Lost & Found

Story Announcements, Links, almost anything goes here...
No Spoilers

Moderator: Sennadar Moderators

Forum rules
Important: No Spoilers in this forum
Read the more detailed forum rules for more info.
Bartokian
Novice

Re: Lost & Found

Post by Bartokian »

Eh,

you're right... That one is from Roadbug. Apparently, I mixed it up when saving it! Thanks for correcting me :oops:
DragonFlu
Talent

Post by DragonFlu »

This appears to be a site that his 2 stories are updated, although the one is still only chapter 19 his other one titled "Journey Of the Warrior" was updated last on 3-30-09

h**p://storiesonline.net/auth/Roadbug
kabalman2000
Sorcerer

Post by kabalman2000 »

Bartokian wrote:... stories from TerribleThom. Now I got curious enough to check out if he had anything new out since last year or so. And guess what: he apparently moved sites once more.
Does anybody know where he posts right now? ...
Hmmm ... It was SOL then yahoogroups then a private server then back to ThomsTales on yahoogroups. I just looked and that group has disappeared (There was a bit of flaming going on around the end of March, maybe he got po'd and dropped it). Try contacting him at terriblethom at yahoo dot com.
Phantom
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by Phantom »

kabalman2000 wrote:
Bartokian wrote:... stories from TerribleThom. Now I got curious enough to check out if he had anything new out since last year or so. And guess what: he apparently moved sites once more.
Hmmm ... It was SOL then yahoogroups then a private server then back to ThomsTales on yahoogroups. I just looked and that group has disappeared (There was a bit of flaming going on around the end of March, maybe he got po'd and dropped it). Try contacting him at terriblethom at yahoo dot com.
Thom killed his account after getting a lot of spam in his inbox...Thom does have 3 storys on SOL once again
http://storiesonline.net/auth/terriblethom
but of course with Thom being the owner of ThomsTales on yahoogroups that killed it when he deleted his account.

Thom is in the midst of setting up a another new site in between his bouts with the surgeon [nothing life threatening
- something to do with his back].

banzai Ben was keeping an eye on Thom's stuff but with doing his honeymooning comming up in Moscow very soon and
keeping up with the other at same time , it seems to be getting a bit sporadic from him and Nastya.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/banzaiben/

Banzai Ben's group is about the best place to get info right now that i know of
someone there should know the info on roadbug. i know he was injured in a fall off a ladder
several months ago and had a computer melt on him at about the same time .
I think both of those are fixed and fine now though ???? but that might be a better place to post
your question about roadbug

it seems Bens yahell group might also shut down soon ...if so Bens new site is up and running at
http://www.banzaiben.com/Home

Phantom
And in the fury of this darkest hour
I will be your light
A lifetime for this destiny
For I am Winter born
And in this moment..I will not run
It is my place to stand
We few shall carry hope
Within our bloodied hands
(bloodied hands)
And in our Dying, we're more alive-than we have ever been
I've lived for these few seconds
For I am Winter born
The CruxShadows "Winterborn" (This Sacrifice)
dawich
Novice

Post by dawich »

[quote="Shadowhawk"]
Second is a book from Baen Free Library. The main character is a boy with strange psionic-like powers... but when he uses his powers monsters are send after him. One of main enemies in the book are race of intelligent ant-like insects, divided into section A and section B, one of which wants eradication of all other life.
quote]

The Forlorn, by David Freer

http://www.baen.com/library/0671578316/0671578316.htm
Shadowhawk
Child of Niami

Post by Shadowhawk »

dawich wrote:
Shadowhawk wrote: Second is a book from Baen Free Library. The main character is a boy with strange psionic-like powers... but when he uses his powers monsters are send after him. One of main enemies in the book are race of intelligent ant-like insects, divided into section A and section B, one of which wants eradication of all other life.
The Forlorn, by David Freer

http://www.baen.com/library/0671578316/0671578316.htm
That was it. Thanks a lot!
I AM DEATH, NOT TAXES. *I* TURN UP ONLY ONCE.
(Terry Pratchet, "Feet of Clay")
talcorath
Talent

Post by talcorath »

I can't find a story I read about 5 years ago.

It was a Buffy the Vampire Slayer story where Xandar Harris found out he was from a line of Necromancers and his journey as he developed his powers. The only thing I remember from the site was a picture of Xandar with glowing blue eyes. Some plot lines... he can control vampires, and eventually raise the dead (He brings back Doyle for Cordy so I guess it would be a Buffy/Angel Crossover.

I've tried several times to find this story and have had no luck. Thanks to anyone with pointers.
talcorath
Talent

Post by talcorath »

Looking for a fantasy series that had 7 books I believe.

It starts out about a young man (prince?) that has been kidnapped and forced to dive for pearls (do to being from a high altitude village and could hold his breath for a long time). He finds a magical black pearl and has a vision or hallucination due to being under water so long.... this sets him on a journey. I never got to finish the book and really want to know how the story ends.

The book MAY have had the word "seven" in the title.
freethrow
Sorcerer

Post by freethrow »

talcorath wrote:Looking for a fantasy series that had 7 books I believe.

It starts out about a young man (prince?) that has been kidnapped and forced to dive for pearls (do to being from a high altitude village and could hold his breath for a long time). He finds a magical black pearl and has a vision or hallucination due to being under water so long.... this sets him on a journey. I never got to finish the book and really want to know how the story ends.

Could this be it?
http://www.fantasticfiction.co.uk/b/cur ... heaven.htm
freethrow
Sorcerer

Post by freethrow »

talcorath wrote:I can't find a story I read about 5 years ago.

It was a Buffy the Vampire Slayer story where Xandar Harris found out he was from a line of Necromancers and his journey as he developed his powers. The only thing I remember from the site was a picture of Xandar with glowing blue eyes. Some plot lines... he can control vampires, and eventually raise the dead (He brings back Doyle for Cordy so I guess it would be a Buffy/Angel Crossover.

I've tried several times to find this story and have had no luck. Thanks to anyone with pointers.
One of these maybe?

http://www.amazon.com/phrase/Xander-Har ... cap_bod_10
talcorath
Talent

Post by talcorath »

freethrow wrote:
talcorath wrote:Looking for a fantasy series that had 7 books I believe.

Could this be it?
http://www.fantasticfiction.co.uk/b/cur ... heaven.htm

That was it! Thanks freethrow.
talcorath
Talent

Post by talcorath »

freethrow wrote:
talcorath wrote:I can't find a story I read about 5 years ago.

One of these maybe?

http://www.amazon.com/phrase/Xander-Har ... cap_bod_10
None of these are it. :( thanks for trying though.
TangoTwo
Talent

Post by TangoTwo »

Phantom wrote:
kabalman2000 wrote:
Thom killed his account after getting a lot of spam in his inbox...Thom does have 3 storys on SOL once again
http://storiesonline.net/auth/terriblethom
but of course with Thom being the owner of ThomsTales on yahoogroups that killed it when he deleted his account.

Thom is in the midst of setting up a another new site in between his bouts with the surgeon [nothing life threatening
- something to do with his back].

banzai Ben was keeping an eye on Thom's stuff but with doing his honeymooning comming up in Moscow very soon and
keeping up with the other at same time , it seems to be getting a bit sporadic from him and Nastya.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/banzaiben/

Banzai Ben's group is about the best place to get info right now that i know of
someone there should know the info on roadbug. i know he was injured in a fall off a ladder
several months ago and had a computer melt on him at about the same time .
I think both of those are fixed and fine now though ???? but that might be a better place to post
your question about roadbug

it seems Bens yahell group might also shut down soon ...if so Bens new site is up and running at
http://www.banzaiben.com/Home

Phantom
thoms site is at http://www.thomstales.us/forum/index.php
hes got some other peoples work there now also.
firedrake3
Katzh-dashi

Post by firedrake3 »

Many years ago I read a great short story but can't remember the title or author:
A guy meets girl in a train and they talk all the way, they exit the train on the same station and the guy asks her on a date, every thing goes great and after few more dates they fall in love, but after another date they walk some dark street and some stranger attacks them and kills the girl. The guy is devastated. Next day he travels on a train or metro and falls asleep, after he's awake he suddenly sees the same girl. He runs to her but it seems she doesn't remember him. He's thinking it was a dream and asks her on a date and everything goes almost identically but on the day of her death he chooses another way but that doesn't help shes killed in another place by the same killer. Then everything goes again and again with small changes but the girl dies every time. After several repetitions the guy starts to break and wonders if the few days with the girl are worth it.

Ok that was a lenghty description :)
if someone could help me find it, I would appreciate it.
An objective definition of "Political Correctness":

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical, liberal minority, and
rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the
proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
garion
Sorcerer

Post by garion »

firedrake3 wrote:Many years ago I read a great short story but can't remember the title or author:
A guy meets girl in a train and they talk all the way, they exit the train on the same station and the guy asks her on a date, every thing goes great and after few more dates they fall in love, but after another date they walk some dark street and some stranger attacks them and kills the girl. The guy is devastated. Next day he travels on a train or metro and falls asleep, after he's awake he suddenly sees the same girl. He runs to her but it seems she doesn't remember him. He's thinking it was a dream and asks her on a date and everything goes almost identically but on the day of her death he chooses another way but that doesn't help shes killed in another place by the same killer. Then everything goes again and again with small changes but the girl dies every time. After several repetitions the guy starts to break and wonders if the few days with the girl are worth it.

Ok that was a lenghty description :)
if someone could help me find it, I would appreciate it.
wow talk about you're own personal hell
God made pot, man made booze, who do trust, what would you choose