Lost & Found

Story Announcements, Links, almost anything goes here...
No Spoilers

Moderator: Sennadar Moderators

Forum rules
Important: No Spoilers in this forum
Read the more detailed forum rules for more info.
Tuga555
Sorcerer

Re: Lost & Found

Post by Tuga555 »

That's it
Thanks
michaelsuave
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by michaelsuave »

I'm looking to see if anybody knows where to find the "sea king" series that used to be on the website electronic wilderness publishing, also known as ewpub. It was about a young man who takes his first warrior contract on a ship that is attacked by pirates. It is set in a world where humans have a genetic aversion to ranged weapons, so trained melee warriors have a guild and take contracts in a semipost apocalypse world that is kind of in the future but civilization has devolved to sailing ships and swords. Frankly ewpub had a lot of good original fiction stories that I haven't seen any where else and would love to find again. Tips, links, or go fish cards are welcome!
michaelsuave
Tin Foil... Still putting down money that its the key for the defeat of the baddies...

Fel, Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Ahhh, its done... dang, now what am I going to read???
New books! Yay! let the nagging begin! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do!...

True, I really have nothing better to do in my free time, I mean, what could be better than reading Fel's stories or being messed with by Spec? Thanks for the fun spec!
Lokis Advisor
Initiate

Post by Lokis Advisor »

It is still available on SOL the Author is Colt45
Enjoy the time you spend having someone else expand your mind.
michaelsuave
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by michaelsuave »

Thanks! Does anybody know if the story Phoenix or other great tales from ewpub are also on stories online or some other website?
Tin Foil... Still putting down money that its the key for the defeat of the baddies...

Fel, Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Ahhh, its done... dang, now what am I going to read???
New books! Yay! let the nagging begin! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do!...

True, I really have nothing better to do in my free time, I mean, what could be better than reading Fel's stories or being messed with by Spec? Thanks for the fun spec!
Rambulator
Novice

Post by Rambulator »

Try Eric Storm's new site. He used to be ewpub.

http://www.wolfpub.org
Lokis Advisor
Initiate

Post by Lokis Advisor »

There is a story Rise of the Phoenix by Guyver on Gina Marie Wylie's site: http://www.beyondthefarhorizon.net

Quite a few authors went there after EWP died. As a bonus there is some great stories from others there as well
Enjoy the time you spend having someone else expand your mind.
Darksparkru2
Novice

Post by Darksparkru2 »

So I am looking for what is most likely a children's or young adult fantasy series. The books were lucky to hit at most 200 pages for the most part.

I can recall the details somewhat for sadly only a single book of the series. The main character had worked his way to being a journeyman mage, and was traveling around to gain more experience. He had gotten employed as a illusionist for a Midsummer's Night Dream. He then ended up getting involved in some kind of mystery or scandal involved in the play, solved it, and had to leave town in a hurry.

Sadly this is all I can remember. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Rhys898
Talent

Post by Rhys898 »

I'm looking for a story I've read on SOL before. Teen is in an award winning high school band at a school with a crappy football team. He is also somewhat socially and or physically disabled. His dad is a doctor. Some students from Canada come down to work on a project and he ends up with one of them. He also flies in the civil air patrol. It's a fairly long story.
Wolfee
Mi'Shara

Post by Wolfee »

I think I read the story on SOL - can't remember. But it is a story about a human who gets abducted or some how leaves earth. The one who abducts him or finds him and takes him all over the galaxy is a shape shifter or somekinda race that can change shape. She changes his shape and they explore, make money, invent some stuff. One of the things they do is go to a star system and record the death of a world where a young non-space fairing race lives when their star goes supernova and put a musical score to it and sell it. I think the Alien is named Keety or Keaty or something like that.

Anyone remember this? Pretty sure it was SOL or may be ASSTR possibly buy someone who wrote other sci-fi and then took it all down.
GBLW
Mi'Shara

Post by GBLW »

Wolfee wrote:I think I read the story on SOL - can't remember. But it is a story about a human who gets abducted or some how leaves earth. The one who abducts him or finds him and takes him all over the galaxy is a shape shifter or somekinda race that can change shape. She changes his shape and they explore, make money, invent some stuff. One of the things they do is go to a star system and record the death of a world where a young non-space fairing race lives when their star goes supernova and put a musical score to it and sell it. I think the Alien is named Keety or Keaty or something like that.

Anyone remember this? Pretty sure it was SOL or may be ASSTR possibly buy someone who wrote other sci-fi and then took it all down.
The story was titled "Time of Arrival," posted only on ASSTR and written by 'silli artie' - who unfortunately pulled all his stories a few years back, so if you didn't download a copy and save it yourself, you'll probably have to search for it on 'the wayback machine' or possibly on ASSTR's 'backup files.'
K Pelle aka GBLW
My recent stories are available at: http://www.grynenbayritpublications.com/
Wolfee
Mi'Shara

Post by Wolfee »

GBLW wrote:
Wolfee wrote:I think I read the story on SOL - can't remember. But it is a story about a human who gets abducted or some how leaves earth. The one who abducts him or finds him and takes him all over the galaxy is a shape shifter or somekinda race that can change shape. She changes his shape and they explore, make money, invent some stuff. One of the things they do is go to a star system and record the death of a world where a young non-space fairing race lives when their star goes supernova and put a musical score to it and sell it. I think the Alien is named Keety or Keaty or something like that.

The story was titled "Time of Arrival," posted only on ASSTR and written by 'silli artie' - who unfortunately pulled all his stories a few years back, so if you didn't download a copy and save it yourself, you'll probably have to search for it on 'the wayback machine' or possibly on ASSTR's 'backup files.'
Yup that was it! Thanks.
GBLW
Mi'Shara

Post by GBLW »

I thought so, and if I remember the story it was still unfinished when Artie closed down his postings.

BTW, has anyone heard anything from him since then?
K Pelle aka GBLW
My recent stories are available at: http://www.grynenbayritpublications.com/
the_scot
Sorcerer

Post by the_scot »

I remember a story on SOL about a computer web designer - host who decides to add a new employee and relocate to somewhere near Austin. Hires 2 female college students who transform his business and his life. I thought it was in my library, but I can't find it. Any suggestions? There was a segment regarding a company in Oxnard, CA, where an employee trashes the company's server room and the main character is brought in to play 'hero'.
zedd
Sui'Kun

Post by zedd »

Some similarities to genie chronicles, but it's not a perfect match: http://storiesonline.net/s/45492/genie-chronicles?ind=1

MC works as web designers, the genie changes his business and he helps restore a server room destroyed by lack of backups and a thunder storm I think (Been a while since I read this one).

But I don't remember 2 females being hired in the genie story :)

Regards
arargh
Katzh-dashi

Post by arargh »

Just My Luck
by Barneyr