Update-o-rama.

Story Announcements, Links, almost anything goes here...
No Spoilers

Moderator: Sennadar Moderators

Forum rules
Important: No Spoilers in this forum
Read the more detailed forum rules for more info.
Fel
Weavespinner

Update-o-rama.

Post by Fel »

A few things:

I should have the next chapter of CO done by tomorrow. I have most of it done, but I have to do a major edit that will require some rewriting. That can be time-consuming.

I know I said I'd work on Earth Bond, and I still fully intend to write a chapter or two in it before starting Revelation. But I had about half of the CO chapter already done (I sometimes "piddle" on a different story when working on one as a means of breaking episodes of writer's block) and thought it would be nice to go ahead and finish out CO10 before starting earth31.

My mother starts her treatment today. They'll be doing radiation therapy for her that will last about three weeks. I figure that she'll need about a month to recover after the treatments are over, and should be back home from Maine in late August, or perhaps early September. The doctors are optimistic about her treatment, that it will either kill the vast majority of the tumor or shrink it to the point where it's no longer constricting her airways, which will allow her to breathe much better and allow her to be more active.

So, that's it. Everyone keep my mother in your thoughts and prayers for the next 3 weeks. She's going to need it.
Just another guy from the shallow end of the gene pool.
trodrian
Sorcerer

Re: Update-o-rama.

Post by trodrian »

Great news! Looking forward to more CO too.
mjkj
Katzh-dashi

Post by mjkj »

Thank you for the update and keeping us posted :)

There is nothing wrong with getting an unplanned CO chapter before Earth Bond (*looking forward to both*)

Great to hear about your mom starting treatment - hope it will really help her...
NSC
Katzh-dashi

Post by NSC »

Good news on your mom's prospects. I sincerely hope/pray they are underestimating how well she will respond.

TBH, I'm looking forward to CO a tad bit more than EB, and always hoping for a completion of Walker.
crxbnt
Da'Shar

Post by crxbnt »

Thanks for the upate Fel, and so happy to hear the good prospects for your Mom. Keep the faith and stay well.
ilox
Sorcerer

Post by ilox »

Thanks for keeping us up to date. That is very good news about your Mum's treatment Fel. Bet that is a good point to reach that the treatments have actually started. Hoping for the good news to keep coming.
Cheers, Ian
"From the moment I picked up your book until I laid it down, I was convulsed with laughter.
Some day I intend reading it." ~ unknown
Hunn2020
Talent

Post by Hunn2020 »

Fel, I read the chapter of shifters the other week, and I liked it, any plans on continuing that storyline?
Wolfee
Mi'Shara

Post by Wolfee »

Fel, hope all counties to improve with you and yours. Any updates you can share about how you mom is doing and what you will be posting next would be read with interest. Keeping your mom in our thoughts and prayers.
Fel
Weavespinner

Post by Fel »

My mother will be back home in about a week.

As far as writing goes, I haven't been able to decide between working on earth bond or CO, so I've kinda been working on both, at least when I have time. It slows down progress on both stories, but I've been enjoying myself.

Progress has been slow regardless because of IRL. I've had a series of bad luck lately with a ton of stuff all breaking at the same time, on top of getting the house ready for my mother to come home. I have CO11 about 3/4 done and earth31 about halfway done.
NSC
Katzh-dashi

Post by NSC »

That's awesome news about your mom, and that's what's most important. Hopefully this storm coming through our area today won't cause any problems for you (or me).
Fel
Weavespinner

Post by Fel »

I live a good 600 kilometers west of the storm's track, so I'm good. But, the storm did cause a front to stall more or less over us, so it's been cloudy and rainy for the last 4 days.
Wolfee
Mi'Shara

Post by Wolfee »

Fel how goes things? Hope all is well with you and your family. Just wondering how the next chapter is progressing?
Fel
Weavespinner

Post by Fel »

About halfway done.

I've been busy because my mother has come home from Maine and we've been busy settling her back into the house and her routine.

Her treatments are over, but we won't know how effective they were until late October. That's when she goes back to Maine (and I'm going with her this time) so they can do the X-rays and tests. They can't do it now because the radiation they used to treat her is still in her body, and it jacks with X-rays and magnetic resonance scans.
Fel
Weavespinner

Post by Fel »

I may have CO12 done by Saturday, maybe Sunday.
JNMC
Initiate

Post by JNMC »

Woot!