Lost & Found

Story Announcements, Links, almost anything goes here...
No Spoilers

Moderator: Sennadar Moderators

Forum rules
Important: No Spoilers in this forum
Read the more detailed forum rules for more info.
ralbloke
Sorcerer

Re: Lost & Found

Post by ralbloke »

the_scot wrote:According to Green Dragon, those are the only 3 of his stories out there. He's been working off and on on a prequel, but at this point nothing has been published and there is no specific universe for the series.
You people are, as usual brilliant.

It is the AJ Asher stuff I was after. Thanks
the_scot
Sorcerer

Post by the_scot »

joewolf wrote:Looking for a story on SOL about a teen boy from Australia who looses all of his family except his father. They move to the US. Was reading it but lost the page and cannot find it.

Thanks,
Joe
The Story is Finding Home by Ernest Bywater, who is also working with me to complete Shiloh.
baochou
Novice

Post by baochou »

I'm looking for a story about a football player who went to school to become a lawyer. He graduated but did not show up for draft because he was studying.... went on to play football also.
fortress
Sorcerer

Post by fortress »

baochou wrote:I'm looking for a story about a football player who went to school to become a lawyer. He graduated but did not show up for draft because he was studying.... went on to play football also.
I really liked this story the first time I read it, highly recommend.

Path to Glory by Brendan Buckley
http://storiesonline.net/s/56290

"R.J. Hartley is a small-town boy with big-time plans -- and the skills to make his dreams come true. The road to success is filled with ups and downs (and occasional ins and outs) until his goals finally meet reality. "
baochou
Novice

Post by baochou »

Thank you very much. I love the story also... been looking for it for the past month and did not have any luck so i thought I would ask. :D
Greymist
Weavespinner

Post by Greymist »

You know, I think the higher than normal activity in this thread has to do with Fel withdrawl ;)

I'm currently reading An Officer's Duty (read A Soldier's Duty already) in the "Theirs Not to Reason Why" series which was recommended on here recently, quite enjoying it.
Mizriath
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Mizriath »

Have to do something to past the time. :)

I trawl here to see if anyone finds some interesting reads.
The sea flows as long as Earth exist, Love is alive as long as people exist. I will read Fel's stories as long as my heart still beats.
obitus018
Talent

Post by obitus018 »

[quote="Dvorak"]Hey, several years ago I read a decent good book which I misplaced permanently shortly after. I haven't had any luck looking for it on my own and given the active reading population I figure it's worth a short asking if anyone here has heard of it. See the problem is I don't remember the title, the author, or any character names, though I do remember the general plot.

* Main Character is the son of a High General something or another who is friends with the King. He grows up intending to take over his fathers position and is brought up along side the King's son who eventually serves as the primary antagonist.
* Random girl is burned at the stake because she has strange eyes (red and green?) Main Character helps her die quickly and in return she does something to him (knocks him out, his eyes change, etc etc)
* Later, Main Character gets killed, instead of dying his spirit/soul or whatever in transferred into whoever killed him.
* Bunch of bad romance happens with a Queen of another kingdom, who ironically, is the daughter of a man the Main Character's new body killed (Drama!)
* Main Character tries to kill king, who is courting the Queen, fails, gets outed as the one who killed her father and is sent away in exile.
* King sends assassin after the guy, kills him, Main Character is now in a girls body, book ends.

That's basically it, let me know if you've heard of it!
Thanks.[/quote]

I know this post quite old but I was reading the past posts looking for reading ideas and noticed no one had replied. Anyways I believe the story is Myrren's Gift by Fiona McIntosh part of series The Quickening
gnume
Sui'Kun

Post by gnume »

im searching for an story i read online some years ago. what i remember from it is :
an smiths apprentice is struck by lightning and gets reborn as a dwarf (by an tiger goddess)
he goes on to lead and evolve the dwarf race. and fund an religion about the goddess.
he learns magic.

that all i remember right now
wwlearp
Talent

Post by wwlearp »

A bit like Howard Faxon: Hammer Struck. http://storiesonline.net/s/73412
gnume
Sui'Kun

Post by gnume »

That it ! thank you.
gcomyn
Initiate

Post by gcomyn »

I'm looking for a series of stories that have the following:

The main character in the first story is a young boy who learns to travel to alternate worlds through a "gap" in the fabric of the universe

The "base" is at a place called Chocowinity, NC.

In the other world, he, or another character, is pretty good at "magic" (I think).

I can't remember the author or the name of the series or any of the stories in it... and I had my harddrive crash that had all of my stories on it, so I can't search there.

Thanks

GComyn
gcomyn
Initiate

Post by gcomyn »

Ok... I found it... it's called the Worlds of Light — a series by Sea-Life and it is on storiesonline. the url is

http://storiesonline.net/library/show_series.php?id=242

There are 12 stories in the series, and it starts with "The Light Behind The World"

Thanks

GComyn
PharMed2016
Talent

Post by PharMed2016 »

Anyone know whatever happened to RISQ - the author of the battlemage series? Please tell me he is still alive.

http://storiesonline.net/a/Risq
bjeane
Initiate

Post by bjeane »

the_scot wrote:
joewolf wrote:Looking for a story on SOL about a teen boy from Australia who looses all of his family except his father. They move to the US. Was reading it but lost the page and cannot find it.

Thanks,
Joe
The Story is Finding Home by Ernest Bywater, who is also working with me to complete Shiloh.

Shilo has been finished and is being posted on SOL one chapter at a time.