Links to Good Reading (Part 2)

Story Announcements, Links, almost anything goes here...
No Spoilers

Moderator: Sennadar Moderators

Forum rules
Important: No Spoilers in this forum
Read the more detailed forum rules for more info.
Monbade
Talent

Re: Links to Good Reading (Part 2)

Post by Monbade »

My stuff has moved from its old location on proboards to its perm sight at
http://newfederation.net

I write military scifi, Fantasy, I have a donation board up and hidden boards that when you post comments when you reach the right number a new board is reveiled along with a story

monbade
"Chief's have been taking care of this man's navy for a long time, Mr. Caldwell. Don't worry about him, he's got a lot of good sailors to take care of back there."

John Wayne in Operation Pacific
sksperry
Talent

Post by sksperry »

Hey, folks. Thanks for recommending DARKSIDE. I'm glad you liked it.
Downdude
Katzh-dashi

Post by Downdude »

I did enjoy reading Darkside. I can't wait for the sequel. :)
sksperry
Talent

Post by sksperry »

The sequel is finished. I'm not sure if I'll publish online, as I would actually like to get paid for my writing someday. :-)

However, if anyone would like to read the sequel, just visit my website and click on the link to email me. Ask for Darkside: Waking the Dead, and I'll send it to you in .rtf format.

I'm only making this offer here, in this forum. All I ask is that you tell people about Darkside. The more people who read it, the better.

Be Well, Live Well.

S.K.S. Perry
lagomilo
Sorcerer

Post by lagomilo »

sksperry wrote:The sequel is finished. I'm not sure if I'll publish online, as I would actually like to get paid for my writing someday. :-)

However, if anyone would like to read the sequel, just visit my website and click on the link to email me. Ask for Darkside: Waking the Dead, and I'll send it to you in .rtf format.

I'm only making this offer here, in this forum. All I ask is that you tell people about Darkside. The more people who read it, the better.

Be Well, Live Well.

S.K.S. Perry
Hello Perry,
Love your book and just sent you an email. I would love to reread the darside book in rtf format and the new one also.

Again great read,

lago
avitchel
Sorcerer

Post by avitchel »

Agreed, this was a very good story with some fun and unique views of things 'eternal'. I'm going to send an email myself and believe me, I'll spread the word!
kaas
Novice

Post by kaas »

Just wanted to tell that I enjoyed the book. I am looking forward to read the second one :D
Fel
Weavespinner

Post by Fel »

sksperry wrote:The sequel is finished. I'm not sure if I'll publish online, as I would actually like to get paid for my writing someday. :-)

Be Well, Live Well.

S.K.S. Perry
Bah, who needs to be paid for writing. I certainly haven't had any problems so far. ;)

Hell, the only reason I want published is because it's easier for people to read my stories when they see it on a bookshelf rather than try to find it on the internet, when they have no idea what they're looking for. ;)

The money? Just an added bonus.
Just another guy from the shallow end of the gene pool.
borsic
Sorcerer

Post by borsic »

Karl Schroeder has released the novel Ventus under the Creative Commons licence: http://www.kschroeder.com/Ventus/

It's a Science Fiction novel, about a planet where everything is infiltrated by nanobots and aware: animals, plants, stones... Only, the 'bots don't seem to like humans too much.

Quite an enjoyable read
Peter_Koopman
Initiate

Post by Peter_Koopman »

sksperry wrote:However, if anyone would like to read the sequel, just visit my website and click on the link to email me. Ask for Darkside: Waking the Dead, and I'll send it to you in .rtf format.
I liked the first book very much. So my email will be arriving in your mailbox any minute now. :D
"Fear is the main source of superstition, and one of the main sources of cruelty.
To conquer fear is the beginning of wisdom."
gesit
Sui'Kun

Post by gesit »

roger that m8
loved reading it
thanks

ham
dellstart
Child of Niami

Post by dellstart »

thanks you!

I'M always on the look out for something good to read!
Monbade
Talent

Post by Monbade »

Monbade wrote:My stuff has moved from its old location on proboards to its perm sight at
http://newfederation.net

I write military scifi, Fantasy, I have a donation board up and hidden boards that when you post comments when you reach the right number a new board is reveiled along with a story

monbade

I just published book 1 of the Destroyers at Lulu.com

the address is http://stores.lulu.com/monbade and its 555 pages in soft and hardback or you can get it in ebook.

mon
Edengrave
Sorcerer

Post by Edengrave »

http://darkicon.com/Library/

Original fiction.
not sure if the link has been posted before. Probably has been, in which case I apologize, but I was very surprised not to have discovered this site a long time ago. Its always the same story. just when you think you've read everything....anyway definitely recommend the December novels http://www.darkicon.com/Library/DragonsInn/. just like Sennadar, its better than 99.6% of the dead tree novels out there. I am AMAZED this hasn't been published.
very dark fantasy. The December series, is probably one of the highest quality of this genre I've read. very long, and incredibly deep. I was captivated. check it out
“So he drove out the man; and he placed at the east of the garden of Eden Cherubims, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life.”
- Ge 3:24
Aightaight
Initiate

Post by Aightaight »

A very good story that disappeared from the web in 2005 has since been reposted:
"The Persistence of Time" by Jim Cannon

http://www.temporalnexus.net/multiverse ... /index.php

It has been described as a "crossover of everything from Nightbane, Highlander, Gargoyle, Vampire, Werewolf, and Faerie, as well as some plain magic and even Wraith".