supposed to be.

For a romance story this is too fast (IMO) but as Fel said this is new grounds. So far it's lived up to, and over what I was expecting and I'm willing to see it to the end. But!..

I'll be waiting for updates on Tarrins or Jasons world. (And of Fox of course). 8)
Fel
Weavespinner

Re: About the new story

Post by Fel »

I know it's moving fast for a romance story, because it's not meant to be very long. So, put in terms of the projected length of the story, I think it's proportional. ;)

This story will also deal with a few issues that are a little different from usual romance. My intent is to take two people basicly made for each other and expose them to external pressures, not internal conflicts that create drama. This is a story more about "love at first sight" tested by the histories and situations of the two actors, because there will be little internal conflict dealing with personality clashes between Kit and Jessie, at least in this story. If I ever decide to expand on it, I could easily do something a little more traditional.

And, as you pointed out, this is new territory for me. I'm keeping it short so I don't totally screw it up. Brevity is the life preserver of the knave.

As to waiting for something to happen...please. Since when have I ever written a story where somebody didn't die? Just usually not the main characters. ;)
Just another guy from the shallow end of the gene pool.
Fiferguy
Cloudy, 12C, to -2C o/n with a chance of scattered postings

Post by Fiferguy »

Fel wrote:Since when have I ever written a story where somebody didn't die? Just usually not the main characters. ;)
And yet you kill Tarrin twice... And almost kill Jason off too... Hmm... :twisted:
Lochar
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Lochar »

Death is just a minor inconvenience.
Ignorance is bliss, knowledge is power. Are the powerful very unhappy?

Support my brother.
http://www.justiceformichael.com
Edengrave
Sorcerer

Post by Edengrave »

Finaly went and read it.

finally found some time this week-end. Really wanted to know what kind of story inspired you so much chapters come out like there's no tomorrow...is getting out of your usual niche so refreshing?

So it's romance huh? it's nice to finaly come out of the closet.

As always an excellent and enjoyable read, though not on the rarefied level of your other works.it's interesting to see your style tried on a different genre, and in a universe you share with others still.

I had some fun trying to isolate stuff in common with the characters of Sennadar and the Empire
“So he drove out the man; and he placed at the east of the garden of Eden Cherubims, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life.”
- Ge 3:24
Mizriath
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Mizriath »

And I was wondering what the common thread where - he has that special white fur ---- ala Tarrin and Miiari - Does it have some special significance.. But then this is a romantic story - no big heroics

except that maybe --- the judge threw out the will, and he became the new big boss - and da di dum..
The sea flows as long as Earth exist, Love is alive as long as people exist. I will read Fel's stories as long as my heart still beats.
Edengrave
Sorcerer

Post by Edengrave »

off topic. just had to ask. what is to stop u from being crazy creative and lazy? 8)
“So he drove out the man; and he placed at the east of the garden of Eden Cherubims, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life.”
- Ge 3:24