Lost & Found

Story Announcements, Links, almost anything goes here...
No Spoilers

Moderator: Sennadar Moderators

Forum rules
Important: No Spoilers in this forum
Read the more detailed forum rules for more info.
keysersoze
Talent

Re: Lost & Found

Post by keysersoze »

I'm struggling to find a specific story I read a few months ago, normally I save them but haven't been able to find it and there are so many different sources and I don't remember enough about specific things to help narrow it down via my normal methods, hopefully someone can help me here. This is the little bits I can currently remember:

It was a male POV.
The main character lived with his family in a more wilderness setting and he also had multiple parents (mothers and fathers, who were well known in the world for previous actions) and I believe some siblings as well.
It had magic or something like that and there were some academy or schooling involved.
Towards the end of the story, he built his own home further into the wilderness with one of his mothers, using magic/skills.

Any help would be gratefully appreciated.
jjmgreen
Talent

Post by jjmgreen »

keysersoze, I believe you are looking for Heroes of Midlaris, on RoyalRoadl: https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/26883 ... f-midlaris
SoronelHaetir
Katzh-dashi

Post by SoronelHaetir »

FEL's Tarrin Kael firestaff novels kind of fit that description.
keysersoze
Talent

Post by keysersoze »

jjmgreen wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:49 pm keysersoze, I believe you are looking for Heroes of Midlaris, on RoyalRoadl: https://www.royalroad.com/fiction/26883 ... f-midlaris
Thanks, that might well be it - reading now.
soulz
Novice

Post by soulz »

I don't remember what author or name of this book was but the story is a space opera about a princess of a lost technological empire. The story starts out shes in an orphanage and escapes on a trader ship? later on in the story she battles an AI and near the end she has a battle 1v1 with the heir of a crime syndicate or something like that? Read this book years ago and I am looking for the sequel now but can't remember the name of author or book.
wetnomad
Katzh-dashi

Post by wetnomad »

soulz. I suspect you're looking for E. William Brown's 'Perilous Waif'', the first of what appeared to be a forthcoming series about Alice Long, a human(?) heir infused with the nanotech of her empire's rulers.
kyli
Mi'Shara

Post by kyli »

Oh boy, that guy. He's been working on book 2 for ages and it still isnt out yet. That I know of anyway unless he snuck it out recently which I'd be surprised. Haven't read Perilous Waif but I have read his Daniel Black series which is why I kindof follow him.
"I got stabbed. After 10 days of agony, the sword died."
crxbnt
Da'Shar

Post by crxbnt »

I keep checking, but I haven't seen any news of Book 2. Too bad because it is an excellent story that I would love to read more from!
soulz
Novice

Post by soulz »

Thanks! That's the one. I guess sales were too disappointing for him to write another book.
Edit: Checked his updates looks like he's releasing chapters on patreon and eta on book is 2021.
lagomilo
Sorcerer

Post by lagomilo »

looking for an old hard back book scifi - near future with global warming europe. The main character was a detective/troubleshooter( retired soldier with psychic ability- he could convince people). He met a girl at a bar(she was working there i think) and they shacked. he was contracted by some rich guy for work. thats about all i can remember.
wetnomad
Katzh-dashi

Post by wetnomad »

lagomilo. I suspect that's Peter F. Hamilton's 'Greg Mandel' trilogy. ' Mindstar Rising', 'A Quantum Murder' and 'The Nano Flower'. Good set of stories.
lagomilo
Sorcerer

Post by lagomilo »

wetnomad wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 6:30 am lagomilo. I suspect that's Peter F. Hamilton's 'Greg Mandel' trilogy. ' Mindstar Rising', 'A Quantum Murder' and 'The Nano Flower'. Good set of stories.
That's it. Thank you
Greymist
Weavespinner

Post by Greymist »

wetnomad wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 6:30 am lagomilo. I suspect that's Peter F. Hamilton's 'Greg Mandel' trilogy. ' Mindstar Rising', 'A Quantum Murder' and 'The Nano Flower'. Good set of stories.
Ohh, I haven't read Peter F. Hamilton in ages, I have a feeling I've read those books but I don't remember them. May have to revisit (/me adds to growing backlog).
D.F. Thompson
Sorcerer

Post by D.F. Thompson »

Ok looking for a sci fi story where the main character is a human mercenary/bounty hunter named Red Hawk who takes on his brother’s former crew after his brother gets killed on a mission
I know that the voices in my head aren't real.
But they do have some damned good ideas. = ~.^ =
zedd
Sui'Kun

Post by zedd »

Hello
I am looking for an old story, not sure if is a book or online story.

A man trying to live isolated from a others (maybe ex military? Not sure) is alone in a mountain or forest, doing a survey of the trees that can be cut later for the company he is working for. During a storm he finds a wolf pup that turns out to be a werewolf child without him knowing since she doesn’t change in front of him. Although he doesn’t know it he also is a werewolf but has never shifted (I don’t remember why).
He meets the alpha daughter and they later fall in love and he gets in a fight with someone from another pack because they want the daughter.

If this ring a bell to anyone....
Thank you