Lost & Found

Story Announcements, Links, almost anything goes here...
No Spoilers

Moderator: Sennadar Moderators

Forum rules
Important: No Spoilers in this forum
Read the more detailed forum rules for more info.
Shadowhawk
Child of Niami

Lost & Found

Post by Shadowhawk »

I was thinking for a long time about companion thread to "Links to good reading...", namely "Lost & Found" thread, when we can describe the stories (or, in general, any sites and/or novels), and approximate location, with the hope that somebody there can have more luck in finding it. This should NOT be substitution for http://www.google.com (or any other search engine).

To admins: Could you make this thread sticky, preferably positioning it just below "Links to good reading..."? TIA.

To users: please mark requests (and answers) for erotic stories as such.
I AM DEATH, NOT TAXES. *I* TURN UP ONLY ONCE.
(Terry Pratchet, "Feet of Clay")
Solarstorm
Novice

Re: Lost & Found

Post by Solarstorm »

I read a great story in progress many years ago and lost the url.  I have tried to find it many times but have never been able to relocate it through a search.  It was written by an Australian college student.  I cant even remember the hero's name (Something Corwyn or so).  Hero is a hermit living in the wilderness (fled to escape memories and civilization after wife and sister are murdered while he is away).  In the dead of winter a woman shows up on his door step wounded.  He takes her in and nurses her.  Her enemies show up bust in his door and try to kill them both.  She wrangles him into taking her back to civilization.  They are follow and hunted my more of the enemy.  They have big hounds that have a poisonous bite.  He is a crack shot with his bow.  Turns out hes has magic potential and doesnt know it.  He is also immune to the dog's poison.  If anyone know's the story would appreciate you pointing me to the URL.  Thanks
straechav
Initiate

Post by straechav »

My bet is that you would be looking for story "Magic Gate", unfortunately the last time the story was updated was somewhere in 2001 or 2000.

There's only fourteen chapters of it at the moment. I followed the development of this story from the very start. It took him some two or three years to push out five chapters in the last update :p

But I think it's dead now.

You can find it here: http://www.magiclandstory.com
http://www.straechav.com: Life sucks, make it swallow.
Shadowhawk
Child of Niami

Post by Shadowhawk »

Long, long time ago I have read the erotic story.

It began with main character (narrator, male) watching enraptured his best friend smoking. Noticed fascination led to sex, then to dumping boyfriend by mentioned best friend. Main character didn't believed this wasn't dream, or one-time occurence. There was seduction to the "Satin Doll" song. The story wasn't that long, but was quite good.

I think I have found it on old http://www.hardcorestories.com (the site was since 'hijacked'), but searches in Internet Archive (aka. WayBack Machine) didn't give results.
I AM DEATH, NOT TAXES. *I* TURN UP ONLY ONCE.
(Terry Pratchet, "Feet of Clay")
Solarstorm
Novice

Post by Solarstorm »

straechav wrote:My bet is that you would be looking for story "Magic Gate", unfortunately the last time the story was updated was somewhere in 2001 or 2000.

There's only fourteen chapters of it at the moment. I followed the development of this story from the very start. It took him some two or three years to push out five chapters in the last update :p

Thanks that was it to bad the author hasnt continued the story it is a good one.
Phantom
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Phantom »

straechav wrote:My bet is that you would be looking for story "Magic Gate", unfortunately the last time the story was updated was somewhere in 2001 or 2000.

I send a E-mail to the Author and got a Reply back from him ..

Here's his Reply
===========================
Hi there

More chapters are being published soon, but as the length of the novel plans
to be quite long, I imagine it wouldn't finish any time soon.

Apology for such a long delay between the chapters - I will get there. ;>

regards
Earnest

===============================

It appears he's still working on it maybe he'll post more soon

Phantom
Last edited by Phantom on Wed Jun 01, 2005 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
And in the fury of this darkest hour
I will be your light
A lifetime for this destiny
For I am Winter born
And in this moment..I will not run
It is my place to stand
We few shall carry hope
Within our bloodied hands
(bloodied hands)
And in our Dying, we're more alive-than we have ever been
I've lived for these few seconds
For I am Winter born
The CruxShadows "Winterborn" (This Sacrifice)
Sancria
Da'Shar

Post by Sancria »

Ok, this is a good challenge.

I finished reading a novel online in about 98?-99?

It was a crossover of everything from Nightbane, Highlander, Gargoyle, Vampire, Werewolf, and Faerie, as well as some plain magic and even Wraith.

Main hero was called Percy, a greek immortal who used a titianium laminated serrated gladius. Other notable immortals were Methos, Duncan (who died), and the Kurgen (who got better it seems).

story was about the world ending (again) but basically, the immortals were mystical batteries who used themselves to fuel a counterspell to close off a rip in the fabric of reality.  The Wylde is mentioned at one point.

I know the story was finished, I can recall most of the story, but I REALLY wanna read it again.  I can't remember the title though.   If anyone could point me out to it, that would be great. (I remember it was hosted on a university ip, so I expect it was a student.)

Here's to hope.
I'd gladly travel back in time, except I would have to wait longer for the next chapter of Fel's work...sorry, pass.
zedd
Sui'Kun

Post by zedd »

i have been searching for a story that i read sometime ago with the following elements:
 a forrest guard in a forest watchtower
 a camp for children in the forest
 mafia trying to kill several people

I "think" it was on SOL, but i can't remember the story name or the author.
runninbear
Talent

Post by runninbear »

I think the story you are looking for is Watch Tower by
Nighthawk.
Edengrave
Sorcerer

Post by Edengrave »

hmmm
As for me it's a scifi novel I loved reading, but can't remember the title nor the author

The story start with the discovery of an Alien monster who basicaly ate his way through a planet. it happens that he has pretty strong psionic powers. the  alien later goes to earth where it starts devouring his way through Africa. it's  pretty much unstoppable and there's nothing the human race can do The story revolves around psionic powers, and later on in the story, it's discovered that the monster in question is a child of an even more powerfull race, and it's imprisoned in our galaxy. there's huge wall surounding the whole galaxy purpotely to stop it from wandering away, but also to stop any "inferior" race to get into the rest of the universe. the story ends, when humans finaly break that barrier through the use of their own evolved psionic powers. rings a bell? I would love to get my hand on that book again
“So he drove out the man; and he placed at the east of the garden of Eden Cherubims, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life.”
- Ge 3:24
Hearly
Speed Racer!

Post by Hearly »

edengrave wrote:hmmm
As for me it's a scifi novel I loved reading, but can't remember the title nor the author

The story start with the discovery of an Alien monster who basicaly ate his way through a planet. it happens that he has pretty strong psionic powers. the  alien later goes to earth where it starts devouring his way through Africa. it's  pretty much unstoppable and there's nothing the human race can do The story revolves around psionic powers, and later on in the story, it's discovered that the monster in question is a child of an even more powerfull race, and it's imprisoned in our galaxy. there's huge wall surounding the whole galaxy purpotely to stop it from wandering away, but also to stop any "inferior" race to get into the rest of the universe. the story ends, when humans finaly break that barrier through the use of their own evolved psionic powers. rings a bell? I would love to get my hand on that book again

Hmm, that sounds really cool I'd like to read this also.. anyone have any idea?
zedd
Sui'Kun

Post by zedd »

runninbear wrote:I think the story you are looking for is Watch Tower by
Nighthawk.
Any idea where i can find it?
Phantom
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Phantom »

zedd wrote: Any idea where i can find it?
Last i heard it had been pulled from the net

Phantom
Last edited by Phantom on Tue Jun 28, 2005 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
And in the fury of this darkest hour
I will be your light
A lifetime for this destiny
For I am Winter born
And in this moment..I will not run
It is my place to stand
We few shall carry hope
Within our bloodied hands
(bloodied hands)
And in our Dying, we're more alive-than we have ever been
I've lived for these few seconds
For I am Winter born
The CruxShadows "Winterborn" (This Sacrifice)
MISER
Katzh-dashi

Post by MISER »

OK Cool Sticky I'm slow getting around to reading recently...

I want to find some books I read in the early eighties. They were paperback Sci-Fic's. The hero was a young man born here earthside. I seem to remember he was found by a fellow adult psionic who was aggrivated by his mental crying.. He had enourmous telepathic/Psionic types of talent. He used to keep pebbles in his pockets which he used as weapons teleporting them through enemies as missiles etc.... he did travel to other worlds I remember one was a water based place where the main species was a sponge or coral I think. Anyway there were at least three or four of these book maybe more. But I dont remember the names of characters or authors or titles, the book covers were quite colorful.....

Any ideas and or help greatly appreciated folks...

Thanks in advance.

John
Last edited by MISER on Sat Jun 18, 2005 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IF ITS IN ALL CAPS "DEAL WITH IT!"
Have a good day or night or something.
Purrs and Growlls to you all !!!!!
John
knbnnate
Talent

Post by knbnnate »

Was the main character named Cat? Sounds a little bit like the Joan D. Vinge series that went Psion, Catspaw, Dreamfall... I really love that series. I wish she would continue the story.