Update-o-rama.

Story Announcements, Links, almost anything goes here...
No Spoilers

Moderator: Sennadar Moderators

Forum rules
Important: No Spoilers in this forum
Read the more detailed forum rules for more info.
baldy
Novice

Re: Update-o-rama.

Post by baldy »

Will make my weekend :D
imthejman85
Sorcerer

Post by imthejman85 »

I wonder how many besides me wishes Fel had the time to do some work on Spell Dancer. That book always intrigued me.
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. -George Orwell
kyli
Mi'Shara

Post by kyli »

It isn't that we don't want him working on spelldancer. It's that I love Subjugation and want to see it through to the end. Also I've been into gamelit for quite a while so Citidal Online is a really fun side story for me. Yes I want more of spell dancer but it's about priorities to me. I think there are only 2 more books left before Subjugation reaches its planned conclusion.
"I got stabbed. After 10 days of agony, the sword died."
J-Man5
Mi'Shara

Post by J-Man5 »

I always like his Furry world and the one based on his DND character.
kyli
Mi'Shara

Post by kyli »

What I'm worried about is once Subjugation is complete, after years of not working on them, Fel just leaves stories like spirit Walker and spelldancer, and works on something new. I mean, I'd likely love the new series but it would be a shame to just leave spirit Walker and spelldancer as is.
"I got stabbed. After 10 days of agony, the sword died."
imthejman85
Sorcerer

Post by imthejman85 »

kyli wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:17 pm It isn't that we don't want him working on spelldancer. It's that I love Subjugation and want to see it through to the end. Also I've been into gamelit for quite a while so Citidal Online is a really fun side story for me. Yes I want more of spell dancer but it's about priorities to me. I think there are only 2 more books left before Subjugation reaches its planned conclusion.
No argument from me, I love the Subjugation/CO universe as well, but after over a decade away from some of his shorter/intro story chapters I wonder if he's gonna want to go back and work on those older stories at all.
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. -George Orwell
Fel
Weavespinner

Post by Fel »

There's a simple if macabre reason I've been focused on Subjugation lately.

I don't want to be another Robert Jordan.

I'm getting older. My health isn't the best. I want to finish the Subjugation series, both for myself and for you guys, so you see how it ends.

This focus is one reason why my writing has slowed down a little. I want to work on other stories, but have been more or less forcing myself to stay with Subjugation out of fear that I won't finish it before it's too late.

I have 2 more arcs to go, and it's done. Then, if I'm still in good health, I WILL be finishing the other books and maybe starting a couple of new ones. I have ideas for several new books, and have started actively developing a few of them in my spare time.
Just another guy from the shallow end of the gene pool.
NSC
Katzh-dashi

Post by NSC »

Macabre, or realistic. Doesn't matter. You are the author, and those of us who enjoy your stories will be happy with whatever you write. One of these days I'll have to go back and re-read the entirety of the Subjugation series. Hearing that you intend to finish the rest of the stories has my hopes up for Walker, and perhaps a bit more Sennadar. Whatever, and whatever pace, comes; I will be reading it.
kd7mvs
Sui'Kun

Post by kd7mvs »

Realistic.

They hired someone to finish Jordan's stuff, but...

When Wes Boyd (Spearfish Lake Tales) died, he left a number of incomplete works which he had noted as being close enough to finished that it was OK for the editing team to take them in hand and do the work needed to polish them a tad and release them on his site, which his daughter and son-in-law had agreed to maintain; thankfully, that turned out to be their honest intention, not just humoring her father while he was still alive (she wasn't a fan of his work).
They're currently posting the eight of those works; I'm not sure how many more there will be.

Far too many Internet authors, when they are no longer able to continue due to ill health or death, no one is even able to confirm that they've died.
They just stop posting one day, and if it's their own site...when it comes up for renewal it all vanishes. And that's presuming it isn't running off their own server, in which case when their power is turned off it vanishes. Their heirs take one look at the stuff on their hard drive, if they do that much, go "Oh, ick!" and toss it.

So wanting to finish it up while you can makes sense.
SoronelHaetir
Katzh-dashi

Post by SoronelHaetir »

Any word on how things are going with the next chapter(s)?
kal
Katzh-dashi

Post by kal »

SoronelHaetir wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 4:19 am Any word on how things are going with the next chapter(s)?
dont ask this! he will take longer on purpose....
Hunn2020
Talent

Post by Hunn2020 »

No!!!! You bring about the return of evil Fel. And I agree with you k7mvs, good example is mike crupo’s site. A spartan war chronicles is gone, it no longer pulls up and lists a blank page and an error. He passed from lung cancer three years ago. And book five is now unfinished.
Steve.K.Bates
Novice

Post by Steve.K.Bates »

Hunn2020 wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 5:59 pm No!!!! You bring about the return of evil Fel. And I agree with you k7mvs, good example is mike crupo’s site. A spartan war chronicles is gone, it no longer pulls up and lists a blank page and an error. He passed from lung cancer three years ago. And book five is now unfinished.
It's available here...

https://storiesonline.net/a/Mike_Cropo
Hunn2020
Talent

Post by Hunn2020 »

I know, but we lost his regular site and the forums with his discussions
trodrian
Sorcerer

Post by trodrian »

I was on Mike's site about 3 months ago and everything in the forums was gone. I think someone decided to delete the discussion.

Was just on Mike's site. I checked some files and they were still there. :oops: