Lost & Found

Story Announcements, Links, almost anything goes here...
No Spoilers

Moderator: Sennadar Moderators

Forum rules
Important: No Spoilers in this forum
Read the more detailed forum rules for more info.
shade656
Talent

Re: Lost & Found

Post by shade656 »

Hello,

I am hoping someone can help me find this story I read awhile back. It's about a super villain named Wraith, who can manipulate shadows. He lives in a mega city that stretches from the eastern seaboard to the western seaboard of the U.S. He grew up in one of the cities walled off slums. He stole the special suit/costume he wears. His hideout is above a bar located in the the slums, which I think is called Roses's Cantina, and run by his friend who fixes the suit/creates weapons for him. The lead hero I believe is Patriot, and the super villain is Malcontent I think. The government has become tyrannical masquerading as a democracy. I have no idea where online I read this story at, so any help finding it again is much appreciated.
Evodavich
Novice

Post by Evodavich »

Hello again looking for an old shadow run fan fiction sieres, its about a assassin that quit after faking his death so that the company that raised and trained him donesnt come looking for him. Assassin name was grey and can't remember his other name, his teams is a orc rigger and decker, elf mage and a human and dwarf razor. he also dates a elf
zedd
Sui'Kun

Post by zedd »

Hi,
Those were Shapcano stories. He wrote 3 main stories (novels) and some small interludes too. His site is now down, but I found a mirror: http://www.kf5rsx.com/shapcanos-shadowr ... on-mirror/

Very good fanfiction.
The Thing
Initiate

Post by The Thing »

Hi, has anyone tried Geoff Wolak's works ? They do not belong to fantasy genre, nor Sci-fi, nor thriller or something. They are kind of a mix of all.

I came across him on storiesonline.

His site : http://www.geoffwolak-writing.com/
Disclaimer: I have no F'in idea if the technical mumbo jumbo I spew on here is even logically right or possible. Read at your own caution.
ralbloke
Sorcerer

Post by ralbloke »

The Thing wrote:Hi, has anyone tried Geoff Wolak's works ? They do not belong to fantasy genre, nor Sci-fi, nor thriller or something. They are kind of a mix of all.

I came across him on storiesonline.

His site : http://www.geoffwolak-writing.com/

I have read everything he has written and can recommend it very highly.
MrKoffee
Talent

Post by MrKoffee »

Thanks for all the links to books I've never lost or found! I have now enjoyed reading most of them :wink: :P

Now I'm searching for a book I've lost. I think the link was found on this site but I've dug through here and haven't re-found it.

fantasy setting

Young man is traveling to a city to enroll in a university/college/training facility. Along the way he finds that if he stops in the villages and accepts 'quests' from the mayor he can gain bounty points. this allows him to become more known as a monster hunter which increases his chances of getting into the school of choice. He ends up freeing a noble woman's son from the influence of a vampire and she adopts him as a non-inheriting member of her family. He also binds the vampire to himself.

The story is incomplete but I' really enjoyed reading it up to the point it ended.

thanks for any suggestions as I'm sure they'll be worth reading even if they aren't the story I'm looking for :D
firedrake3
Katzh-dashi

Post by firedrake3 »

Hi
I'm looking for a book.

Science fiction

spaceship crewed by young crew from waterworld (bubble of water encased in some sort of force field, everyone breathes through water)
shortly after they leave their world they get attacked by space pirates.
Almost everything gets stolen from their ship.
They meet some other aliens
I don't remember the title or the author.
It's driving me crazy.
An objective definition of "Political Correctness":

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical, liberal minority, and
rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the
proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
firedrake3
Katzh-dashi

Post by firedrake3 »

Phew.
After hours of searching, finally i remembered it:
Aaron Rosenberg - The Tales of the Scattered Earth - The Birth of the Dread Remora
An objective definition of "Political Correctness":

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical, liberal minority, and
rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the
proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
rokingjaat
Talent

Post by rokingjaat »

Hey guys
Read a story titled Leefstic sometime ago and want to read it again
can some1 tell me where i can find it
or if some1 got a copy
thanx
Nate
Novice

Post by Nate »

rokingjaat
Talent

Post by rokingjaat »

thanx nate
rokingjaat
Talent

Post by rokingjaat »

Btw any1 got a copy of Indomitus Oriens - Books 3 in The Fovean Chronicles by Robert W. Brady ???

thanx for help
obitus018
Talent

Post by obitus018 »

MrKoffee wrote:Thanks for all the links to books I've never lost or found! I have now enjoyed reading most of them :wink: :P

Now I'm searching for a book I've lost. I think the link was found on this site but I've dug through here and haven't re-found it.

fantasy setting

Young man is traveling to a city to enroll in a university/college/training facility. Along the way he finds that if he stops in the villages and accepts 'quests' from the mayor he can gain bounty points. this allows him to become more known as a monster hunter which increases his chances of getting into the school of choice. He ends up freeing a noble woman's son from the influence of a vampire and she adopts him as a non-inheriting member of her family. He also binds the vampire to himself.

The story is incomplete but I' really enjoyed reading it up to the point it ended.

thanks for any suggestions as I'm sure they'll be worth reading even if they aren't the story I'm looking for :D
Not sure if the story was posted somewhere but it sounds The Road to Magic by Alexey Glushanovsky
MartinK
Da'Shar

Post by MartinK »

Jep, obitus, sounds like it. However, before anyone reads it they should be warned that its a russian author that got only his first book translated and there are no plans to ever translate the following books. I hate it when a story simply... stops in the middle without hope to read more. I even tried google trans, but that takes a lot longer to even understand a single sentence, no fun reading it that way. :-(
What does a signature tell us about a person that has a signature significantly longer than the text he posted in his last post?
MrKoffee
Talent

Post by MrKoffee »

Thanks for the suggestion of 'The Road to Magic by Alexey Glushanovsky'. This was not the story I'm looking for but it did turn into a good read :P