My profile won't allow a Photo to be uploaded nor an Avatar to be selected?

Story Announcements, Links, almost anything goes here...
No Spoilers

Moderator: Sennadar Moderators

Forum rules
Important: No Spoilers in this forum
Read the more detailed forum rules for more info.
ilox
Sorcerer

My profile won't allow a Photo to be uploaded nor an Avatar to be selected?

Post by ilox »

This is a funny one. I have asked for a Moderator to help but maybe there is an answer here amongst us mundane?
I wanted to update my photo. It has been the same for many years, maybe even from the start. So I prepared another image and tried to update with it. It wouldn't continue but my former image has now disappeared. When I go into my Profile page to update the Avatar there isn't an option to do so.
Also, I cant have a Forum-based Avatar as it tells me there are none.
How can I put a new photo on my Profile? :?:
Cheers, Ian
"From the moment I picked up your book until I laid it down, I was convulsed with laughter.
Some day I intend reading it." ~ unknown
kyli
Mi'Shara

Re: My profile won't allow a Photo to be uploaded nor an Avatar to be selected?

Post by kyli »

If you can't find where to upload a photo, here is a link. The photo also can't be bigger then 100×100 pixels. Not sure what the issue could be but I hope this helps.
ucp.php?i=ucp_profile&mode=avatar
"I got stabbed. After 10 days of agony, the sword died."
Greymist
Weavespinner

Post by Greymist »

Huh, that's strange. Uploading avatars is enabled on the board settings, but you're right, even I can't upload a new one through the user control panel.

I've used my technowizardry to restore your previous avatar (I may have edited the database directly...), and I'll look into why the forum isn't working properly later.
ilox
Sorcerer

Post by ilox »

Thanks Greymist. I tried to put up a 100x100 image and then a 90x90 image, to no avail. When I went back to that section just in case something had cleared itself - well it does happen - not even an option available. Stranger and stranger.
Again, thanks for putting the old picture back up.
Now there is an option to pull in an image from a Remote site. That wasn't there before. Let me work through that to see if I can make it work.
Last edited by ilox on Sat Jul 25, 2020 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cheers, Ian
"From the moment I picked up your book until I laid it down, I was convulsed with laughter.
ilox
Sorcerer

Post by ilox »

kyli wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 6:02 pm If you can't find where to upload a photo, here is a link. The photo also can't be bigger then 100×100 pixels. Not sure what the issue could be but I hope this helps.
ucp.php?i=ucp_profile&mode=avatar
Hi Kyli, at the time there wasn't any other option available. The "Gallery Avatar" button only showed itself.
Now there is a second option for a Remote Avatar pulled from another site. I will try that in the next few days. Thanks for the help.
Cheers, Ian