Lost & Found

Story Announcements, Links, almost anything goes here...
No Spoilers

Moderator: Sennadar Moderators

Forum rules
Important: No Spoilers in this forum
Read the more detailed forum rules for more info.
DaBear
Talent

Re: Lost & Found

Post by DaBear »

Thats it! Thank you very much.

Although it does not seem to have been updated since I last read it. Shucks!

That's not your fault though :)
Starstryker
Sorcerer

Post by Starstryker »

Ok... new to the forums so hello everyone, just wondering if anyone could help me find a story I really liked but lost due to my old computer frying.
It started out as Guy finds girl-demon in car...they are chased...guy goes to alternate dimension...guy turns into a demon..sort of...was a very long story but this is pretty much the beginning. Any and all help would be welcome...(has been bothering me for a while now).

Starstryker
"Do Not Meddle in the affairs of Dragons for you are Crunchy and taste good with Ketchup"

"Don't take life too seriously, nobody gets out of it alive anyway"

Bumper stickers to live by ^
lagomilo
Sorcerer

Post by lagomilo »

David & Lyssa on Storiesonline.net by DA Porter
Starstryker
Sorcerer

Post by Starstryker »

Is actually called "Chronicles of David" but thanks for putting me on the right track.

Starstryker
"Do Not Meddle in the affairs of Dragons for you are Crunchy and taste good with Ketchup"

"Don't take life too seriously, nobody gets out of it alive anyway"

Bumper stickers to live by ^
michaelsuave
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by michaelsuave »

I have a lost story that I want to find. :cry: :cry: :cry:

There was a story that I read on storiesonline.net that was set in the Battletech universe. Its about a guy who starts out as a mechanic and supply truck driver who works his way up to being an ace mercenary mech pilot and a scout spotter for the heavy artillery of his mercenary army. Eventually he becomes the general or something of his own mercenary unit. Help me find this one please. Thanks.

~Michael 8)
Tin Foil... Still putting down money that its the key for the defeat of the baddies...

Fel, Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Ahhh, its done... dang, now what am I going to read???
New books! Yay! let the nagging begin! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do!...

True, I really have nothing better to do in my free time, I mean, what could be better than reading Fel's stories or being messed with by Spec? Thanks for the fun spec!
Fawks
Sui'Kun
Location: DFW, Texas, USA, N. America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe

Post by Fawks »

michaelsuave wrote:I have a lost story that I want to find. :cry: :cry: :cry:

There was a story that I read on storiesonline.net that was set in the Battletech universe. Its about a guy who starts out as a mechanic and supply truck driver who works his way up to being an ace mercenary mech pilot and a scout spotter for the heavy artillery of his mercenary army. Eventually he becomes the general or something of his own mercenary unit. Help me find this one please. Thanks.

~Michael 8)

Is one of these the story your looking for from SoL?

Shadow on the Edge by Aeralyndal
or
Birth of Shadow by Aeralyndal
michaelsuave
Leaders of the Off-Topic

Post by michaelsuave »

Fawks wrote:
michaelsuave wrote:I have a lost story that I want to find. :cry: :cry: :cry:

~Michael 8)

Is one of these the story your looking for from SoL?

Shadow on the Edge by Aeralyndal
or
Birth of Shadow by Aeralyndal
Yep :D Thanks! :D
~Michael 8)
Tin Foil... Still putting down money that its the key for the defeat of the baddies...

Fel, Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Ahhh, its done... dang, now what am I going to read???
New books! Yay! let the nagging begin! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do! Is it done yet? Probably not, but I don't have anything better to do!...

True, I really have nothing better to do in my free time, I mean, what could be better than reading Fel's stories or being messed with by Spec? Thanks for the fun spec!
falcon8561
Talent

Post by falcon8561 »

hows it going guys ive read a book years ago about a scientist who invented a "time machine" that spined super heavy matter to create a travel into the past effect. well he didnt actully travel into the past he traveled into a alternate deminsion where magic was real. And in this new place aluminum was the most rarest and most valuable material on the planet and only the wizards/..... cant think of the word."people that tryed to change copper into gold" knew how to make. and then the scientist created soap and made many different inventions in this low tech place. I cant remmber anying important about this book that would help me locate it. its kinda old so i send my last hopes out to yall to remmber or know of the one book in my life that got away. thank you all very much and long live firestaff.

P.S. dont ever stop writeing or you wont be my favorite auther anymore.
Mark_Reed
Katzh-dashi

Post by Mark_Reed »

falcon8561 wrote: cant think of the word."people that tryed to change copper into gold"
Don't know the book, but the word you're thinking of is alchemist.
Edengrave
Sorcerer

Post by Edengrave »

falcon8561 wrote:hows it going guys ive read a book years ago about a scientist who invented a "time machine" that spined super heavy matter to create a travel into the past effect. well he didnt actully travel into the past he traveled into a alternate deminsion where magic was real. And in this new place aluminum was the most rarest and most valuable material on the planet and only the wizards/..... cant think of the word."people that tryed to change copper into gold" knew how to make. and then the scientist created soap and made many different inventions in this low tech place. I cant remmber anying important about this book that would help me locate it. its kinda old so i send my last hopes out to yall to remmber or know of the one book in my life that got away. thank you all very much and long live firestaff.

P.S. dont ever stop writeing or you wont be my favorite auther anymore.

Rings a bell. Its very close to the Reluctant Sorcerer, by Simon Hawke
falcon8561
Talent

Post by falcon8561 »

thanks Mark_Reed for the info and thank you Edengrave from knowing the book i have spent many countless mins loooking for.

P.S. Have a Merry Christmas and Happy NewYears. ill drink a toast to you all.
Tufferino
Talent

Post by Tufferino »

MISER wrote:OK Cool Sticky I'm slow getting around to reading recently...

I want to find some books I read in the early eighties. They were paperback Sci-Fic's. The hero was a young man born here earthside. I seem to remember he was found by a fellow adult psionic who was aggrivated by his mental crying.. He had enourmous telepathic/Psionic types of talent. He used to keep pebbles in his pockets which he used as weapons teleporting them through enemies as missiles etc.... he did travel to other worlds I remember one was a water based place where the main species was a sponge or coral I think. Anyway there were at least three or four of these book maybe more. But I dont remember the names of characters or authors or titles, the book covers were quite colorful.....

Any ideas and or help greatly appreciated folks...

Thanks in advance.

John
OLD OLD post

The books you might be thinking of are the McGill Feighan Series by Kevin O'Donnell Jr. Caverns, Reefs, Lava & Cliffs are the only ones I've seen in print.

He is a Flinger, who can move 900 kilograms of matter at a time. Very good reads, IMHO.

Tufferino
Edengrave
Sorcerer

Post by Edengrave »

At last!

I do believe you are right! and with that last answer, we can now proudly say that every book lost and asked for in this thread had been found!
8)
It's sad how there are no websites on the net that thoroughly classify books
and facilitate this kind of exercice though... allscifi and scifan make an effort but they are far from up to date yet.
SparkTiger2
Novice

Post by SparkTiger2 »

hey guys i am looking for a erotic book that i think is either on storiesonline or asstr. the plot of the story was that aleins introduce a virus onto earth to kill off people to clean the earth or something like that. anyways one guy that survived i think hes name is jake or something like that ended up getting a hrem and they lived in texas. thats all i can really remember so if you guys can held me i would appreciate it
If a man is not willing to die for something he believes in, he is not fit to live at all.
Hearly
Speed Racer!

Post by Hearly »

SparkTiger2 wrote:hey guys i am looking for a erotic book that i think is either on storiesonline or asstr. the plot of the story was that aleins introduce a virus onto earth to kill off people to clean the earth or something like that. anyways one guy that survived i think hes name is jake or something like that ended up getting a hrem and they lived in texas. thats all i can really remember so if you guys can held me i would appreciate it
NanoVirus. by Cmsix

http://www1.asstr.org/~cmsix/

He's also on Storiesonline too